Status
Not open for further replies.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Well, a dark day has come for me. My all day vape: Studio Brand-Legend appears to be done for. Long story, but in short I think they went out of business silently. Can't order online from them anymore and my local vape shop says they're MIA for them as well. It was always a small line, so I had this feeling it would happen.

First Space Jam Eclipse goes away, and now this. I'm really bummed. So I really need to find a new juice. A little bit about this one: it's a 50/50 "creamy caramel paired with golden graham wafers, blended with undertones of smooth tobacco" It has almost a Brown Sugar type flavor.

Anyone have any suggestions in this realm? Most of the options in this category like VCT are 70vg. I'm hoping there are some 50/50 hidden gems out there.

Reactions: ChelsB

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Well, a dark day has come for me. My all day vape: Studio Brand-Legend appears to be done for. Long story, but in short I think they went out of business silently. Can't order online from them anymore and my local vape shop says they're MIA for them as well. It was always a small line, so I had this feeling it would happen.

First Space Jam Eclipse goes away, and now this. I'm really bummed. So I really need to find a new juice. A little bit about this one: it's a 50/50 "creamy caramel paired with golden graham wafers, blended with undertones of smooth tobacco" It has almost a Brown Sugar type flavor.

Anyone have any suggestions in this realm? Most of the options in this category like VCT are 70vg. I'm hoping there are some 50/50 hidden gems out there.

I am sorry I have no suggestions but thought I’d comment to tell you that you’re not alone. A few weeks ago, I was extremely disappointed when I discovered my ADV is discontinued and the site I always it bought from (who was the manufacturer), Apollo vape had NONE left in stock for me to buy. I found 2 bottles at ejuices.com (I think) but they weren’t having a sale so I passed on them. I wish you the best of luck. I remain hopeful I’ll be able to come up with a decent clone. In the meantime I’m trying a bunch of new recipes looking for a new ADV

Reactions: drysprocket

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Thanks for saying so, this really is sad times. And no word from these companies. It's pretty crazy to just go dark. To think I've given some random couple people thousands of dollars of the last couple years, and nada to show for it.

I might try my hand at dyi eventually too. I doubt I'll ever get the recipe since it's such a small line but maybe I can come close. Best of luck to you too.

• Agree
Reactions: Fredman1

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
I to sympathize with you. I do tobacco exclusively and I know how difficult it is to get something you like. I've bought upwards of a 100 from all over and VERY few stays in my rotation. I only have one ADV and its one I make myself. Its a tobacco made of RY1 and some vanilla/caramel/butterscotch/custard/cookie/pistachio tones.
I also make a varient of that without the pistachio.

I urge you to start exploring and see what you can concoct. Its easier than you think.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I don't understand why you can't order from them anymore. Their website cart system seems to be working fine. I put The Legend in my cart and made it all the way to the credit card page in the checkout process.

As far as making it yourself, according to their web page for that juice...
    The Legend

"A creamy caramel paired with golden graham wafers, blended with undertones of smooth tobacco. An all day vape for the smoker & ex-smoker."

Your biggest hurdle in making this ejuice with be the exact tobacco flavor.

Maybe you could email them and ask for the recipe? It's a long shot, but it's worth it, costs nothing.

Their contact info is still on their site.

Contact

For questions, comments, or wholesale order information please feel free to email us at contact@thestudiobrand.com

911 S. Primrose Ave. Ste C.
    Monrovia, Ca 91016

Tel: +1 (626) 386 - 5027​

drysprocket

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 11, 2014
    Los Angeles
    I don't understand why you can't order from them anymore. Their website cart system seems to be working fine. I put The Legend in my cart and made it all the way to the credit card page in the checkout process.

As far as making it yourself, according to their web page for that juice...
    The Legend

"A creamy caramel paired with golden graham wafers, blended with undertones of smooth tobacco. An all day vape for the smoker & ex-smoker."

Your biggest hurdle in making this ejuice with be the exact tobacco flavor.

Maybe you could email them and ask for the recipe? It's a long shot, but it's worth it, costs nothing.

Their contact info is still on their site.

Contact

For questions, comments, or wholesale order information please feel free to email us at contact@thestudiobrand.com

911 S. Primrose Ave. Ste C.
    Monrovia, Ca 91016

Tel: +1 (626) 386 - 5027​

Yeah, you can put them in the cart, but no payments are accepted. I've tried different cards, emailed them, filled out their contact form last week and called a bunch. Left a VM. They're totally MIA. When I called my local shop that carries them, they told me others have said no one can get a hold of them either and their shipments stopped being fulfilled months ago. So it confirmed my assumptions.

And ya, good idea. I'm definitely going to try to get that recipe out of them if they ever respond to me.

Ya CagedSpam, it looks like I might have to now. I never minded throwing a bit of money at my habit, but it might be time to finally do it.

Reactions: CagedSpam

Calaban

ECF Veteran
    Feb 17, 2009
    Newmarket, NH USA
    Try Jon Wayne from Uncle Junk.

It’s the best I’ve had and fits that profile but without the graham cracker. You could probably add a drop of graham flavoring to a 100ml bottle.

Don’t expect it to be exactly the same and I think you’ll enjoy it.

But like you, I’ve been having trouble finding it lately. I used to order it from Vape Society Supply but they have become unreliable.

I ordered some last night directly from Uncle Junk, but they have yet to fulfill the order. I have heard nothing yet. I’ll give it another day or two and then call.

Seems to be a tough time for certain flavors. Maybe that’s just the nature of this business I don’t know.

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Try Jon Wayne from Uncle Junk.

It’s the best I’ve had and fits that profile but without the graham cracker. You could probably add a drop of graham flavoring to a 100ml bottle.

Don’t expect it to be exactly the same and I think you’ll enjoy it.

But like you, I’ve been having trouble finding it lately. I used to order it from Vape Society Supply but they have become unreliable.

I ordered some last night directly from Uncle Junk, but they have yet to fulfill the order. I have heard nothing yet. I’ll give it another day or two and then call.

Seems to be a tough time for certain flavors. Maybe that’s just the nature of this business I don’t know.
    I love me some Jon Wayne!
    However, OP, note it is 70%VG.
    Personally, I think JW is a bit over flavored and if you decided to bump the PG content you will not loose much, if any, flavor. (do a small test batch)

Cheers
    I

Calaban

ECF Veteran
    Feb 17, 2009
    Newmarket, NH USA
    I love me some Jon Wayne!
    However, OP, note it is 70%VG.
    Personally, I think JW is a bit over flavored and if you decided to bump the PG content you will not loose much, if any, flavor. (do a small test batch)

Cheers
    I

Ah yes.....good catch on the 70/30. I missed that in the OP.

Overflavored? Huh. We’re all different I guess. I have never thought of it being too flavorful. I do sometimes mix in a little Naked tobacco flavor just for something a little more tobacco-y.

BTW I got the “shipping label created” email this morning so it at least seems like they’re trying lol. We’ll see how long it takes them to drop it off at the PO.

Can’t wait to get this shipment. I have been vaping my #2 which is unfortunately a very poor substitute for 2 weeks. Ugh!

drysprocket

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 11, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Ah yes.....good catch on the 70/30. I missed that in the OP.

Overflavored? Huh. We’re all different I guess. I have never thought of it being too flavorful. I do sometimes mix in a little Naked tobacco flavor just for something a little more tobacco-y.

BTW I got the “shipping label created” email this morning so it at least seems like they’re trying lol. We’ll see how long it takes them to drop it off at the PO.

Can’t wait to get this shipment. I have been vaping my #2 which is unfortunately a very poor substitute for 2 weeks. Ugh!

You really nailed it, I had a quick love affair with the Junk and thought it was going to be my new ADV. Sadly, aside from being 70 vg it also did some weirdness to my throat. It's delicious sweetness was just too much for me and sorta gave me more acid reflex than usual. But good call, if it weren't for that I would be making my own 50/50 version of it by now.

And best of luck with Vape Society Supply, that's where I used to get a lot of my juices. They can be a pain. Usually worth the cheap price, but the occasional nightmare. You might want to check out ejuice direct as well. They may have it if I recall.

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    If you decide to DIY, I recommend going to e-Liquid Recipes and look up RY4. Click on the ratings tab and you'll find the most popular recipes (everything from Castle Long to Tribeca, even Deadly Sin). A lot the these recipes call for the same ingredients. Popular base "tobaccos" are RY4 Double, Soho and Purilum Sweet Tobacco; next in my cart is RY1.

Otherwise, I like Heather's, Alien Visions, BWB and Good Life. But even these are overflavored since making my own.

Here's a fun trip down memory lane.
    The Really Big RY4 Roundup (long)

Last edited:

drysprocket

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 11, 2014
    Los Angeles
    If you decide to DIY, I recommend going to e-Liquid Recipes and look up RY4. Click on the ratings tab and you'll find the most popular recipes (everything from Castle Long to Tribeca, even Deadly Sin). A lot the these recipes call for the same ingredients. Popular base "tobaccos" are RY4 Double, Soho and Purilum Sweet Tobacco; next in my cart is RY1.

Otherwise, I like Heather's, Alien Visions, BWB and Good Life. But even these are overflavored since making my own.

Here's a fun trip down memory lane.
    The Really Big RY4 Roundup (long)

Thanks so much for this. I used to like Castle Long, Tribeca and Deadly Sin, but sort of grew out of them. I had no idea they were all so close. Hmm, maybe I will need to do some dyi'ing. And what a thread dig up, well done, hah. Seriously- thank you.

Reactions: smacuser

TonyD64

ECF Veteran
    Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    I just ordered some of this from Bull City Flavors, I'll let you know how I like it.

Attachments

• ! 1 1 2020 RY4 DOUBLE-TFA.jpg
      ! 1 1 2020 RY4 DOUBLE-TFA.jpg
      27.6 KB · Views: 25

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I just ordered some of this from Bull City Flavors, I'll let you know how I like it.
    It's good stuff. Though, a lot of folks complain about harshness on the throat. After using it for so long, I kinda get it (but, it's been over 3 years now and I plan on getting more ;)).

Edgree

May 14, 2019

If i was you I'd really really try DIY like yourself I only really enjoy a tabacoo desert flavors. I only DIY now would never purchase another off the shelf ejuice again. Juice like VCT Tribeca are easy recipes to start out with and you can tweek them to your liking. Its a lot easyer than you think.

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    VapeWild has a good one (very caramel flavor) You will need to mix it with other more "tobacco" flavors (I also mix my own Purilum Sweet Tobacco to add for a "nutty" flavor) I'm hoping to find a DIY one to replace it (TFA tastes more like butterscotch to me... I want that darker caramel flavor):
    RY4Life

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread