Status
Not open for further replies.

00gt1

VapeMeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
Ok so I have an ultrafire 18650 3000mah. I noticed the other day a TINY... and I mean TINY tear in the wrapper. Do you feel that it would be safe to still use? Is there a way to repair a tiny tear (maybe electrical tape)? I really don't want to get rid of it, it's a nice backup battery but safety always comes first!!

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I came across this tutorial of how to re-wrap batteries when I was looking at battery and charger reviews a while back. I think it's good, but I have not done it yet. Switched, please have a look if you could and let us know what you think. I'm interested too because I have a battery that I'm also thinking should be done before it gets worse.

BTW, that site has great battery and charger reviews. He gets right into it!

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I came across this tutorial of how to re-wrap batteries when I was looking at battery and charger reviews a while back. I think it's good, but I have not done it yet. Switched, please have a look if you could and let us know what you think. I'm interested too because I have a battery that I'm also thinking should be done before it gets worse.

A heat gun is an asset no denying that, but verniers? I never used them I come from the days of a ruler or scale in my field LOL. Nonetheless the info is correct.

Don't have a heat gun? Borrow your wife's = hair dryer :)

jocat54

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Lindale, Texas

Thanks. That is some useful information.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Thanks for the feedback Switched!

Your welcome good buddy.

Glad to see the OP heeding our advice. It frustrates me to no avail to see folks spend hundreds of dollars on mods, yet skimp on the basics, like proper battery maintenance. Think of it as doing an oil change on your car :) Look after your gear and it will look after you, just like your engine :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread