Transitions: analogs to vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to a brand new world DJJames!

It took me 3 days and 3 packs of smokes for this 3-4 pack a day smoker (for 39 years)
to realize that smoking is actually now a "choice." That's not something I ever thought
I'd hear myself say (or see myself type, to be more precise).

All it really took for my transition was to make it slightly inconvenient to smoke.
That meant two things:

1) Have plenty of vaping supplies at hand.
2) Don't have any tobacco at home.

It's not that I don't get the occaisional urge any more. It's just that the
inconvenience of putting on my shoes and driving to the store is now more
primary than actually getting a pack of smokes.

It's just too dang convenient to vape what I already have at hand then it
is to go out and get smokes.

Today is my 8th day off the stinkies.

Welcome, and good luck!

whynes

You hit the nail on the head, whynes!

That's how I was finally able to quit. And like another poster here, I had to finish all my smokes first! Course the last pack I tried to ration down to 1 in the morning. Took a hit from a smoker friend about 3 weeks later and discovered that they tasted really nasty. I also get an urge now and then - just vape harder.

whynes

Verified Member
Aug 1, 2012
California, USA
someone oughta write a book! or at least a big pamphlet!! yall putting a big smile on my face!

For us in the USA, that "somebody" should be the FDA (Food and Drug Administration).

Unfortunately, they think their bread is buttered by someone other than us mere citizens, because
they have tried their level best to squash this choice we currently enjoy here in the so-called
land-of-the-free. (I haven't finished reading the whole thread about the 2010 NJOY lawsuit
against the FDA, but it's pretty apparent that money and power, even if at the expense of my health and my freedom, is what motivates them).

The FDA is the only reason these devices cannot be marketed as a smoking cessation device. It is the only reason you, like the rest of us, had to just figure it out for yourself.

Last edited:

Egoless

Aug 6, 2012
Indianapolis
DickRRR, I have been looking. Fruity flavors are mediocre with the hard stuff but I have found RY4 goes with beer quite nicely. Even still, I dont think anything goes with it quite like an analog :( However, analogs used to make me feel really gross while drinking (go figure) whereas vaping makes it more enjoyable, so I guess thats just the price you have to pay.

young gotti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2012
PA
i bought my first mod, it came in on a monday which i don't get home until like 7, i had half an analog that night before bed because i was worried if i'd be able to sleep or not without it, and half an analog the next morning before work, nothing since then...i've only really had urges when i'm on the golf course, being in the middle of the outdoors with no sound of cars or traffic just feels like a perfect time to smoke....but i've drank a few times already and figured that would be difficult but it's really not for me

jasmica

Aug 2, 2012
South Coast
Got my Tornado Tank Kit 6 days ago - charged the battery with the plan being "D" day (i.e. cutting down using vaping) being the next day but curiosity got the better of me so tried it out once the battery was charged at 3pm (having smoked an entire pack of fags already) & NOT had an analogue since! Being a 20/30 a day girl I would suffer panic attacks if I thought I was going to run out of analogues so I still carry the pack I have in my bag with me and have taken one out a couple of times so far but not lit it rather put it back in the pack. Not confident enough to go anywhere without the pack just yet - it's my security blanket "just in case" but truly NOT needed it yet

klynnn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
prattville
I smoked 2 pad+ for 48 years. I saw an add for v2cigs bought the ultimate kit on a lark. Came with a passthrough to plug into the computer, I had no clue- had never even seen or heard of ecigs . First day I got it it set it up and OMG I said I can do this! I have not looked back. While v2 is not the greatest I learned real quick to start researching everything I could find. It just gets better the more you learn. I have probably given up one addiction for another now but I am healthier and happier.

MoGo

Verified Member
Aug 1, 2012
East Tennessee
I'm two weeks into my vaping lifestyle change so I am still transitioning as I speak. I was a pack and a half a day smoker for 30 years and during that time I've quit short term a few times. By short term I mean a few days at most. Whenever I would go back to smoking after those breaks that first cigarette was soooo good. I broke a three day break last Saturday and the first thing I noticed was that the cigarette tasted like burning ash. It was nowhere near as good as the RY4 or Belgian Waffle or Coffee and Cream or Kettle Corn in the little 10ml bottles on my desk. So I'm pretty sure I can finally say goodbye to the analogs for good. And aside from the health benefits of laying them aside I get to spend all that money I'm saving on shiny new mods.

Prometheus72

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have smoked since i was 12 years old (I turn 40 next month) and I quit for a few years while I was married...but since I first got my eGo-T and sample juice....I have not had a smoke in 3 days....which is a LONG time for me. I have no interest in smoking now...it's crazy but great!

Trilly

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2011
Derbyshire, UK
Hi DJ and welcome.
My experiance is not like everyones (and there is no right or wrong way btw) but for me it was instant, after my first vape I knew I would never have another stinkie stick and I didn't. Part of that boils down to being in the right frame of mind and spending the time researching first, I was looking for a way of quiting that wouldn't turn me into a monster (as in past attempts) and found something I liked better and doesn't harm those around me (namely my son), with all that in mind I chose a flavour I find calming and took the plunge, I never looked back and at the minute have no intention of quiting vaping.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Hi Potty. I smoked for over 30 years. I quit smoking for 4 days on patches and bought an e-cig because I was about ready to start smoking again. The e-cig was super tiny but it worked. I quite honestly didn't want a cigarette if I vaped instead. I bought better e-cigs, and now prefer vaping to smoking. I've preferred it for a while. Everyone has their own experience. What helped me was to have a charged e-cig ready for whenever I felt a craving. You've got some good gear with your twist vv so enjoy!

Hello everyone!
I just got my Ego-T VV today and I'm looking forward to quitting analog cigarettes!

Was it difficult for any of you to transition from analog to vaping?
I've been a smoker for 16 years (YIKES! I've forgotten how long it has been!) and I would really like to quit analogs.

Potty31

Aug 7, 2012
Singapore
Kiwivap, I think I know what you mean. Sometimes it's just smoking for the sake of smoking because of the addiction to analogs..the taste doesn't even matter.

I'm pretty sure, not having that awful smell on you and yet getting your kicks through vaping, is a winner.
Although I'm a smoker, I just can't stand the smell anymore.
My dad smokes a lot around the house and it constantly turns the place into an ashtray. It's a pity when the breeze is coming through the house and all you smell is smoke.

That's one of the reasons why I'm turning to vaping.
If I can kick the habit with vaping, I'm going to buy another kit and try to convert my dad!

Yves

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Matamata, New Zealand
I was thinking yesterday that when I was smoking I wasn't really tasting them anymore. I was smoking 45-50 a day. I mean obviously I tasted them, but I think I didn't really notice the taste if you know what I mean. What I like about vaping is that I do taste the vape. I enjoy it a lot more.

This made me smile, for weeks I tried to get the same taste as analogues in my juice but you just can't get burnt flavour. Funny how we all smoked the same brand and never changed for years, now we switch juices all the time, so many flavours to try :) Who would have thought that Strawberries and Cream would taste so good in a vape. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread