Topside squonker from Dovpo

Status
Not open for further replies.

HappiVappi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2013
Altamonte Springs, FL, USA
I got two units (black and red) from myvaporstore.com last Friday.
They both came with an extra bottle.
They both have the magnet at the bottom installed incorrectly so that the bottle cap, which is supposed to be held when you refill, actually repels. QC failure.
They both cannot be upgraded. It is possible that the firmware update software is at fault here. The software never connects. I tried this on two different PC's with a cable that is 100% working - I use it to connect my dna devices.

Being an IT Pro for 30+ years - this two button press while plugging the USB cable in is just downright idiotic. Whoever came up with that stupidity should change occupation.

Other than that, they work really well. Squonking is still working good even if the bottle has left only 1 ml or so.

Cheers.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Nitpicking aside, I have one inbound to try out/see if I like them enough to add more to the stash. Like I really need anymore squonk mods with 40 something of them already in hand (most of which I don't use anymore). o_O

just got word from my vendor that since I ordered in "gun metal color", those will not be in til the end of the week....

Is yours in hand yet JK - thoughts?

I chose Gunmetal as well (that will run a matchy-matchy Gunmetal Digiflavor Mesh Pro RDA). Might see it by Saturday, but highly doubt it as this vendor has always been slow on previous orders to ship even Priority Mail packages.

Topside Gunmetal.gif

HappiVappi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2013
Now I am really impressed...
MVS (myvaporstore.com) responded to my email within 35 minutes - offering even an RMA. They also gave me a contact at DOVPO. That's where I discovered DOVPO is just about 10 miles away from my house... small world. I contacted them as well. Let's see how this pans out. I'll keep you posted.

Cheers.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I got two units (black and red) from myvaporstore.com last Friday.
They both came with an extra bottle.
They both have the magnet at the bottom installed incorrectly so that the bottle cap, which is supposed to be held when you refill, actually repels. QC failure.
They both cannot be upgraded. It is possible that the firmware update software is at fault here. The software never connects. I tried this on two different PC's with a cable that is 100% working - I use it to connect my DNA devices.

Being an IT Pro for 30+ years - this two button press while plugging the USB cable in is just downright idiotic. Whoever came up with that stupidity should change occupation.

Other than that, they work really well. Squonking is still working good even if the bottle has left only 1 ml or so.

Cheers.
I'll wait to see how things go with the firmware update before ordering one, if it doesn't do TC it's not for me.
Does it require that the battery be removed for the firmware update, that's how my Artic Dolphin Anita is?
Does the PC recognize that something got plugged in to the USB?

• Agree
Reactions: BillW50

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Haven't been around much the past few day, family health issues.

Just wanted to post real quick that MVS has the gunmetal in stock. Not sure if anyone posted this yet, didn't see that if so. Haven't even had a chance to try my black one yet, but it's a very sexy looking device in person. The pictures don't do it justice.

HappiVappi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2013
Update:
Dovpo was also very, very quick responding to my email. As soon as they have a black and red replacement unit for me they will notify me and I can pick them up at one of their retail partners, which is about two miles away from me.
So, clearly customer service at Dovpo and MVS is top notch - those are the things I will remember for sure.

Meanwhile...I designed a rig in Fusion360 to pop in the mod, which will keep the buttons pressed and not pinch the bottle (guess how I know :oops: ) in the process. Will print it as soon as my print queue allows.

Cheers.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... So, clearly customer service at Dovpo and MVS is top notch - those are the things I will remember for sure.

This is why when I'm buying a Mod, I Don't mind spending a Few Dollars more and going with MVS.

Because if there is some Glitch, they Don't Flinch. Or give you the Run-a-Round.

Jet Knight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Gotham
Nitpicking aside, I have one inbound to try out/see if I like them enough to add more to the stash. Like I really need anymore squonk mods with 40 something of them already in hand (most of which I don't use anymore). o_O

Is yours in hand yet JK - thoughts?

I chose Gunmetal as well (that will run a matchy-matchy Gunmetal Digiflavor Mesh Pro RDA). Might see it by Saturday, but highly doubt it as this vendor has always been slow on previous orders to ship even Priority Mail packages.

View attachment 772437

Nope, no word yet from my vendor that the item has shipped. I guess "Gun Metal" color is not in yet. I contacted Mojo Vape and they replied "maybe" by end of this week,...hmmm.

• Informative
Reactions: Spydro

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Nope, no word yet from my vendor that the item has shipped. I guess "Gun Metal" color is not in yet. I contacted Mojo Vape and they replied "maybe" by end of this week,...hmmm.

So Mojo Vape didn't have it listed as/or advise you that is was a 'pre order' when you paid for it? tsk, tsk.

I received an email order update early this morning that my Gunmetal Topside was shipped. Time will tell if that's true.

Jet Knight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Gotham
So Mojo Vape didn't have it listed as/or advise you that is was a 'pre order' when you paid for it? tsk, tsk.

I received an email order update early this morning that my Gunmetal Topside was shipped. Time will tell if that's true.

It was listed as a Pre-order". Apparently, not in yet or available to ship.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
MVS has all colors listed as in stock now as well. Sounds like the latest shipment is now at many of the larger vendors.

Went ahead and picked up the gunmetal from them.

Thanks for the heads up.... I just ordered a blue Topside to go with the gunmetal TS that is due here tomorrow. Will also put a Digi Mesh Pro RDA on the blue one... either a black one or maybe the blue one if their blue colors look descent together (a gunmetal DMP is ready to go on the gunmetal TS when it gets here).

Attachments

• DMPx4.jpg
    DMPx4.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 44

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
What the hell? Another crossover top fill squonker? And has been out for more than a year? Top selling even?

That is less of a squonk system and more of a pump system. It has no suck back. It has been out for a good while, but I wouldn't exactly call it top selling. From what I heard about it, it is lack luster at best. It is creative, but does not compete with something like the topside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread