The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Tips & Tricks -- How to get the most out of your SmokeStik

Discussion in 'SmokeStik' started by bigblue30, Jan 31, 2011.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. bigblue30

bigblue30 Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

May 10, 2010
    Saint Clair Shores
    If you would like to keep your batteries working at optimal performance, here’s a tip for you.
    Unscrew the cartomizer from your battery and using a Q-tip gently wipe it around the inside threads of the battery (see picture 1 and 2).

Picture 1

[​IMG]

Picture 2

[​IMG]

This will remove any build-up of liquid, dust, and dirt (see picture 3).

Picture 3

[​IMG]

This build-up can prevent the battery from accepting a full charge from the charger and can also prevent the battery from making a good connection with the cartomizer. This can result in reduced battery life and a decline in flavor and vapor production.

So if you want to keep your SmokeStik working factory-fresh, please remember to keep the threads clean.

2. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    I dip my q-tip in Isopropyl alcohol. I think it helps. Do you not recommend it for some reason?

3. player30

player30 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 10, 2010
    Birmingham AL
    I do the same thing. I wipe it out with the alcohol tip and then the other tip.

4. bigblue30

bigblue30 Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

May 10, 2010
    Saint Clair Shores
    I would probably keep the battery higher than the Q-tip just to make sure I didn't get any alcohol or crud dripping down the center hole. Then I would use the dry end to dry off the threads (like player30 said).

5. lorikay13

lorikay13 Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2009
    Oregon
    The only reason I don't recommend Isopropyl Alcohol is that you can't drink it......PGA all the way!

6. Kristen74

Kristen74 Senior Member ECF Veteran

7. Koman

Koman Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2010
    lv
    Great tips on cleaning. Thanks bros!