Status
Not open for further replies.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Even when they sell the propriety parts, they will be discontinued eventually (usually within a year in the vape industry). And in time, the mod may survive but be rendered practically useless because the bottle breaks, the carrier warps or cracks, or the holes in the plastic carrier strip out from removing and installing the screws too many times. Unless you stock up on parts when they are avaliable, the propriety thing can very likely be a death sentence for the mod over time.

I just zoomed in and noticed the carrier has metal inserts for the screws (nice thinking on their part), that negates one of my points, but my main point is still valid.

True, I would have purchased at least 2-3 of each just .n case. That should last a while. I still hate proprietary parts though. I understand them trying to make a device better but try and get away from proprietary and use parts that can be easily accessable.

flavourchaser

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2018
From the info in your link, it says it has VW, TC, and bypass. If it doesn't have VV, I would have zero interest in it. I guess I will have to wait for a review to see.
There's a high chance this would have VV. I think the Dovpo Basium has VV. Unless they call bypass as VV??

But the temp control being good would be questionable. None the less it's about time Dovpo started supporting Temp Control on their products.

I'm not really keen on the bottle system though, reminds me a bit of the vtinbox v1/v2 bottle system, that's why I got the V3 instead non proprietary.

Last edited:

flavourchaser

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2018
It does look a Tad Tall.

Topside-by-Dovpo-black-front-510x775.jpg

Topside Squonk Mod by Dovpo |

But something to consider when it comes out.
yeah it's a bit tall for sure

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
There's a high chance this would have VV. I think the Dovpo Basium has VV. Unless they call bypass as VV??

But the temp control being good would be questionable. None the less it's about time Dovpo started supporting Temp Control on their products.

I'm not really keen on the bottle system though, reminds me a bit of the vtinbox v1/v2 bottle system, that's why I got the V3 instead non proprietary.
Your right, the basium does have VV, and the screen layout looks the same, so it is likely a throttled back version of that chip. It does seem likely to have a voltage mode. Thanks for pointing that out.

scooterstew71

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2016

Dovp had pretty good tc in their 168 trigger mod.. With adjustable curves to it as well.. Worked pretty good...

Reactions: stols001

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Dovp had pretty good tc in their 168 trigger mod.. With adjustable curves to it as well.. Worked pretty good...

Good to know. I have a few Dovpo mods, but none of them have TC so no experience with how Dovpo does it. There's also the Dovpo Punisher 90w that has TC, but I haven't seen any reviews of it that speak to TC functionality/performance.

Mysteron

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2018
Land of Smiles
Dna dual cell would be nice. Replay works and works well.

Yup. After what I've seen this will be a pass for me. Don't really need another single cell squonk mod that just refills differently. Back to the waiting for the new Drone 250 C which I think will fit the bill nicely, provided they change out the god-awful bottle the original had.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
In the video vapnfagan posted from the expo he had Brian on camera talking about it.
Comes with 2 bottles/sleds and cap for pocket carrying a spare.
Says ships as wattage and bypass, but can download f/w to add tc if you want.

Mark thinks Brian said its ss internals not tubes for longevity, but will have to wait for Tvc's video to confirm.

Brian said on fb he may not get to the video till next weekend.

In the meantime, you have color options.
20180825_114956.jpg

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
from FB
Q - How does it squonk? I still haven't been able to tell how the liquid gets from the bottle up through rda

A1 - If you look closely at the metal top piece it looks as though there is a hole about the size of a normal squonk tube. My guess is that that top metal piece of the bottle sits inside in such a way that a right-angled tube comes from the mod and is inserted into that slotted hole in the cap

A2 - The tube in the bottle is plastic. From the top piece to the 510 it’s all SS fittings with gaskets etc... Brian even did his own pressure testing in water to check for possible leaking or weak points.

40116320_10205248242441073_3171245173799649280_n.jpg

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Well, the Dovpo website now have posted the specs of this mod.

1535363817.jpg

Topside Single 21700 Top Fill Squonker

No mention of VV so it is not the mod I have been looking for. I think I have a good idea on how it squonks, but still interested in seeing its inner workings close up, and will look forward to hearing from those of you who get one.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Nice looking squonker. Good to see they are utilizing a USB Type C connection – even if it’s only for the odd firmware update. I fail to understand why mod manufactures still insist on using the outdated micro USB when the rest of the planet is moving toward (or have already adapted) the much more versatile Type C connection. Rumours have it that even Apple, who’s famous for their proprietary connections are considering Type C. Although I have my doubts on that one for they won’t be able to charge their usual “Apple tax" for Lightning Port accessories.

Last edited:

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Well, the Dovpo website now have posted the specs of this mod.

View attachment 763709
    Topside Single 21700 Top Fill Squonker

No mention of VV so it is not the mod I have been looking for. I think I have a good idea on how it squonks, but still interested in seeing its inner workings close up, and will look forward to hearing from those of you who get one.
    I thought I heard Brian say it also had VV.
    I suspect they are using the same chip as the Basium. Looks like it from the photo.
    Will also wait for reviews...

Zaryk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    I thought I heard Brian say it also had VV.
    I suspect they are using the same chip as the Basium. Looks like it from the photo.
    Will also wait for reviews...
    We will see, but Dovpo is usually pretty accurate at describing their products on their website.

joeybear

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 17, 2013
    Southeast Wisconsin
    I like the design of this squonk and am hoping the functionality of it follows the design. Since it is vw, I will prolly give it a shot, but I'll only buy it after their bottles are available aftermarket so I can stock up on those...just in case :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread