Totally Wicked 901 Atomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

dedmonwakin

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Destin,FL.
Well, they use to carry warranties on all their atty's.

Ruyandirect.com has there atty's with 1 year guarantee's. Only downside, is it's cheaper to just order a new one rather than pay for shipping back to overseas. But if you have enough of them go out with in the year, it'll be worthwhile to send them back. Their attys are 6 bucks and they are REAL DSE901's with stamps and serial numbers.

They also have RN4075's, but they don't carry guarantee's. Here is a cut/paste of the reason.

Attention:

We just got a notification from RN factory today that they would not provide guarantee for RN atomizers any more, so from March 31st, 2009, we do not provide guarantee for RN atomizers in future orders either. We already lowered the price for the RN atomizer and RN starter kit.

Yours sincerely,

Heaven Gifts

March 31st, 2009

Although it states that your getting a great deal for the multi pack on TW, essentially paying 7 bucks each vs 13.00. Maybe this is why TW won't offer guarantee's on the multi pack? Because these are indeed RN4075's and NOT DSE901's and they would be losing far more money than replacing one that you purchased for 13.00 smackaroo's and eat the loss of replacing. Yet for five of these DSE-901 imposters, they can't extend the same warranty? Most suppliers, save them up and return them to their suppliers for replacement........why won't they? Because they can't, RN doesn't except them back!

Here is some research another forum member has done in the past about the difference's.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/3473-dse-901-truth.html

Last edited:

FL0OD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
Tulsa, OK
so if they are selling these as 901's atty's and they are not really the same product that is a little shady. "like products does not make them true products. customers should know up front what they are buying. i have heard of true and not true 901 products which makes me think that if they are not advertising them correctly that is false advertising. your thoughts?

FL0OD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
Tulsa, OK
wow even shadier. i posted a comment about this same issue in TW supplier room just to give people a heads up about what was going on and my little ordeal with them and mr pillbox38 deleted my post. i guess if you dont have some thing nice to say, dont say it at all(or your post will be deleted), is their moto. from what i know isnt mr pillbox38 the guy that owns the company? thats nice.

RazorNribbonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Trapped within my imagination
( I had forgotten about the BE112 901s..Thank you ...I've heard good things about them .. also heard they will not work on the new 901 manual batts that are coming out, just an FYI)

As for the RN4075's(which are the generic/ or second run of the DSE 901's) vrs the DSE 901's..I have tons of both..And as far as atty life..I just dont see much difference between them..However, I am more careful not to over vape my 4075 because I do know it runs a lil hotter..Which is why it gives a little better vapor and throat hit..I also like the wic/bridge sitting lower in the barrel... I am constantly having my filling stick to my wic with the higher bridged DSE 901s. That drives me nuts! lol... On the flip side...There are many that also prefer the DES 901s.... I'd get one of each and give em a run...umm.. tossing out the DOA's /wimpy ones of both kinds, of course... lol

Last edited:

SKULL69

Jun 22, 2009
New Jersey
well here is the final update. DO NOT buy replacement atomizers or battery 5 packs from TW. I should have known better with a "no warranty" statement on there website. I have had both of these items now for less than a week. I have two atomizers that just do not heat up and 2 batteries that are completely useless. Called TW today and they pretty much said, "oh well", "they do not have a warranty on them so you are stuck with them". Warranty or not I do not feel I should be stuck with defective products. If it was two or three weeks down the line, I could live with what they said. DO NOT waste your money on these products. The companies quality control is obviously very poor and you do not want to get stuck with $90 worth of useless products. Again, yea its my fault for buying stuff that says "no warranty" but they should at least cover defective out of the box merchandise. This cured me from buying anything from them again.
TW Sucks no reply over priced. 24mg on box 18mg on bottle

RazorNribbonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
I do agree their prices are high..But it was my first e-cig... the lil devil is straight up sharp looking ( specially to a newbie)...And I refuse to use unflavored nic juice for any mixing other than TW's...It's the only one that makes my mixes taste not only great tasting but is awesome vaping it all by itself ( hate mixing with reg unflavored..I don't know why but it taste nasty to me....

OH and once again, I prefer the generic RN4075 over a original DSE anyday of the week ( this is where you send me some unflavored on the house pillbox ha!)

Last edited:

FL0OD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I do agree their prices are high..But it was my first e-cig... the lil devil is straight up sharp looking ( specially to a newbie)...And I refuse to use unflavored nic juice for any mixing other than TW's...It's the only one that makes my mixes taste not only great tasting but is awesome vaping it all by itself ( hate mixing with reg unflavored..I don't know why but it taste nasty to me....

OH and once again, I prefer the generic RN4075 over a original DSE anyday of the week ( this is where you send me some unflavored on the house pillbox ha!)

is that because of the heat that you mentioned, the reason that you perfer it? the one atomizer that I do have that I got to work, has a horrible time heating the cartridge because it sits so low in the atomizer. some times i get little to know vape and the cart is moist. any suggestions?

RazorNribbonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
yes, It gives me a lil better throat hit and like moog said, definitely try using the RN cart..I also drip on the atty (lightly).. However, the #1 reason I like it most is because it does sit lower and my cart filler neeever falls out and sticks to the atty...A problem I constantly have with the DSE's ( no matter how far in or to the edge of the cart I position the filler)

FL0OD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
Tulsa, OK
FIRE IN THE HOLE!!! so i charged my 4th battery from my multipack of batteries from Wicked. so far i have 1 out of the 4 that i have full charged work. this last one i put on, i was driving took a couple of drags, set it down in my cup holder, where i usually put my vaporizer, and for some reason i smelled some thing burning. look down and it was coming from my unit. i went to pick it up and it was stuck to my cup holder. when i finally broke it loose the blue light on the bottom was stuck on and my atomizer was so hot i could not even touch it. seems as though the battery stuck on. another great adventure in stuff from Wicked.

Smogless

May 15, 2009
ny
Im sort of glad this was brought to atention in a greater scale because I had wanted to talk about this but was afraid Id just be ridiculed originally =D. Well some update on my experiences on the TW set. The attys are still kicking just fine and the batteries havent gotten much better but all of em does still work. I have since just given 2 sets worth and 2 usb chargers to some buddies, so If you have friends you care for and want them to try ecigs i think its good for that purpose. I notice the 901 set and the TW set are not cross chargeable, as in I have usb charger from TW and the 901 bats dont charge from em and just give a blinking blue to red light and vise versa for the 901 charger. The attys I think are just fine but the different bridge shape does get annoying as I have alot of empty carts for the 901 that are just not long enough. The batteries seems to work with the 901 even though it doesnt fit 100% and wabbles just a tad unless u screw it tight as you can. I notice that the batteries last a bit longer more in line with my original set(though my 901 set is few months old). So Im guessing the short battery life is due to the TW attys being hotter thus using more power? I also notice that the filler in the carts look like they shrunk and bonded a lil maybe due to the extra heat which I feel worried about. The 901s really are overall better units IMO and I find myself pretty amazed that I use my original with the original atty as my main 901 and the TW set as the backups-.-. One thing Im concerned is TW sells 901 starter kits as well. Now are these 901s or are these the same from their multi packs? I mean if they can give warrenty on the starter and is the same model then why not for the multipacks? Maybe the multipacks are those the come off the manufacture process as being not 100% and sold in bulk? Regardless I think the 901s and the RNs are different enough to not be considered the same product. Anyone carrying the RNs i think should be required to state RNs.

Minna

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2009
Fairfx, VA
Maybe the multipacks are those the come off the manufacture process as being not 100% and sold in bulk?

No, they are not seconds. They are the exact same ones that are also sold as singles. They do not offer a warranty since they are sold at a discounted price. The only difference between the multipacks and the singles is the discounted price for the multipacks. If you want the warranty instead of the discount, you should buy the singles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread