Tobacco Absolute - A Flavor All By Itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Looks like you're shooting for 40ml at 5% Rustica. Just keep in mind that the Rustica doesn't need be real hot to flow good. Some warm it in hot water, but I prefer 4 seconds in the microwave. I'd say warm the Rustica however you like, empty it into your container, put some pga in the little bottle and warm again if needed, cap and shake then empty into container, repeat as necessary, a couple of times should do it. Then with every thing in the final container, you can heat it on up to 120 degrees if you want, although I don't think it's necessary to go that high.

But again, 100 degrees or so is fine to get the Rustica flowing, and much easier to work with. I tear the end off a paper towel and fold it to make a small pot holder for that tiny bottle.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Dixie1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
Springfield,Oregon,USA
WOW I chickened out and added 1 oz of PGA and 1 oz of PG so a bit over 60ml all told. And omg you want me to do what with this pond scummy looking stuff??!!:eek: :lol: It took me 4 times at 4 seconds each to get it to move in the wee bottle LOL. Then took me forever (not really) to get it out of the bottle. I left 1ml of the PGA in the bottle to hopefully get the stuck on the bottom bits lol.:thumbs: My question is how in the world do they get that stuff into a tiny wee bottle.:laugh: If I end up liking this enough to get another wee bottle I will put 20ml of PGA into the end bottle so I can wash down the thick stuff that went down the side of it. UGH that is some gooey stuff. ;) I ended up with a close to 3.5% dilution - after I get it as mixed as I can I will try to put some in a dripper topped 12ml bottle so I can measure it. Then I will make a wee tester. :cool: (more to come)

Reactions: JD1

Dixie1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
Springfield,Oregon,USA
Before I mixed it IMHO it stank lol after I mixed it all I could smell was the high octane alcohol.:blink: I mixed it at 2% of my solution and it is ok - maybe I need to leave the mixed bottle open overnight to see if the alcohol taste dissipates a bit - I can taste it in my tester.;)

Reactions: mommabird62

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
Before I mixed it IMHO it stank lol after I mixed it all I could smell was the high octane alcohol.:blink: I mixed it at 2% of my solution and it is ok - maybe I need to leave the mixed bottle open overnight to see if the alcohol taste dissipates a bit - I can taste it in my tester.;)

That's what I do when I mix, especially the rustica. A little breathing does it justice [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk with my paws :)

Mommabird62

Dixie1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
Springfield,Oregon,USA
OK - I like this!!:p It is a sweet tobacco vape to me - which is what I like.:toast: I can use this as an ADV easily. So, I find it strange that I did not want a "real" cigarette tasting juice but my favorites are all made with real tobacco.:wub: Thank you all for finally getting me to try this TA.:vapor:

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
@tierrataz Rustica does not smell good to me but the NN Honey Tobacco smells yummy and it is made with TA. :wub: :vapor:
Several of the flavors I have don't smell that great to me but are some of my favorites in a mix. SC (China) Cigar is probably the worst offender. It's wicked strong, and the first time I got some, I shoved the bottle about half way up my nose and took a big whiff. Of course it has that alcohol sharpness and it curled my toenails pretty good, let me tell you. I try not to do that anymore. :vapor:

Dixie1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
Springfield,Oregon,USA
I use Kangertech Protank 2s and the drip tips get juice in them so I use a pipe cleaner to clean them out. NN Honey Tobacco I could sniff all day long - Rustica no way.:blink: And remember I use a tiny bit so I can not imagine a "normal" percentage smell. :laugh: At least it tastes wayyyyyyyyyyy better than it smells.:drool:

tierrataz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
soCal
Since my senses have healed, my olfactory and taste seem more bound than ever. The past couple of years I can tell with complete accuracy if I will like a flavoring by smell. I do still mix but lately have been wondering why. There are those common "notes" across all the flavor houses in various tabs, all of which have nothing to do with cigarettes, cigars, or snus I used to enjoy. In some ways it is a curse as I read the fawning reviews of this and that, getting caught up to buy. I hope I am finally over it. The blessing is my mixing box has very little in it and the one unique cigar I adore will last my lifetime. ;)

Detroit Doug

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Detroit
I had to laugh. I said the same things, Dixie. 'I'm supposed to get the black goop, into that little bottle?!...You gotta be kidding me!'...lol

With a few colorful 'expletives deleted', I managed, and yeah, it was worth it. It's sure a delicious addition. I have some Rustica added to a Hangsen No 5 / RY4 Double mix as I type this. Really nice.

I had so much PGA left, I decided to give NET extraction another whirl (3rd attempt). What the heck, I'm sure as hell not going to drink the PGA. I might as well put it to good use. That's been taking up most of my spare time, and the reason I've been absent from the threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread