The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Topside squonker from Dovpo

Discussion in 'Liquid Feed APV Discussion' started by hazozita, Aug 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. hazozita

hazozita Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2013
    Virginia
    Dovpo is coming out with a single battery 90W squonker (18650/20700/21700). Ships with just VV/VW, but can add TC with a firmware update. The bottle system is really interesting -- top fill much like a tank, with a 10ml capacity. Designed in conjunction with The Vapor Chronicles. Ships in a couple of weeks. Estimated price is about $65.

Pics below are from the TVC FB page. Looks very nice, but I don't know what type of system it uses to get the juice from the bottle to the 510 since the bottle is not sitting below the 510. Hopefully it's a stout, leak-free rigid tube and not some bendy cheap plastic. The overall shape looks like it would be very comfortable -- reminds me of the Squid DB. Looking forward to the reviews/teardowns.

top1.JPG top2.JPG

• Like Like x 6
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. flavourchaser

flavourchaser Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 25, 2018
    looks heavy, I wonder how the TC feature will be like. Dovpo is not known for TC.

• Like Like x 3
  3. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    The devil is in the details but this at least at first glance seems to be the best design single battery squonker out at the moment. If it had a dna75c in it it was hold be the best single battery squonker period.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Zaryk

Zaryk Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    If it works right, this may be just what I have been looking for. I really would like to have a nice, compact VV squonker. And I have always had a double barrel-esque squonker on a "hope they do this" list in the back of my mind.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. b.m.

b.m. Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    Looks like it could be a very nice mod,and i am definitely interested in finding out more about it,so definitely looking forward to seeing some reviews on this one.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Mysteron

Mysteron Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 23, 2018
    Land of Smiles
    Held off buying a Rage / Niagara because of this. The "this changes everything" line had me interested. In the end though it only changes one thing, the refilling and not having to remove the atty. Refilling, which every squonk will require in one way or another doesn't bother me enough to buy a new mod JUST to get a different refill method. It's not like I'm refilling every 5 minutes so just screwing on a refill bottle isn't something that I've been waiting to change.

Had it been a DNA and dual cell I'd have been interested. If I bought this it'd be just for the sake of it as nothing else about it screams 'must have'. YMMV :)

I'll continue to wait for the Drone 250 I think, failing that I'd likely pick up a Rage over this. Of course, the style, 10ml bottle and refill method might be very appealing to some. With all the build up to it I just thought it all a bit meh to be honest.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. b.m.

b.m. Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    Just found a picture of the front side of this,very nice looking mod.I am very interested in seeing what people think once it's out,this one is very close to the top of my want list now.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Asbestos4004

Asbestos4004 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    I like Brian (TVC) and I think he puts a lot of thought into his designs, but..... Maybe I'm a dinosaur. I've been using squonkers for about 5 years. I definitely prefer a straight shot from the bottle to the 510. I like to be able to see everything happening between the bottle and the 510. I'm skeptical that this system is easily serviced or repaired by the user. Then again, as a mech guy, I like to be able to break my mods all the way down to clean and replace everything that needs cleaned and replaced. Maybe thats not the same for VW folks.... I hope it works well and he makes a boatload of money. He seems to care.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
  9. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Dna dual cell would be nice. Replay works and works well.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    is that a usbC connection I see there? Definitely a bonus

• Like Like x 2
  11. Zaryk

Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    It looks like it will require disassembly to clean up the bottle, which is something I do quite often. I normally rinse and dry my bottle almost every refill and boil out any residual flavor once a week. Probably wouldn't be doing it as often with this set up though.

I am starting to think this may be an issue as it uses screws to hold the bottle in. That would make bottle cleaning and changes require tools which will turn it into a task involving small pieces that need to be kept track of. Not sure if I would be OK with that since I would be pulling it apart once every day or two, and every time I swap flavors.

Might still get it and just run one flavor in it all the time. I will wait to see exactly how it works when it comes out.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Zipslack

Zipslack Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 26, 2013
    Wesson, MS, USA
    510 displaced over the battery compartment....that's going to be a TALL mod for a squonker.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. puffon

puffon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Saw them showing it on a live feed from a Virginia vape show.
    The whole bottle assembly removes from the bottom, in a "sled" similar to the Bassium.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Zaryk

Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    I see that in the second pic on the first post. But to remove the top, to clean the silicone bottle, it looks like you have to remove the two screws (also seen in the same pic) to separate the sled and top from the silicone. Im sure you can rinse the bottle fully assembled, but drying it would be difficult with the top on. And boiling residual flavors out of the bottle will definitely require disassembly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Zaryk

Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    From the info in your link, it says it has VW, TC, and bypass. If it doesn't have VV, I would have zero interest in it. I guess I will have to wait for a review to see.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I've found that Many Times the 1st websites to list a new Mod can have Sketchy descriptions.

Guess it is a product of the Instantaneous World we live in. Where Retailers/FB Pages/Internet Forums provide Information before the OEM even has a page about a new product on Their website.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Zaryk

Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    I plan to wait for reviews to find out what is there. I have been unsuccessfully searching all over the place for a slim VV squonker. All of them I do find that claim VV, turns out to have bypass and not VV (WISMEC MF is a prime example). I feel that manufacturers/retailers seem to like calling bypass a variable voltage feature for some reason.

• Like Like x 2
  19. t8kiteasy

t8kiteasy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2012
    virginia beach
    I saw the same Virginia vape video yesterday about this mod. While it does look interesting it leads me back to my one fail with all f these devices,proprietary parts? That is an instant turn off for me. Unless they plan on having the carrier tray and bottles sold separately if we choose to buy,that would change my mind about this one.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Zaryk

Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    Even when they sell the propriety parts, they will be discontinued eventually (usually within a year in the vape industry). And in time, the mod may survive but be rendered practically useless because the bottle breaks, the carrier warps or cracks, or the holes in the plastic carrier strip out from removing and installing the screws too many times. Unless you stock up on parts when they are avaliable, the propriety thing can very likely be a death sentence for the mod over time.

I just zoomed in and noticed the carrier has metal inserts for the screws (nice thinking on their part), that negates one of my points, but my main point is still valid.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.