Status
Not open for further replies.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Thanks for confirming six. Seems like an opportunity for some enterprising supplier.

I'm really quite surprised there aren't any others. Had the EclipseEQ worked out, I bet there would be a half dozen or more top feeders in production by now. - About a year and a half ago, madvapes had a top feeder (limited number - I think they sold somewhere between 20-50 of them) and I saw a top-feed mod for the REO Grand about 8-10 months ago, but no one seemed to find it very interesting....

I'd like to see some other top feeders too.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
I'm really quite surprised there aren't any others. Had the EclipseEQ worked out, I bet there would be a half dozen or more top feeders in production by now. - About a year and a half ago, madvapes had a top feeder (limited number -

I'd like to see some other top feeders too.
I guess most were put off by the quirky performance and poor build quality of the Mr Puffer.

Mr_Puff_big.JPG

The small brittle battery box and the lack of 'meat' to properly fasten the atty connector and the cheap switch made for an unreliable PV. Note this was also before drip tips were available.

But it makes sense, if you like dripping, that actually dripping/feeding your liquid from the top onto the coil is the way to go. The bottom fed approach of filling the atty's base with liquid then sucking it up to the coil (and past the cup that is in the way) is definitely a much less efficient way to go.

Could you dripper fans imagine dripping by unscrewing the atty and dripping into the theaded end? :)

And with the new bridgeless hybrid atties (using the sealed ones), top fed sounds like the ultimate way to go.

I think I'll build one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread