Totally Wicked´s Managing Director agrees to step down after inappropriate e-mails

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevbow

Unregistered Supplier
May 27, 2009
CT
teatimeliquid.com
Totally Wicked´s Managing Director agrees to step down after inappropriate e-mails

Jason Cropper, founder and CEO of Totally Wicked-E liquid has agreed to resign from the multimillion-pound global business that he created. The board of directors concluded on Wednesday26th June, by unanimous agreement that Mr Cropper should step down.

Totally Wicked is currently committing significant company resources and capacity to bring the necessary influence to on-going European and national legislative processes that are seeking to effectively ban recreational use of electronic cigarettes. The company believes that both the MHRA and the EU parliament have neither legitimacy to act, nor the interests of public health in mind in their collective attempt to medicinally regulate electronic cigarettes. Notwithstanding the company’s position, it has recently become aware to the company directors that Mr Cropper has on a number of occasions made direct contact with both Ms Linda McAvan MEP, lead Rapporteur of the EU ENVI committee and Mr Jeremy Mean of the MHRA. In these communications, Mr Cropper has called in to question the legitimacy and motivations of both these two individuals and the organisations that they represent. On reviewing these communications the board has decided that the content does not reflect the views of the company. Mr Cropper has been unwilling to retract these comments and has agreed amicably that in order to protect the business, its customers and staff during a time of impending regulations and legal process, that he should resign his position as CEO. The Board was left with no option but to agree his resignation.

Business Development Director, Fraser Cropper, will assume the role of CEO.

sebt

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2012
Budapest, Hungary
Mr Cropper has on a number of occasions made direct contact with both Ms Linda McAvan MEP, lead Rapporteur of the EU ENVI committee and Mr Jeremy Mean of the MHRA. In these communications, Mr Cropper has called in to question the legitimacy and motivations of both these two individuals and the organisations that they represent.

Can't say I can blame him if he went too far. I find it hard when communicating about these issues to just present the facts - the propaganda stitch-up against e-cigs makes me so angry.

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Can't say I can blame him if he went too far. I find it hard when communicating about these issues to just present the facts - the propaganda stitch-up against e-cigs makes me so angry.

He had the tendency to take things too far very often. I think his brother is more level-headed, or at least hope he is.

kevbow

Unregistered Supplier
May 27, 2009
CT
teatimeliquid.com
He had the tendency to take things too far very often. I think his brother is more level-headed, or at least hope he is.
I agree, Jason is a hot head and can't seem to keep his mouth shut so it's probably best for his brother to take over. I wonder if it was Jason's decision for TW to become of member of the TVECA. Thank god they got out of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread