Status
Not open for further replies.

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
Red, we love ya. You know that, don't you? But can we also help wind you down from the obvious anger you have for your ex? Whoa! I hear several people already saying, ".... out of her personal life!" If you didn't want to talk about it, you wouldn't bring it up here (more than once). We try to help each other with everything else that we all bring up here. How can we smooth your feathers with this? PM me if you don't want to talk in the open.

Hogs & Quiches,
Fuzzy
Lol....he's a good example of why I probably COULDN'T quit before...and also, it's my benchmark of how far I've come. If making it thru that dinner didn't make me light up, I doubt anything else could. And love ya and your wifey,too!

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Interesting that we have the same quit date......Must be something about that day.........
This is my story, My official story,

I first heard of e-cigs on the radio several years earlier, the guy said they were awful, with no "smoke".....
January 7th 2012 I went to YouTube and saw some amazing videos with all that vape, well needless to say I was sold. Went to the local shop & picked up an eGo-W kit. Loved it except for all the problems with the batteries (wouldn't charge, Green/red lights flashing, etc...). Not to mention reading here about batteries exploding.

Next month I got a box mod & loved it, but again the batteries (began leaking, wouldn't charge right, etc..). So within a month built a puck mod, now I have several "AAA" puck style mod boxes. I love them(see my photos).....as they are small enough to fit in my small hands....also easy for stealth vaping.....

Thanks you for the contest.

Bookworm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
USA
Started vaping in 2012 with a 510 kit. Quit the cigs within days. Loved it, used it for a couple months and then bought some egos. Quickly found carto tanks to be miles better than the clearos available at that time. Now I mostly use an MVP and an iStick, still use carto tanks and 510 attys.

anjelvape77

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2015
Alabama
This thread/contest went so quiet. And I was enjoying all the journeys being shared. Maybe I can finally get my dad on ecf. Maybe I can get him on here to throw on an entry on how he is starting his journey.

Or maybe I should add him to mine...as I said before everyone in my home has changed over to vape but now other family members are coming to me to make the switch and it is amazing to see. Bought dad his set Saturday and he hasn't looked back. He keeps randomly texting me saying he thinks he can actually do "this"! I think he's right and now we can journey together towards better health!

And I have to mention that my oldest son needed moms help late the other night as I was the only place to get kanthal for an emergency coil build. How awesome to keep a cigg out of his hand while spending time in that bond

My point here is our journey isn't just personal journey, more correctly MY journey isn't just mine. It embraces many people and many aspects. it's a journey and story in progress with new chapters opening in beautiful in expected places...

Of my threads and places this seemed to be most appropriate for an unexpected realization on my journey and adventure away from smoking and more reasons why being a vaper is so important to me :wub:

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
This thread/contest went so quiet. And I was enjoying all the journeys being shared. Maybe I can finally get my dad on ecf. Maybe I can get him on here to throw on an entry on how he is starting his journey.

Or maybe I should add him to mine...as I said before everyone in my home has changed over to vape but now other family members are coming to me to make the switch and it is amazing to see. Bought dad his set Saturday and he hasn't looked back. He keeps randomly texting me saying he thinks he can actually do "this"! I think he's right and now we can journey together towards better health!

And I have to mention that my oldest son needed moms help late the other night as I was the only place to get kanthal for an emergency coil build. How awesome to keep a cigg out of his hand while spending time in that bond

My point here is our journey isn't just personal journey, more correctly MY journey isn't just mine. It embraces many people and many aspects. it's a journey and story in progress with new chapters opening in beautiful in expected places...

Of my threads and places this seemed to be most appropriate for an unexpected realization on my journey and adventure away from smoking and more reasons why being a vaper is so important to me :wub:
LOVED THIS!!! You must feel great knowing that your smoking no longer has a negative effect on your family, and what a great POSITIVE example you're setting. Kudos!!!

Ladybear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2015
Pa

Beautifully written......I wish you and your whole family luck in your endeavor on your vape journey!!!

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Thats Cool Lilblue... Last smoke was at 9:00AM for us then we went to the post office to get the cigalike kits we ordered and that was it on making ashes for both of us.

Angel, converting family and friends has been one of the greatest things about vaping. For most it stuck for some it helped them reduce and for a very few it just wasnt for them. I always tell folks "If you want to quit smoking it will work, there has to be some motivation on their part though". That is part of what makes it tough when giving gear to folks for them to try, they just arent invested in it if someone just gives them a bunch of stuff. If they want it then there is still a good chance but if they are on the fence and they have nothing in it often they will continue to smoke. That part of the reason when I give potential converts a setup I ask them that if they dont use it to pass it along to someone else in the hopes they see it as a use it or lose it thing. At least that way they have some motivation.

Keep it comin folks, will leave this open for awhile yet since we just wrapped up the last one. If anyone has suggestions as a topic for the next one feel free to shoot me a note.

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
Thank-you @redrebel821 @Ladybellavia and @OCD I was checking threads, thought about how happy my dad has been realizing he really could quit and it hit me this journey is still ongoing for me so I had to share
It's inspiring to think of how one act can change the lives of others. you never know who you maybe reaching here...keep up the great job!

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
I had been trying to quit on and off for years, and one day in 2013 my boyfriend brought me home a disposable cigalike. I really liked it, but it did not last half a day. Around June 2013 I met a woman through a friend who was using an EGO T CE4 setup, and she also sold them. Of course I loved it! I still could not give up cigarettes completely. The biggest problem was I had to drive about 40 minutes to get more equipment and eliquid, and paying $30 for 30ml, $10 for a disposable ce4 tank, and $28 for a 650mah ego t battery if needed seemed like too much after a while. I started searching around and found online vendors. I quit smoking and have not touched another cigarette since October 20, 2013 at 8AM. The key to how I quit is hazelnut eliquid, and being to buy tanks and coils in different varieties that lasted longer. I still mainly just vape hazelnut :) I love it! I will always be thankful to my boyfriend who sent me into the direction of vaping, and the woman who truly got me down the path :)

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thats Cool Lilblue... Last smoke was at 9:00AM for us then we went to the post office to get the cigalike kits we ordered and that was it on making ashes for both of us.

My time was more later in the afternoon as I had to drive about 15 miles to the B & M, so maybe around 3 pm....all the way home and in the evening I played with it and watched videos......I had been suffering with chronic bronchitis for weeks prior to that day and within 2 weeks I was better than I had ever been my whole life...
BTW it only took 2 weeks to be able to blow huge vape rings........
..........................I will never go back to smoking again!.........

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
I smoked cigarettes for 25 years. I started when i was 12. by 13 years of age my parents were buying me cartons and i was allowed to smoke at the kitchen table. My mother feared i would set the house on fire as i smoked in my room and lined the cigarette butts on my window sill and let them burn out on their own. 3 years ago I had my youngest child and decided no smoking in the house... well as she became a toddler, i found myself on the front porch majority of the day chain smoking. I thought this isn't good parenting. I also developed a horrid cough. Every time i laid down i would cough so bad i couldn't lay flat.

So i decided to get some cigalikes, which led to some egos', which led to the innokin vv3 and mvp, (all of which broke on me) and soon 2 provari's. I was searching for something to work for me and nothing seemed too. Then baditude on ecf talked to me about ibtanks and i purchased two. Since then I have converted my mom and dad, my oldest son and his fiance, my moms best friend, my grandmothers best friend. All on ibtanks and cartos. My dad has copd, my mom has the same horrid cough i use to have. Our coughs are gone, we have feel healthier, smell nicer. I use to hate to visit my parents as they smoked inside and it would burn our eyes from all the smoke in the house.

I am thankful to have found my ibtanks.

anjelvape77

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2015
Alabama
Quite touching Ladiekali and of course close to home for us here. Hard to describe how humbling it has been to have heard over the years so many of these stories we had the good fortune to have gotten to play a small part in.
I only recently found IBTanked but I have a feeling they will be playing a part in my continued efforts to help loved ones and strangers alike as I am already directing people I know that direction lol

UPDATE: I talked to dad yesterday and asked how many ciggs since I left town Sunday night-he just laughed and said NONE!! I am so proud of him I just had to share!!

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
I only recently found IBTanked but I have a feeling they will be playing a part in my continued efforts to help loved ones and strangers alike as I am already directing people I know that direction lol

UPDATE: I talked to dad yesterday and asked how many ciggs since I left town Sunday night-he just laughed and said NONE!! I am so proud of him I just had to share!!
WTG.... My latest convert has made it 3 days so far...her BF just had a heart attack and they both got serious about quitting, so it's a two-fer....lol

anjelvape77

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2015
Alabama
that's awesome! congrats to you and your dad!
WTG.... My latest convert has made it 3 days so far...her BF just had a heart attack and they both got serious about quitting, so it's a two-fer....lol
Thank you both. He has made it all week without a cigg, and I just found out today the ego style kit we got for my father in law has cut his tobacco use by about 50% (was only about 25%) apparently he has been in spired by my dads success and is giving vape more of a try. We are on a role! And I just reread your earlier post @Ladiekali I was on the bus and just skimming (SORRY) Im so glad to hear that visits are better now with the family. between you @redrebel821 and I this part of the thread is like the we help smokers section lol I love it!!

Thank you @OCD for the contest and more importantly the chance to connect!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread