Not open for further replies.

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
I'm looking for a relatively dry, not sweet tobacco flavor and so far have not found it. I have found flavors I like, like (vaping Zone Parliament, FlavourArt Royal, VapingZone Cigar) but nothing like what I've described. It's also something that would help my dad convert to vaping as it's what he likes. He's pretty much a chain smoker and he's told me that to convert he needs something that 'knocks his socks off". For him, even if you could recommend a vendor flavor that would work, I would be eternally grateful. (he likes a light nicotine 'hit' w/ a lot of flavor)
Anyways, ones that I have tried that got rave reviews were FlavourArt MAXX Blend, vaping Zone Carolina tobacco, and the ones I listed above. Also have tried pretty much every Perfumer's Apprentice tobacco flavor.
I was thinking about trying Real Cig by Vaping Zone as people have described it as being the closest thing to an analog that they've tried but people said that about MAXX Blend as well and to me, it tastes nothing like it. Tastes very chemical and floral-like to me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

roundrock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Central Texas, USA
Rin, how about a RY4 blend with added tobacco extract? Maybe he would like something with a dessert taste that also has an extract back-up? Maybe two blends- one straight up hard-core cigg or cigar and another that is bakery? Has he tried your blends?

I'm just brainstorming here... :)
ZoomButt.gif

edit- I smoked menthols and I don't like menthol vape at all...I thought I would and that was the first flavor I ordered. I still have some carts left.

Last edited:

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
My dad loathes menthols. He rolls his own but before that, he smoked Pall Malls and Camels. The RY4, to me, is sweet. He doesn't want something sweet. At one point, he tried every juice I had made up. He said a couple were ok but all were weak to him. Mind you, I have pretty strong senses and his taste buds are fried from smoking... so they all were pretty bland to him. The only one he really liked was the butterscotch from High Desert vapes that they sent me as a sample, and even that he said he would prefer to be stronger.

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles
michaelsil1, is the RY1 sweet though? I'm looking for something that isn't sweet. I do like the RY4s I've tried for the most part but I'm looking for some variety as every tobacco flavor I have with the exception of Parliament, is sweet

The Hangsen RY1 is a pure Tobacco Extract if you want to cut the sweetness put one drop of Apple Cider Vinegar per 10ml

BTW

This is from BJ43

If he wants it strong (Camel Non Filter) mix at 1.5 drops per ml.

Last edited:

RobertNC

ECF Veteran
Dec 25, 2012
Athens
OK, I used to smoke Camel shorts, you are just not going to find anything like that. As far as not flowery, not perfumey, and definitely has some kick, I ordered about 20 of these weird Chinese TobaccoExpress flavors and while they don't exactly taste like cigarette tobacco, they don't taste like old lady's douche water or old hippie's patchouli either. You might want to try any of these (of course you will need to add nic and PG/VG and I would suggest a little caramel too even though he does not want sweet):

Haorizi
HongJinLong
Honghe
Changbaishan

These are the darkest, most ...-kick of the multitude of these flavors I have tried.

JasonInTN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2011
Cookeville, TN
I was thinking about trying Real Cig by Vaping Zone as people have described it as being the closest thing to an analog that they've tried

I'm vaping Parliment with some fruit flavors right now. I think Real Cig tastes like Parliment with ash tray added. I don't like Real Cig myself, but I let a long time heavy smoker sample it last week and he liked it better than any other flavor I had. Nice thing about these concentrates is you may be able to get enough flavor for your dad below 5%.

Last edited:

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Hmm. That's interesting. Never tried coffee and tobacco together, even though I have both. Lol
Also a little TFA Coffee flavor will add some kick without adding perfume or sweetness, but it is way too potent - cut it to 1/4 strength with PG/VG and add a drop per mL and adjust from there.

RobertNC

ECF Veteran
Dec 25, 2012
Athens
Hmm. That's interesting. Never tried coffee and tobacco together, even though I have both. Lol

Well, I was not really looking for a coffee taste, although I do love my vape and coffee in the am, just like I used to love my Camel and coffee in the am.

I only do tobaccos, as you know most are flowery, chemical, peppery, something. The thing is, although nicotine is certainly not good for you, what made a cigarette so damn good and so damn bad for you was not the tobacco and not the nicotine, but all the .... that resulted from the pyrolysis (blazing one) of vegetable matter.

I am not into fruits. But basically everything else under the sun I have tried as a booster to get some of that good old pyrolysis sort of experience into a vape. Coffee seems to be one of the few flavors that adds a little of that punch I like, but again the TFA Coffee is really strong so if you are like me and looking for just a tobacco enhancer, not a vapeable expresso, start low.

roundrock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Central Texas, USA
Maybe a cig-alike battery would help as well. I know you have a Vamo and other PVs, but he might need to have something that feels like a cigarette to add to his comfort level.

Also, he's probably about my age and might feel embarrassed to publicly display something that attracts attention. Let me know what you think about this.

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
I've asked him about the size thing and he said he doesn't really care how big it is or what it looks like as long as it works. He's not one of those people that care too much about what other people think. However, if he does get into vaping, I'll lend him my EGO to start or get him one. (my Lavatube has been acting up lately) They have a nice package at my freedom smokes for 15 bucks. Includes everything except the juice.
The reason I said the pen styles may not have best suited him is because I think they don't get hot enough. That's another thing he's told me is that he likes a little warmth in the vape, a fullness in it and a strong taste. So far nothing he's tried has had all that. He's said I've come close but not yet. (that was back when I first started mixing though) (I've also had my tobacco extract sitting a while so that should be nice now too) He hasn't tried my tobacco extract yet. I wanted to wait until I have something for him to vape it with first. Right now I just have my Lavatube. No backups as I've given mine away.

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
No. I totally get what you're saying. Use it as an additive to enhance the tobacco, not to add a coffee taste perse. I was just saying that as much as I love coffee, I have no idea why I haven't tried a mixture putting them together. Honestly I haven't tried any fruits, coffees or oddball flavors with tobacco. Only the 'normal' ones like vanilla or cherry. I shall have to try this. I did do my own coffee extract but that didn't seem to turn out too well. It's not very strong, at least not on its own. Maybe mixed with the tobacco it will be better

RobertNC

ECF Veteran
Dec 25, 2012
Athens
As far as hardware goes that's cool if he wants a hot rig. I think RoundRock has a good point for some though.

I'm an old fart. Some may consider them newbie kiddie batteries but I really like the KR808Ds and will probably always stick with them. The funky tanks? Not inclined to puff on anything that looks like a screwdriver, lol. Plus I like to sneak mine at work occasionally, low profile is good there. ;-)

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
I don't think an EGO is too flashy? He's not allowed to vape at work, I don't think. He works in an office so I don't even know if he could sneak it. Right now, I'm concerned with the flavor part. Unless he likes the flavor, he won't vape period so it doesn't much matter. Lol. I will say that he probably wouldn't like vaping on my Lavatube Chrome, for example. I bought him a friggin Saber Touch and he didn't touch it. Lol. Then again, he didn't have anything he liked to vape on it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread