Took a few drags of the real thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

unit40

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
Massachusetts
Anyone else here take a drag off an analog just to see what it was like? I did and it was bad. I haven't touched one since January, but I recieved a cigar for my birthday and decided to light it up because I was curious. I also decided to light up a marlboro and take a couple of drags. Man that was aweful too. The cigar tasted like.....a cigar. never really liked them in the first place so it wasn't much of a surprise. It really wasn't horrible, just tasted and stunk like a cigar should. The Marlboro was a different story. Just plain YUCK !! Not only didn't it taste like anything except for azz, but it was just puke compared to the cigar. had no real flavor or anything, no tobacco flavor at all. In fact, i could't tell you what it tasted like. Then after scrubbing my hands, fingers and face, brushing my teeth and tongue with a brillo pad, I took a nice smooth vape of some Bella Valencia. Well at least I got rid of the curiosity that had been bugging me lately. But I have this wierd urge to try a roll-your-own tobacco cigarette. You know, buy a bag of some high quality tobacco, a pack of Bamboo or Zig-Zags and roll one up. Then compare it to an e-cig with my favorite flavors. Help me please.

RanVapor

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2010
Texas
I hear ya, that curiosity is a killer. I haven't lit up a Marlboro in 3 months, but the last one I did smoke was just horrible and turned my insides inside out. I still get a bit curious, especially when I get a whiff of smoke from nearby...

I have been tempted to clean out my old pipe and fire it up again, just to see. But I think that is more because I haven't found a vape that tastes like pipe tobacco, yet.

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
I haven't found a vape that tastes like pipe tobacco, yet.

Tasty Vapor's Tobacco is pretty good and has more of a pipe tobacco flavor than ordinary tobacco liquids. I like to touch it up with something like vanilla or cherry flavoring.

You can also order custom flavors from TV for the standard price.

Shortstuff116

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Bellingham, MA
unit40 I started vaping more than 6 months ago and quit smoking instantly with my first PV. There really weren't any times that I was that tempted to light up an analog "just to see what it tastes like" but from what I've read in these forums you probably will find the same results with a RYO cig as you did with the Marlboro you lit up, just plain "Yuck".

Don't even waste your time and money. What if you like it and decided to smoke cigs again? You really don't want to do that.

:thumb:

Scooter Bob

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2009
I still like a real cigarette on genuine occasions. There is just something about the atmosphere about it. I go right back off and onto e-cigs without the urge to run buy a pack, but I do enjoy analogs upon occasion. They do taste bad in the mouth and body the next morning, but at the time, the real cigarettes are wonderful and enjoyable by the seconds. Just being honest. SB

pmd

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Boston,MA
Anyone else here take a drag off an analog just to see what it was like? I did and it was bad.

You know, I see this question here all the time and let me just say, from my perspective only.
With all due respect to all who have quit smoking, I salute you. Really, it is something to be proud of.
Here's what gets me. This "Ewww, analogs are sooo gross now that I vape" thing.
I'm only speaking for myself here, so flame away if you like but REALLY?
A cigarette tastes THAT bad after you found a pv?
I personally find that pretty hard to believe.
All these " I've smoked 8 pks a day for 40 yrs and now can't take 1 cig without puking" stuff is amusing.
Love your pv all you want but if you were a hard core smoker and you think that this, at this point in the pv evolution, is better and more satisfying than what you got from smoking, then I guess you have really wanted to quit and this new habit has taken over the old one.
That is a good thing, don't get me wrong.
But as a lover of smoking for 35 yrs, This pv , for me and me only is good, just good. It has given me better health, lower cost etc.
But with it is a sometimes royal pain in the ... with attys and cart filllers and worrying about bans ans keeping enough juice, etc, etc, etc.
This is just my new habit, I don't try to turn anyone else on to this as it is a huge hassle even though it has worked for me.
On occassion, I absolutely love to smoke a cigarette and have no regrets.
It still tastes fantastic and I can't imagine this '"Ewww gross" thing everybody talks about.
And prepare to slay me here but there are times that I think this whole thing is just a huge placebo effect that I have happily fallen under and in reality at this point ( 9 mths), I probably don't even need to vape but I do out of habit for this hand to mouth and faux 'smoke' routine I love so much.
OK, that's my rant. I'm still happy to have found this place and a way to save money(somewhat) and not stink.
:pervy:

RanVapor

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2010
Texas
In all honesty, cigs have tasted bad to me for the last couple of years, before I started vaping. I was still hooked on the motions and the rush, though. But, there was time when they tasted good. Maybe it was the fact that 20 years of the same brand gets old after so long. Also, the new paper they started using that was designed to snuff the burn if left alone for too long, was the last straw. I hated that stuff.

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
4 months here vaping. Wife still a smoker. About 3 weeks ago, got the urge to try her Mrlboro light. It was not what I remembered, I could not get the taste off my tongue, and the smoke produced was not as plentiful as what my current PV produces... Yea I was drinking! So I lit up a cigar!!! Now that was more like it! I have smoked exactly 3 cigars since quitting.

Quexos

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
USA
This thread got me curious, so I pulled out my left over Drum Tobacco (a fairly dark and flavorful roll your own) and stuffed one of my empty MYO tubes with filter to give it a try after 3 weeks of vaping only.

There was not as much smoke as I remembered. The taste was...well not much. It wasn't gross or anything, but not as good as a vape. I did not gag, puke, get a rush, or anything like that. It was definitely not "yummy" like a good e-juice though.

I guess my sense of taste/smell is still fried after 3 weeks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread