time to upgrade...

Status
Not open for further replies.

klynnn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
prattville
The kgo kit from hoosierecigs is reasonable and makes a good all day backup for your next purchases. It is not a mini but about the size of a sharpee -I have the 1100mah and it lasts me all day. The twist is great and can use the same charger. Both are 510 threaded and accessories are interchangable. I use the vivi nova on both and could not be happier. I started out with the mini cigs and xl's don't waste your money unless you are an extremely light smoker.

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
like everyone else, its been a hell of a time learning to understand all this. the different mods and features are just overwhelming. anyways I've finally come to the conclusion thats its time to upgrade from my smoov. I still get confused a little between the differences between atomizer, cartomizer (clearomizer) and tanks, brief and simple explanation on these would be great.

I think Im leaning towards the ego, possibly the twist. curious as to what the input is on variable voltage, how beneficial is it really?

Whats the difference b/w egoC and egoT?

I have been using a smoov for the past few months, time for something different. Any suggestions/reccomendations?

thanks

The EGO T came first, then the EGO C was supposed to be an improvement but it wasn't. The EGO T is the better of the two but they both leak like a sieve. Forget about those. You have the right info already. Get the EGO C TWIST. It's the ultimate game changing PV device on the market. Before it came out people would buy expensive ($200 Provaris) to get a similar experience that the twist offers. Now you can get a twist from altsmoke.com for $23. Get the slightly more expensive 1000mah version though (I think it's like $27). Sure it's a little long, but a provari is a fat as a flashlight. A provari takes 1000 button clicks to do anything (and learning them can be a pain), while the ego twist is twist and go. Not enough voltage? Twist it some more. It couldn't be simpler.

Throw a Stardust version 3 on there (the rebuildable type) or a Vision Vivi Nova (the better, but uglier option) and you're good to go. You can get all the stuff you need from Altsmoke.com and they have the cheapest price on them as of the time of this posting.

If you are utterly disinterested in a variable voltage device then the KGO rules supreme over all the EGO devices because it is a true 4.2volt PV vs. the 3.6-3.7v devices that run rampant everywhere across the net. If you wanted one of the KGOs instead then don't get it from Hoosierecigsupply, it comes with a big AD across the battery for them. Instead get it from Darkcityvapor because it's ad free. Plus, between the two company owners Brent from Hoosiers is kinda not very nice (also he's not an ECF member) and Bill from DCV is super awesome AND an ECF veteran/registered supplier.

Last edited:

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
There is no ad on my kgo -it does have a very small logo that is barely discernible. I order lots from Brent he is extremely helpful and ships very fast. He has always been very nice to me and I've never had a problem with anything I've bought there.

Well he was rather rude to me on the phone just for asking when he'd get more KGOs in. No ads on your battery are better than a "small discernible" one. If I'm going to advertise for someone every time I vape that means they are my sponsor and I want to get paid for it. It doesn't matter anyway because the KGO is so a few months ago. It's all about the EGO Twist now.

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
Well he was rather rude to me on the phone just for asking when he'd get more KGOs in. No ads on your battery are better than a "small discernible" one. If I'm going to advertise for someone every time I vape that means they are my sponsor and I want to get paid for it. It doesn't matter anyway because the KGO is so a few months ago. It's all about the EGO Twist now.

So you cut all the labels off your clothes, and don't wear anything that has a symbol or anything on it? Hopefully you don't drive a car, they all have logos too. O.O

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
like everyone else, its been a hell of a time learning to understand all this. the different mods and features are just overwhelming. anyways I've finally come to the conclusion thats its time to upgrade from my smoov. I still get confused a little between the differences between atomizer, cartomizer (clearomizer) and tanks, brief and simple explanation on these would be great.

I think Im leaning towards the ego, possibly the twist. curious as to what the input is on variable voltage, how beneficial is it really?

Whats the difference b/w egoC and egoT?

I have been using a smoov for the past few months, time for something different. Any suggestions/reccomendations?

thanks
I can relate. When I got into this there wasn't many mods available and none were variable voltage but I was still overwhelmed. The Ego is a very good place to start though. Good luck.

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
I am over the "cigarette-look-alike" feature and size isnt much of an issue. I dont perfer to have a rediculously bulky battery. I'm still trying to decide variable or not and 650mah or 1000mah. Whats the difference really in battery life (650v1000) and any opions as far as how complicated or nesceary the vv is for a noob?Budget isnt a major concern im willing to spend up to $100 to get a solid setup.

Say I got a twist and a kGo would those cartomizers/atomizers/tanks be interchangeable?

This thread has been so helpful, thank you all.

This is a cut-and-paste of my responses in this thread from tonight:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/320973-first-post-thanks-all-posters.html

Short answer: please get three 650mah Joyetech eGo-C Twists, two Joyetech chargers, five Vivi Nova tank/atomizers, and at least five flavors of juice.

The Twists are about $22 each, the chargers are about $13 each, and the Vivi Novas are also about $13 each.

If you get 30ml (one ounce) of five flavors that will last you about 20-30 days. Heavy vaping is about 6-8ml a day. 12mg strength should be enough to take care of any cravings, but 18ml might be even better. Nicotine does raise your blood pressure and heart rate, so it's best IMO not to ingest any more than you currently are by smoking cigarettes, but do whatever you need to to get off of the cancer sticks, and worry about cutting down on your nic levels after you're out of the deadly clutches of the cancer sticks.

Please remember one thing; vaping is flat-out more enjoyable than ciggies. Please just start, and don't look back.

THE EGO TWIST IS A GAME CHANGER - YouTube Grimm Green Twist Game changer

E-Cigs v NRT - YouTube Chris the English gentleman

Joyetech eGo-C Twist: Joye eGo-C Twist Variable Voltage 650mAh Battery

Please do not "get a good kit". Most "good kits" will be constant voltage. Variable voltage is indisputably superior to constant voltage.

The Joyetch eGo-C Twist has a dial on the bottom that lets you adjust the voltage between 3.2 and 4.8 volts. That allows you to control the amount of watts produced by/within the coil. It is as easy to use as a dimmer switch. It can be taught is three seconds. For more heat to the coil, turn the knob clockwise. For less heat to the coil, turn it counter-clockwise. I do not understand why so many people give beginners so little credit concerning basic intelligence.

The Vivi Nova tank/atomizer is insanely easy to use and performs very, very well. Unscrew the top, fill it with juice to the "Full" mark, and vape.

How to change out your Vivi Nova tank - YouTube Vivi Nova tank - Filling, changing heads 1:38

The soothing background guitar music tells you it's simple.

I have been vaping for almost a year, and have bought LOTS of stuff. Joytech eGo-T (constant voltage) tank system, Joyetch eGo-C (Constant voltage) tank system, Smoktech Woo 5-volt battery, e_power (constant voltage) battery), Smoktech VMax variable voltage APV (awesome, $100), Joyetech 18650 (constant voltage) APV, and others.

Right now, I am vaping on a Joyetch eGo-C Twist (variable voltage) APV with a Vivi Nova 3.5 ml tank/atomizer. Anyone with a functioning brain can operate this equipment, and I cannot recommend it highly enough as an excellent starting point to use while you explore other options. As for me, I just plain like it, and my VMax sits largely ignored and unused, awesome as it is.

GotVapes VISION ViVi NOVA™ 3.5ml V2.5 REBUILDABLE TANK [gv-VIVINOVA-TANKV2.5] - $13.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more GotVapes - Vivi Nova tank - $13.95

The Vivi Nova video mentions that it comes with three "heads" - the actual atomizer that is fed with wicks. The heads come in three different "resistances" - amounts of "ohms".

The higher the ohms, the more volts are required to achieve a given amount of heat, measured in watts. With a variable voltage device, you can adjust the voltage to achieve any desired heat using any of the three heads. You CANNOT do that with a constant voltage device.

The Joyetech eGo-C Twist is indeed a game changer, allowing anyone to have variable voltage for a much lower cost of entry than ever before.

Variable voltage lets you be Goldilocks. She wanted her porridge just the right temperature. To get a variety of resistances of coils to just the right temperature, you need to be able to control the amount of volts that your device is delivering to it (please use only single coil cartomizers or atomizers unless you have a compelling reason to use two or more coils - you'll save battery power, and IMO get a better vape to boot). Different juices also want different amounts of heat, and there are variations among "nominal" resistances of any given device that variable voltage will allow you to compensate for.

This can all be demonstrated by a very simple formula that is part of "Ohm's Law":

Volts time volts divided by resistance (rated in "ohms") = watts (heat) at/in the coil.

Consider the three heads in the Vivi Nova; 1.8, 2.4, and 2.8 ohms:

With a Joyetech eGo-C Twist, or any other variable voltage device, you can achieve any wattage you need to get a good vape, even if the "actual" resistance of the "heads" varies from the "nominal" resistance of the heads, which it almost always does.

I'd say that most people vape at between 4 and 8 watts per coil. Let's see how 6 watts can be produced with a Joyetech eGo-C Twist (or any other variable voltage device) with any of those three atomizer heads.

3.28 volts x 3.28 volts / 1.8 ohms = 6 watts

3.79 volts x 3.79 volts / 2.4 ohms = 6 watts

4.09 volts x 4.09 volts / 2.8 ohms = 6 watts

A constant voltage device obviously cannot do this, so please do not buy one under any circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread