Too young to vape??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdaddybrink1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2012
North Texas ya'll
Ok, look i know most of us on here started vaping to aid quiting smoking analogs. I do not agree with underage sales.....mostly...my daughter is almost 17, in 3 months she will be. She has seen her mom and I vapin for 2 years now, and sees the flavors. Some of her friends smoke analogs. She has been tempted, she is very open with us. She has asked if she can vape a 0mg juice. I honestly feel if it keeps her off analogs, its fine. Granted if my 12 year asked, i'd laugh at him. Cause that is too young....I know this will start a few ya'll bein upset I understand, but think back to when you started on analogs, you werent of age. Please give your honest opinion!! thanks ya'll!!

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
Kids getting hooked on vaping is more of a fear thing than a reality. This morning at church they needed help during Sunday school with the 1st and 2nd graders so I went in to help. I was vaping 36mg Cherry Bubblegum earlier and had my mod with me. I had to go to the bathroom and absentmindedly set my mod down and when I got back, I noticed I couldn't see in the room it was so foggy. Turns out 3 of the kids were puffing on it blowing what I can only describe as pretty epic sub-ohm clouds that made the mushroom cloud over St. Helena look like a baby fart. I know it was 3 because I was so stunned that 3 small people had such amazing lung power it took me a moment to act. Anyways, I took it away and said "Bad kids! Don't touch other people things!" Twenty minutes later those kids were vomiting like geysers. Thank goodness it was a nice day outside. The windows were open so I took turns holding them out of the window by their ankles (it was only the second floor and there were bushes down below so the risk was minimal) while those kids blew chunks of chocolate chip cookies and punch until the start of the next service when their parents collected them. I don't think we need to worry about those kids taking up the vaping habit. You are welcome parents!

bigdaddybrink1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2012
North Texas ya'll
Kids getting hooked on vaping is more of a fear thing than a reality. This morning at church they needed help during Sunday school with the 1st and 2nd graders so I went in to help. I was vaping 36mg Cherry Bubblegum earlier and had my mod with me. I had to go to the bathroom and absentmindedly set my mod down and when I got back, I noticed I couldn't see in the room it was so foggy. Turns out 3 of the kids were puffing on it blowing what I can only describe as pretty epic sub-ohm clouds that made the mushroom cloud over St. Helena look like a baby fart. I know it was 3 because I was so stunned that 3 small people had such amazing lung power it took me a moment to act. Anyways, I took it away and said "Bad kids! Don't touch other people things!" Twenty minutes later those kids were vomiting like geysers. Thank goodness it was a nice day outside. The windows were open so I took turns holding them out of the window by their ankles (it was only the second floor and there were bushes down below so the risk was minimal) while those kids blew chunks of chocolate chip cookies and punch until the start of the next service when their parents collected them. I don't think we need to worry about those kids taking up the vaping habit. You are welcome parents!

That is AWESOMELY EPIC!!!!!!!!

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Now that I have finished chuckling from reading HauntedMyst's story. . . I will say that I would support any young person (not child) if they were interested in vaping. I would not give the same support if they were asking for cigarettes. I am still trying to get my son to vape but I can't get real upset because he only smokes 2 or 3 a day. I could never do that and he has done it for years. I haven't given up yet though and we all know a mother usually gets her way.
girl_haha.gif
Eventually.

Kudos to you. I think that is great parenting.
JC_clapgirl.gif

bigdaddybrink1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2012
North Texas ya'll
Now that I have finished chuckling from reading HauntedMyst's story. . . I will say that I would support any young person (not child) if they were interested in vaping. I would not give the same support if they were asking for cigarettes. I am still trying to get my son to vape but I can't get real upset because he only smokes 2 or 3 a day. I could never do that and he has done it for years. I haven't given up yet though and we all know a mother usually gets her way.
girl_haha.gif
Eventually.

Kudos to you. I think that is great parenting.
JC_clapgirl.gif

Thank you. doin the best we can.........2-3 analogs a day? lol, i was a 4 pack a day guy.....no clue how i had enough time.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Vaping is definitely preferable to smoking, any day, anytime, and really any teenager, no matter their age, if it keeps them from smoking. I started smoking at 13, and I think that we can all agree that that is a lot more of a child than "young adult." I know that many may disagree with my radical views on the matter, but smoking is even worse for young growing people than it is for adults; whatever it takes to keep them from smoking, that should be done. THR.

Andria

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Yes many states have laws that cigs and e-cig can't be sold to minors, but have no law preventing the use of them.

I might be wrong but I believe it's not illegal to let your child drink alcohol beverage in your home of cause that doesn't mean overdoing it.

So while the law say's you can't buy these products, it silent when it comes to using them. - not very good laws, with little to no wisdom.

Last edited:

twall

Moved On
    Sep 10, 2014
    Jamestown, NY,USA
    I dunno. Would you let a 17 year old drink N/A beer to keep them from drinking the real stuff? Or would that be seen as a "gateway"?

I think it depends on if vaping is a 'fad', or lastingly 'cool'. If it falls out of coolness, perhaps the young vaper will resort to smoking, which for some stupid reason has always been "cool" with kids. A rebellion thing.

It does get you used to introducing something into the lungs that shouldn't be there. I could see how it could be feared as a "gateway".

However, I wouldn't hate on you if you let them do it.

dragonflie

Verified Member
    Sep 22, 2014
    I might be wrong but I believe it's not illegal to let your child drink alcohol beverage in your home of cause that doesn't mean overdoing it.

So while the law say's you can't buy these products, it silent when it comes to using them. - not very good laws, with little to no wisdom.

That's actually considered corruption of a minor and quite illegal.

Sent from my Droid Maxx via Tapatalk

twall

Moved On
    Sep 10, 2014
    Jamestown, NY,USA
    Another thing:

We don't want our kids to smoke because we want them to stay as healthy as they can be for as long as they can be. I don't think there are enough studies yet on some of the flavors, or even studies on how healthy any of it is. We do and don't do things based on our acceptance of the risks.

Maybe it might be worth it to just say "Sorry, but no. Wait a year.".

bigdaddybrink1

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 6, 2012
    North Texas ya'll
    That's actually considered corruption of a minor and quite illegal.

Letting your child drink in your own home, or even in public in Texas is LEGAL. just so ya kno....but smoking and vaping i'm not sure....

Last edited:

bigdaddybrink1

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 6, 2012
    North Texas ya'll
    If it was my daughter (and someday it will be), I would absolutely let her vape 0mg once I felt she was mature enough. It's awesome that your daughter is comfortable talking with you about this stuff. That's some excellent parenting that I hope I achieve with my little one as she grows.

off topic but....
    Its actually pretty easy to have them open up to you. Just be frank and honest with them. Dont be judgemental when they come to you with the most off the wall stuff. That's what my wife and I have done, and it seems to work. And that's with EVERYTHING! yeah, a 17 year old FEMALE askin me stuff bout well, bein a girl.....is akward, but i answer as best as i can. I think she's testin me to see if i'll blow her off or not. But i do my best not to. hope that helps you.

and thnx

bigdaddybrink1

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 6, 2012
    North Texas ya'll
    I dunno. Would you let a 17 year old drink N/A beer to keep them from drinking the real stuff? Or would that be seen as a "gateway"?

I think it depends on if vaping is a 'fad', or lastingly 'cool'. If it falls out of coolness, perhaps the young vaper will resort to smoking, which for some stupid reason has always been "cool" with kids. A rebellion thing.

It does get you used to introducing something into the lungs that shouldn't be there. I could see how it could be feared as a "gateway".

However, I wouldn't hate on you if you let them do it.

She knows what beer tastes like, she doesnt like it.
    She's actually tired analogs....didn't like'em.
    as i said, we're an open family we talk about everything.

bigdaddybrink1

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 6, 2012
    North Texas ya'll
    Then I guess it depends on where you're from now doesn't it? Its not legal where I live.

Drinking, that is.

yea. most places it is......didnt mean to sound like a ...... if i did, my apologizes.
    only in texas. i'm not from here. and would move in a heartbeat if i could.....

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread