Tired, fatigued, Skin issues, gut pains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex1982

Jan 12, 2022
Hi,

I am an ex smoker, havnt smoked for 8 years and then started smoking again for around 1.5yrs and then quit again using e-cigarettes. Since then I am vaping (for around 3 yrs now) with a several month pause in between.

I was also a passionate coffee drinker. I loved coffee, I was crazy about it. I quit drinking coffee now 5 months ago and stopped consuming anything containing caffeine. Reason?
I had very weird dizzy periods where I felt like I was outside my body, walking on foam, kind of vertigo feelings but not really. It was so odd that anxiety started to manifest. I was at all possible checkups, never found anything. Even an MRT of the brain.
After I quit coffee it took over a month for those symptoms do disappear. Noted that I lived over a decade with those symtpoms, on the edge to an anxiety disorder. I realised that after I quit drinking caffeine, I didnt worry so much anymore and maybe that was also the reason why it went away.

Anyhow, since a couple of months now I am feeling really tired from vaping. In the morning everything is fine, but after the first vape I feel unmotivated, fatigued, even feel my neck getting stiff and very mild feeling like I had while consuming caffeine on daily basis. I read that nicotine and caffeine have similar effects on the nervous system. Noted, that I am only vaping 1.5mg nicotine!
Additionally I started to get pretty bad reflux and acid problems. It actually all went away when I quit coffee (I have chronic GERD) but now it seems it's all coming back slowly. Also I get palpitations 10 minutes after a vape. I realise that those palpitations are caused by my stomach and the vagues nerve in correlation with the GERD (roehmehld syndrome).

I really love vaping, but when I am so fatigued I cant work at all. I cant focus, my mind is wandering around. I also realized since vaping again (after that months of pause since last year summer) that I am getting some kind of mild acne on my face. I never had that. My skin was really flawless. After a vape i feel like my eyerings are swelling and they are pretty black. I had this when I smoked cigarettes but it went away after quitting. I am pretty sure that this is caused by vaping since I have a real comparison from last year, where I paused for over several months.
Also when working out lately I get muscle pains pretty fast.
I am wondering if anyone is having same symptoms?

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
No such problems here for my wife and myself over the 10+ years we've been vaping. No problems with caffeine either. Based on the larger vaping community I've known, your problems are highly unusual.

With the number of issues you are experiencing it makes sense to stop vaping for now. There may be related health issues that caused these problems with caffeine and vaping, but that's for you and your doctor to figure out. Good luck!

Vapeon4Life

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2020
Nevada, USA
Noted, that I am only vaping 1.5mg nicotine!
Option one is to quit vapiing and see if you feel any better ?
- If not......

"Just 1.5mg nic" ? - I was using mainly 1.5mg nic and just switched to 0mg nic.
I can hardly tell the difference except the flavors I use taste even better with no nicotine !
There are still many flavors, including natural, that are available in 0mg nic.

Do you inhale the vape into your lungs? - Might try stopping that and just puffing like pipe and and cigar smokers do - Vaping lends itself easily to pipe or cigar style puffing without inhaling.

Consider allergies - You may be allergic to one or more of the flavors you are using.

Some of the symptom you describe can also be related to caffeine withdrawal - caffeine is addictive.

I just recently cut back drastically on caffeine because I got some palpitations and blood pressure issues
which have stopped since I cut back on the caffeine and went to 0mg nic vaping most of the time.

Are you under stress, or something making you anxious?
If doctors have given you a clean bill of health I suppose it is possible your
symptoms are being caused by psychological issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread