Virginia
Reactions: BillW50

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
If anyone is looking for a red or black Topside, MFS has it for $59.16 after coupon code 20OFFNEW. They also have extra bottles for $8.76 with the code.

They clearly note it only comes with one bottle though hazozita. I guess for 10 bucks you can add one.

The Topside comes standard as advertised by the MFG with two bottles for the $74.XX retail price some vendors are selling them for (but the second included bottle comes in it's own separate package). So if these folks are only including one bottle for their base price ($73.95) they are holding the normally included second bottle up for ransom by selling them separate from the mod.

Only the Shadow knows for sure.....

;)

However, if their shady footwork doesn't bother you... using your numbers for the mod ($59.16) and for the second bottle ($8.76) after the 20% coupon code it makes a 2 bottle Topside about $7 cheaper ($67.92) than from the other vendors that sell them for about $75 without a discount coupon (but they would be over $9 more than $75 without the code).

Last edited:

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
The Topside comes standard as advertised by the MFG with two bottles for the $74.XX retail price some vendors are selling them for (but the second included bottle comes in it's own separate package). So if these folks are only including one bottle for their base price ($73.95) they are holding the normally included second bottle up for ransom by selling them separate from the mod.

Only the Shadow knows for sure.....

;)

However, if their shady footwork doesn't bother you... using your numbers for the mod ($59.16) and for the second bottle ($8.76) after the 20% coupon code it makes a 2 bottle Topside about $7 cheaper ($67.92) than from the other vendors that sell them for about $75 without a discount coupon (but they would be over $9 more than $75 without the code).

I noticed the listing for the bottle alone has been removed. Could be MFS made the same mistake other vendors did in thinking that since the second bottle came packaged separate, it was a separate purchase. Given how long MFS has been around, I very much doubt there's any "shady footwork" going on. Just confusion due to the fact that Dovpo didn't make room in the first run boxes for bottle #2 and had to put it in a separate box.

I'd be interested to hear from those who bought one if it came with 2 bottles or 1.

• Agree

UpNorth

Sep 3, 2018
Tundra, Minnesota
Had mine for a few days and really like it. Have been using a Digiflavor Drop with a .13 build and its been great. Also had a Wotofo Profile and a Dead rabbit on it. It's very well made and feels like you could drop it from 5 feet and it would just laugh at you. Got mine in Gunmetal from Myvpro. Got 2 bottles with it but paid full price..... well sort of got 10%off for pre-order and $5 because they came in late. If you like squonking this thing is awesome!!!!! Now if only I didn't try out some new juice in it that really sucks ha ha

Cirus

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2014
Texas
Had mine for a few days and really like it. Have been using a Digiflavor Drop with a .13 build and its been great. Also had a Wotofo Profile and a Dead rabbit on it. It's very well made and feels like you could drop it from 5 feet and it would just laugh at you. Got mine in Gunmetal from Myvpro. Got 2 bottles with it but paid full price..... well sort of got 10%off for pre-order and $5 because they came in late. If you like squonking this thing is awesome!!!!! Now if only I didn't try out some new juice in it that really sucks ha ha
Hmmm....I purchased the same from the same place and even though I received notification Monday that it shipped it didn't really start moving until Wednesday. Did you put up a stink or something because I didn't get $5 for the delay? Mine is not expected until Friday.

• Useful

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I noticed the listing for the bottle alone has been removed. Could be MFS made the same mistake other vendors did in thinking that since the second bottle came packaged separate, it was a separate purchase. Given how long MFS has been around, I very much doubt there's any "shady footwork" going on. Just confusion due to the fact that Dovpo didn't make room in the first run boxes for bottle #2 and had to put it in a separate box.

I'd be interested to hear from those who bought one if it came with 2 bottles or 1.

I have not done any dealing with MFS... so mine was just an observation. I did give them credit for the savings if bought from them over most other vendors with their current coupon code.

My 2 Topsides are NOT from the first run. Those most likely went to beta testers/reviewers, and are easy to ID as it was said that their bottle feed tubes were cut square and not on an angle like those that followed the first run. It appears that the entire spare bottle sled was also an afterthought, hence the separate packaging. Guess that also means that the plug cap (a great idea) for it was also an afterthought since a plug cap was not included in with the mod. As for the 'footwork', I do have to question how a vendor comes up with a price to sell the separate bottle sled/plug cap for since there would not have been an additional charge to them when they bought the Topsides if they were in fact sold with them included. Their discount suggests they wanted about $10.40 for them without it.

I have not seen anything that suggests that Dovpo is redesigning the packaging/after use storage box/atty stand to make room for the extra sled in with the mod, etc. So guess that would depend on how many of the original packages/boxes they had made up ahead. As is they are well packaged, and will easily fit in the storage box after the mod is removed.

Bottom line still comes back that I really do like these, and in the end that is all that matters. :thumb:

Last edited:

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
A couple of my Digiflavor Mesh Pro RDA's are working out very well on the Topsides, and look really great on them.

TS8Toucans.jpg

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
I have not done any dealing with MFS... so mine was just an observation. I did give them credit for the savings if bought from them over most other vendors with their current coupon code.

My 2 Topsides are NOT from the first run. Those most likely went to beta testers/reviewers, and are easy to ID as it was said that their bottle feed tubes were cut square and not on an angle like those that followed the first run. It appears that the entire spare bottle sled was also an afterthought, hence the separate packaging. Guess that also means that the plug cap (a great idea) for it was also an afterthought since a plug cap was not included in with the mod. As for the 'footwork', I do have to question how a vendor comes up with a price to sell the separate bottle sled/plug cap for since there would not have been an additional charge to them when they bought the Topsides if they were in fact sold with them included. Their discount suggests they wanted about $10.40 for them without it.

I have not seen anything that suggests that Dovpo is redesigning the packaging/after use storage box/atty stand to make room for the extra sled in with the mod, etc. So guess that would depend on how many of the original packages/boxes they had made up ahead. As is they are well packaged, and will easily fit in the storage box after the mod is removed.

Bottom line still comes back that I really do like these, and in the end that is all that matters. :thumb:

Very glad to hear the Topside is working well for you. By chance have you loaded the TC firmware? I’m quite interested to hear how TC is working on this.

According to Brian of TVC, the mod was supposed to include an extra bottle and cap from the get-go, but Dovpo made a mistake when designing the box to allow room for that. Thus, the need to have the spare in a separate box. He also mentioned that the issue would be corrected down the road, but didn’t give a time frame.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Very glad to hear the Topside is working well for you. By chance have you loaded the TC firmware? I’m quite interested to hear how TC is working on this.

According to Brian of TVC, the mod was supposed to include an extra bottle and cap from the get-go, but Dovpo made a mistake when designing the box to allow room for that. Thus, the need to have the spare in a separate box. He also mentioned that the issue would be corrected down the road, but didn’t give a time frame.

Sorry, I can offer nothing on the TC firmware for the Topsides.

I have never had any interest at all in vaping with TC even though I do own a lot of TC mods (most of which are long retired).

UpNorth

Sep 3, 2018
Tundra, Minnesota
Hmmm....I purchased the same from the same place and even though I received notification Monday that it shipped it didn't really start moving until Wednesday. Did you put up a stink or something because I didn't get $5 for the delay? Mine is not expected until Friday.
I had ordered mine end of sept. They were supposed to be in the 5th but they arrived late so they emailed all of us with back orders to let us know and gave us a $5 store credit. I did not initiate the conversation, they did it on their own which = Huge Brownie Points ++++ as a seller!!!!

• Informative

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
According to dwcraig1, TC firmware works just fine. I don't have any Topsides, but tomorrow I have 2 coming in hopefully and I use TC 99% of the time.

I have never had any interest at all in vaping with TC even though I do own a lot of TC mods (most of which are long retired).
Very odd sounding to me. But according to Evolv, 80% of DNA vapers don't use TC either. For me, my first TC introduction was a Heatvape Invader Mini. It used a DNA40 clone board. Tried TC and I was hooked. I get the same vape as I can with VW. But unlike wattage, very little fiddling throughout the day. I set it once and very seldom do I need to adjust anything more. With wattage only, going outside and I needed to adjust the wattage again. Come back inside, adjust the wattage. Chain vape, adjust. Stop chaining, adjust. What a PIA. Nothing like that with TC. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread