Too many new/ignorant vapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheezal

Insane Halon
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Austin, Tx
If we would've never got warning labels on toaster to not use them in the tub or curling irons are for external use only we wouldn't have such a problem.

actually, warning labels like those we're born because those problems existed first.

there's a reason a bottle of preparation-h has a label that reads "Do not take orally" and it wasn't forethought.

Mr. P

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Ga.
actually, warning labels like those we're born because those problems existed first.

there's a reason a bottle of preparation-h has a label that reads "Do not take orally" and it wasn't forethought.

Actually, warning labels were introduced because companies were tired of being sued by people with no common sense.

example: the lady who sued McDonalds because she spilled a cup of coffee and burned her lap. Coffee is supposed to be served at 190 degrees and guess what? That is HOT! No common sense.

Warning labels place some of the liability on the consumer.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
If we would've never got warning labels on toaster to not use them in the tub or curling irons are for external use only we wouldn't have such a problem.

What??? We aren't supposed to use the toaster in the bathtub? I've been doing that for years and never had a problem! :shock:

I've been trying to get people to understand that just because nothing bad happened the first, second or even several times still does not mean it is safe. It is our job, IMO, to educate those that are willing to learn and warn the others when we see unsafe practices but also to keep our cool when they don't listen. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink.

antony73

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2014
China
I heartily agree.

It's these stupid, stupid people who are going to end up with fingers blown off along with half their face, giving some in the press exactly what they want, and definitely leading the FDA and local governments to only one conclusion. I just can't imagine what damage it would to the future of Vaping if by the irresponsible actions of some idiot an EV exploded and ended up hurting a child.

People MUST take this seriously. Playing around with EVs is good fun, it's a very, very good hobby, but normal adult care is an absolute must. Just look at all the regulations the UK government has talked about regarding cheap alcohol. High UK motor insurance for under 21s is another good example. It's the idiots that mess everything up for the serious person.

Southern Tina

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
FL
What??? We aren't supposed to use the toaster in the bathtub? I've been doing that for years and never had a problem! :shock:

I've been trying to get people to understand that just because nothing bad happened the first, second or even several times still does not mean it is safe. It is our job, IMO, to educate those that are willing to learn and warn the others when we see unsafe practices but also to keep our cool when they don't listen. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink.

My favorite is the sun shields on cars. "Don't drive automobile while sun shield is being used". Really? Cause I keep the sun shield up all the time and just guess where all the cars, people, and streets are. I use ESP. ;)

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
My favorite is the sun shields on cars. "Don't drive automobile while sun shield is being used". Really? Cause I keep the sun shield up all the time and just guess where all the cars, people, and streets are. I use ESP. ;)

Seeing where you are going takes all the challenge out of driving :)

Coelli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
example: the lady who sued McDonalds because she spilled a cup of coffee and burned her lap. Coffee is supposed to be served at 190 degrees and guess what? That is HOT! No common sense.

A little off topic but it's a pet peeve of mine when people bring that up as an example - that's not how it went down.

https://www.ttla.com/index.cfm?pg=McDonaldsCoffeeCaseFacts

She had 3rd degree burns requiring skin grafts to her genitalia.

On-topic, yes, I too cringe at the lack of safety information with starter kits, much less the people who jump into sub-ohming without really knowing what they're doing.

Last edited:

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
As to answer better 3.7 volts with a 35 amp battery you may go as low as 0.10571428571428572

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
but the 35 amp is not the safe rated draw on the battery it the max current the battery can deliver
safely without damaging itself over said period of time.a very short period of time.enough to charge
up the capacitors or bring a electric drill up to speed on turn on.at 35 amps a 2500 mah battery would only last 4 1/2 minutes.
that cant be good for the battery.what am i missing here?
regards
mike
adenium.after doing some research the 35 amp rating is the safe max pulse rating.
it is not the safe continuous current rating of the battery which is roughly 2/3
of the pulse rating depending on the battery.the pulse rating should have the pulse duration listed with it
or the figure is useless.the ones i found on ali-baba listed them at 2500mah,35 amp,
30 amp draw which is misleading and dangerous.

Last edited:

Randybu80

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
Sonora, California, United States
Yes, safe max current the battery can deliver. With so many battery clones it is hard to really know what we have sometimes. As I understand (please correct if im wrong) the ohms law calculation for resitance to amprage of your battery, gives you the maximum safest draw you can pull. I fully believe it will damage your battery in a way of shortwning its life, but it limits the risk of damaging it in a way that it will vent, or melt down ect. My truck doesnt red line on the tach intil 5500 rpms. That being the case im not going to mash around with it pinned at 5500. Too many new ppl and kids wanting to be cool are pushing the limits for no other reason that its to to sub ohm or its cool to blow a big cloud. Dont get me wrong I love a vape between .8 and .5 its hot its thick, its flavorful. The difference is safty and the preservation of vaping is my first concern. Not the huge cloud or the fact that I can sub ohm. We have some really solid educated role models out there. I just wish more people were takibg advantage of the opportunity, and the wealth of free information available to us. But I guess for some its more important to jump in and be cool, not giving a crap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Merryhellion

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2013
Burlington, WI, USA
Natural selection can be rugged to observe. Don't let it get personal for you, unless you need that kind of excitement.

Offer help, or choose not to; everyone who chooses to vape is going on their own journey. If observing natural selection pushes your buttons, find something more worthy of your time. People are going to be idiots a LOT; the gene pool isn't set up for smarter, it is set up for the best at breeding more.

Bad press...well, heck, people make stuff up out of thin air on a slow news day, they misquote even the best of info to suit their needs. It is gonna happen.

Hang in there, and back off from the fools enough to get some air, ok?

Last edited:

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
Yes, safe max current the battery can deliver. With so many battery clones it is hard to really know what we have sometimes. As I understand (please correct if im wrong) the ohms law calculation for resitance to amprage of your battery, gives you the maximum safest draw you can pull. I fully believe it will damage your battery in a way of shortwning its life, but it limits the risk of damaging it in a way that it will vent, or melt down ect. My truck doesnt red line on the tach intil 5500 rpms. That being the case im not going to mash around with it pinned at 5500. Too many new ppl and kids wanting to be cool are pushing the limits for no other reason that its to to sub ohm or its cool to blow a big cloud. Dont get me wrong I love a vape between .8 and .5 its hot its thick, its flavorful. The difference is safty and the preservation of vaping is my first concern. Not the huge cloud or the fact that I can sub ohm. We have some really solid educated role models out there. I just wish more people were takibg advantage of the opportunity, and the wealth of free information available to us. But I guess for some its more important to jump in and be cool, not giving a crap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
the rpm scenario is a good one.i'll bet the manufacturer wont guarantee any average motor ran that high but would rate
its life span in minutes. ran at 1800rpm though the motor could run continuously for years,theoretically.
the maximum rating is not the recommended safe rating,it is the very,very short burst rating.
regards
mike

_MaNiAC_

Verified Member
Mar 20, 2014
Ohio
When we are in these groups, whether in person or online, do we all take the opportunity to talk about the FDA's proposed Deeming Regulations and the importance of joining and supporting CASAA?

actually yes, after my frustration I did go and post links to CASAA's CTA on my personal page and every group I belong to!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread