Torn about which bottom feed mod to get

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jixchel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
Indiana
Thanks Jan! Atty's are what I use all the time now and only have the ego batteries, some of the atty's aren't very expensive, but a few out there are, part of why I went from the ego t to the ego c, cheaper atty. I've found I love the different drip tips too, have myself quite a collection going on. With the lucky scratch off I could get 2 reos, one mini and one grand, or hold out and try to get 1 vv and 1 grand.
One last question I swear.... can you use a the DCA on a bottom feeder? I'm guessing no since it is sealed.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Thanks Jan! Atty's are what I use all the time now and only have the ego batteries, some of the atty's aren't very expensive, but a few out there are, part of why I went from the ego t to the ego c, cheaper atty. I've found I love the different drip tips too, have myself quite a collection going on. With the lucky scratch off I could get 2 reos, one mini and one grand, or hold out and try to get 1 vv and 1 grand.
One last question I swear.... can you use a the DCA on a bottom feeder? I'm guessing no since it is sealed.

Ask as many questions as you like.....and you're correct, no sealed attys. But by DCA, do you mean dual coil? I use dual coil attys...mine aren't sealed. Maybe I'm confused.... I use mostly attys, too...and my all-time favorite is the HH-357 (which is $22.00!!!) from Avid Vapers. And I'm not afraid to use it with my REOs...and I take them everywhere. A lot of the guys like Cisco 510s....and a lot of them like 306s...but I find the 306 attys a little too tempermental for me. I use 510 LR attys mostly. My 357s (have several) have lasted for months and months....love them. I have 6 REOs, though, and only have the 357s on a couple that I use the most. If I were you....I'd get a REO Mini or a REO 18490, and wait for the VV Grand (week or so.) Everybody (all the REO owners) is psyched about the VV Grand coming out...we've been waiting a long time for Variable voltage and I think it'll really be cool. I suggest the Mini and/or the 18490 because they seem like they would be the perfect size and very pocket friendly for your needs. The Mini is really a compact little piece of magic. It's really not much bigger than a BIC lighter...a little wider. It's smaller than a business card, for a frame of reference. It holds 3ml (bottles available lots of places) and uses a 14500 battery (600 mAh); and the 18490 is the same size as the Mini, but as little thicker. The 18490 battery is 1100 mAh and lasts almost twice as long. I'm a girl with little hands, and the Mini is my favorite, but the 18490 might just be perfect for you, depending on how important battery life is. I don't mind changing a battery halfway through my day.

Ask any questions you have, and I'll try to answer them.

Jan

Jixchel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
Indiana
Leaning really far toward that Reo 18490, VV really isn't a big deal to me, I like the cisco LR 306, and the twist battery that I have is usually right around that 3.7 setting as far as I can tell LOL hard to see the markings. So I may hold off quite a while on a VV Reo, save a little of it, buy me a new puppy LOL baby.jpg puppy wins over second reo sorry LOL

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I know what you mean.....a puppy wins over almost everything! Ha. I agree with you on the VV Grand.....my sweet spot is 3.7 vaping (actually, around 4.1 because I love a fresh battery right off the charger) with 1.5 - 1.7 ohm attys. With my Grand I could stack batteries and get 6.0 volt vaping, but I don't like it that hot. So I'm with you. I only want a VV Grand because I'm getting into (maybe) a rebuildable atty (new frontier) and think VV will be a little more forgiving if I mess up the ohms. Ha. I think the 18490 is the perfect choice. I sure love mine. The thing is, my 18490 is wood (beautiful!!!) so mostly when I go somewhere, I take my metal Mini with me. It just seems more durable. I think you would absolutely LOVE an 18490. Once you decide to do that....then the BIG decision is the color. Ha. I have a purple Mini.....love it. Very girly. Ha.

What an adorable puppy.....is that a real picture of the one you would get (versus a generic puppy pic, I mean)? How cute is he/she!!!??!!

Ratman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Tulsa OK
Very enjoyable and informative thread. It has helped answer many of my questions as a newbie already searching for the perfect vape. I see a woodvil or bogger box or RSM in my near future. Wondering if I should I pick up an old goat to try bottom feeding first though. I just havent come across anything else that would provide the flavor of dripping with the convenience, capacity and endurance of one of these bottom feeders. Is there really any other alternative that can give that direct drip experience without a filter or wick getting in the way? Genesis Mods are closest I have come across.

Jixchel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
Indiana
Very enjoyable and informative thread. It has helped answer many of my questions as a newbie already searching for the perfect vape. I see a woodvil or bogger box or RSM in my near future. Wondering if I should I pick up an old goat to try bottom feeding first though. I just havent come across anything else that would provide the flavor of dripping with the convenience, capacity and endurance of one of these bottom feeders. Is there really any other alternative that can give that direct drip experience without a filter or wick getting in the way? Genesis Mods are closest I have come across.

If you have a large enough apv to place it on there is always the surge tank, if what you have is a little ego battery, this might look rather silly and way to clumsy: 310Vapers.com | The Surge Tank v1.2 - Tanks - Accessories | e-Cigarette, eGo, 3VO, cartomizers, atomizers, batteries
I've never wanted something the size of a provari myself, but for those that do it is an option

yardkatz

Verified Member
May 28, 2012
Florida, USA
Not really intereseted in the wood mods, they are pretty and all but as often as I drop this ego I'd probably cry if I scratched up the wood mod as much as I have this ego.

How soon will the vv reo be out? And how much do the reo's weigh, both mini and grand? Our required uniform pants are pretty cheaply made and I've already had to sew up pockets. Anything too heavy is liable to rip the pocket seams. Lockers are on the other side of the building, not enough time during breaks to to all the way to the locker then back to the smoking area, then back to the locker to make it back to the kitchen before the break is over. I suppose I could find a case that would somehow hook it to the waist band of the pants LOL

I use a cell phone case and clip it on the waist band or belt.

Dj Xy

I'm winning like Charlie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
baltimore, maryland
I have 2 reo minis, an old goat, a vmod, and a hog mod.
I carry a Reo mini with me everywhere, dropped one many times, they always land body down so no broken atties, or driptips.
the vmod is ok
the old goat works just don't like the needle going into they Atty, and it leaks a little.
and the hog is a stay home mod,its too nice to let it get damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread