Transitions: analogs to vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

whynes

Verified Member
Aug 1, 2012
California, USA
In the past couple of days, I've started vaping and I'm down to about 3 analogs a day compared to 15/day.

Just curious about everyone's transition (knowing some never fully quit analogs). How long did it take you to do full time vaping without analogs?

Welcome to a brand new world DJJames!

It took me 3 days and 3 packs of smokes for this 3-4 pack a day smoker (for 39 years)
to realize that smoking is actually now a "choice." That's not something I ever thought
I'd hear myself say (or see myself type, to be more precise).

All it really took for my transition was to make it slightly inconvenient to smoke.
That meant two things:

1) Have plenty of vaping supplies at hand.
2) Don't have any tobacco at home.

It's not that I don't get the occaisional urge any more. It's just that the
inconvenience of putting on my shoes and driving to the store is now more
primary than actually getting a pack of smokes.

It's just too dang convenient to vape what I already have at hand then it
is to go out and get smokes.

Today is my 8th day off the stinkies.

Welcome, and good luck!

whynes

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
I can't really say because over the weekend (with beer involved) I did bum one. I have almost a carton here at home, but haven't lit one up for days now. So, for the most part, I don't smoke cigarettes anymore. But I won't beat myself up if I lapse either because at this rate I am going from a pack a day to pretty much none a day. I am happy with that.

DickRRR

Aug 1, 2012
Chicago Burbs
I smoked for 23 years. Treid to quit every way under the sun. The most sucessfull attempt being a 7-11 stick style ecig, lasted a whole month. A friend at work has been vaping 2 years & helped me put together an ego & drip starter kit. I put down analogs completely the day after it came in the mail. This, because I know from so many past quit attempts that I can't smoke just one, never happens. This may be different for you, of course, but that's how I got it done.

Iusedtoanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hi Dj I began vaping almost two years ago. I had no idea that there was so much information available until I was at month six and at the end of my proverbial rope with vaping. I bought my kit, tossed my cigs and proceeded to vape. I was under the guise of one cartridge was equivalent to a pack of analogs..... I was also using 11mg refills that came with my three piece rn4081. It was rough. Keep in mind that I smoked for almost 22years and the last six or so I was up to two packs plus per day.

Once I found the ECF and realized that not only was i doing it all wrong, but there was considerably better gear,delivery devices and much better liquids available it was at this point that i really became comfortable with vaping. I upped my nicotine intake, and nailed down my technique for vaping. I then rewarded myself with a 4v eGo clone kit and it was all much easier from that point forward.

Good Luck. Happy Vaping.

hnyb0210

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
PA
It took me about a week (during which I only smoked 1 pack of cigarettes & I was normally a PAD smoker). I just found myself wanting/enjoying them less and less, and I remember that I smoked the last one in the pack just because I felt like I "had to" instead of throwing it away :laugh:

I can honestly say that I haven't craved an analog since - I got a bit frustrated when I went through a bad episode of "vape buds" and couldn't taste anything, but I still never really considered smoking (just kept switching juices every 5 minutes!)

cosmicdonkey

Aug 6, 2012
london uk
hi there:) i had actually already quit smoking for at least a month using nrt products but i could feel myself going of track and everyday i kind of knew that i would end up back on the cigarettes. That was when i typed into Google "a safer way of smoking" and found e cigs . I ordered one straight away and have never looked back. Been 8 months now and would never dream of going back to analogs :)

lotsoffish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Buffalo, New York
I smoked 35 years and I was a heavy smoker too. I bought a Blu starter kit April 22nd and believe it or not INSTANTLY quit using that. I was using about 3 of the Blu menthol cartridges a day but I didn't care. I was so amazed that I could "not smoke" I would have used 10 cartridges a day if I had to.

I now own a "switchback" a couple Kgo batteries and a 1000 mah twist plus the original 2 Blu kits I bought early on.

It is my opinion that IF a person is REALLY ready to quit they COULD leave cigarettes behind using a simple Blu kit. It worked for me and it took away the really bad cravings that end up foiling so many folks that try to quit cold turkey.

I moved on from Blu after discovering this forum simply because the bigger batteries and better Cartomizers greatly improve the vaping experience but I don't think a person needs to have great gear to quit smoking with E Cigs.

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
It is my opinion that IF a person is REALLY ready to quit they COULD leave cigarettes behind using a simple Blu kit. It worked for me and it took away the really bad cravings that end up foiling so many folks that try to quit cold turkey.

I moved on from Blu after discovering this forum simply because the bigger batteries and better Cartomizers greatly improve the vaping experience but I don't think a person needs to have great gear to quit smoking with E Cigs.

Me too! In fact, I just got my Joye 510 today and have an eGo Twist on order. I was able to pretty much quit with the Blu, but after finding this site really wanted a better vaping experience and knew the Blu wasn't it. I got the 510 because I can use the Blu cartomizers with it. I will be using my 510 as my "to go" one, and the Twist at home.

whynes

Verified Member
Aug 1, 2012
California, USA

I certainly wouldn't disagree with your point, lotsoffish, but I want to offer a slightly different
perspective.

I wasn't "ready to quit." I wasn't looking for that at all. In fact I long ago gave up on that idea
as rediculously unattainable, in my case.

I was really just looking for a way to add variety to my nicotine sources: smokes, chew, gum,
etc. Rationalization going something like, "spread the risk out more broadly, but with less
depth in any one area."

I was stunned when it actually occured to me that this new fangled device put the word, "choice,"
back into my own internal discussion about smoking. It was only a few short steps from that
realization to this simple line of reasoning:

"I now choose to not smoke."

Why? Because I can. I need no other reason.

The monkey-on-my-back king is dead. Long live the e-cig! :laugh:

Last edited:

Egoless

Aug 6, 2012
Indianapolis
I was a 1/2 to 1 PAD smoker for about 4 years. Despite the mildness of the addiction, I come from a long, long line of smokers and being around it constantly when with my family and friends made it extremely tough to drop altogether. That being said, I have not touched an analog since the day I got my ego C two weeks ago. I could not be happier. I still have analog cravings when under the influence of alcohol or when I see someone else lighting up, but it is getting easier to resist every day. I have found that I am starting to love vaping a heck of a lot more than I ever liked analogs!!! I don't see myself going back at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread