How long did it take before you quit smoking analogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

granolaboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2014
Skidegate, BC, Canada
granolaboy.net
I cut down over a period of about 3 months. Basically put off the next smoke as long as I could, then I'd just have one. Took a while, but sooner or later I was vaping more than smoking, and then in a week I went down from 5-10 analogs to 1-3 a day, then I just made it through one day and that was it.

All in all, it was quite painless.

I'm vaping 18mg all day long now. I'll cut down on nic at some point, but for now I'm just happy to be off the analogs.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I use the Screwdriver. 901's mainly, a bottom coil tank has made my rotation for driving & "in the dark" situations, haha. Prefilled cartos laying around for emergencies, unwrap, screw in, and vape.

A Screwdriver. Now that Brings back Memories.

I remember when I first came here in as a Guest and Saw one, I said I would Never be Caught Dead using something like that.

Fast Forward to Today and if Someone Took my Provari Away from me, I would have a Complete Hissy Fit. And Buy Another on in about 3 Minutes.

LOL

EbenezerScrews

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2008
NW New Jersey
I forget what nicotine levels were being offered when I started, i believe they were lower, maybe 12mg. They were prefilled carts(not cartos).

As soon as liquid was available I went with 24mg...when 36mg was available I went with that. I have used anywhere from 12-36mg over the years and I dont find much trouble with "fiending" at the lower levels. The throat hit is big difference. I use 18/24 now mostly, I need that throat bite, haha.

Bookworm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
USA
It took me several days to quit smoking. My 510 kit came on a Friday, and I wanted to quit that day. But when my smokes ran out that night, I had a mild panic and ran to the store for 2 more packs, haha. Smoked those over the next few days while I figured out how to vape, and quit when they ran out on Tuesday. Today makes 2 years since that Tuesday, and I am so happy to have found vaping and ECF.

EbenezerScrews

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2008
NW New Jersey
A Screwdriver. Now that Brings back Memories.

I remember when I first came here in as a Guest and Saw one, I said I would Never be Caught Dead using something like that.

Fast Forward to Today and if Someone Took my Provari Away from me, I would have a Complete Hissy Fit. And Buy Another on in about 3 Minutes.

LOL

Yes! I was getting approached by crackheads and cops when I started using it. Now nobody blinks.

COOKPASSBABTRIDGE

Jun 3, 2014
canada
2 pack min a day chain smoking & I stopped overnight. I convinced myself that nicotine wasn't as addictive as they say(I'm still convinced)....Started vaping at 18mg...a week later my local B&M gave me some kanthal & cotton to play around with. Rebuild a protank coil head & wicked with cotton & instantly dropped to 9mg. 18mg with cotton was headache strong.
Down to 6mg now, sometimes when I feel like less intense flavor I dilute the juice with some VG down to 3-4mg. Even had a few zeros with no issues.
I don't think I care much about nic anymore...more about clouds

Blind Owl

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2014
BC, Canada
Two days after I started vaping (4 weeks ago now), I lit a cigarette and found it tasted about like an ashtray smells. After 35 years at 2+ packs a day, giving up tobacco was about as hard as taking spinach from a baby. My wife switched at the same time, and we're still happily married. Try that with any other stop-smoking method!

EbenezerScrews

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2008
NW New Jersey
Yes, it will definitely start to smell & taste bad. You"ll start smelling smoke on people, you'll actually get a whiff while driving and look 3 cars ahead to see a puff of smoke come out of someones window, haha. Weird.

I thought having my sense of smelled restored would be a good thing, but mostly I just smell piss & .... everywhere :(

lukcy7

Apr 19, 2014
Thailand
Yeah, having the option to vape is a beautiful thing.

I smoked about 20 years; was about a pack a day for the last year of smoking. When I started vaping, this happened:
Day 1: 1 cig (maybe 2; can't remember)
Day 2: 1 cig
Day 3: 1 cig (maybe 0; can't remember)
Day 4: 4 cigs with a couple beers
Day 5 onwards: no more cigs

I haven't touched a cig in I guess about 2.5 - 3 months. It's so easy to quit when you vape. It's just beautiful.

Blindtarm

May 7, 2014
Bergen, Norway
I was a heavy smoker for 18 years. 35-40 a day, easily 60-80 if I were out drinking. In October last year I bought an eGo CE4 starter kit. I used that single 650 mAh battery for a month,before I could afford another 900mAh battery. In December I was down to ten cigarettes a week, then during Christmas my charger broke and I was back to smoking until I got another in the mail (no vapers shop in this country, need to order from England). 1. of January I took my last cigarette. I've been smoke-free since! And I got back-ups of my back-up-equipment.

I started out on 24mg, now I'm down to 12mg and the next mixing I'm doing, I'm gonna get down to 10mg or 8mg. I started to get lightheaded by 12mg now. :)

RippledSoul

Jun 5, 2014
PA
I am curious to know how long it took to fully kick analog cigarettes and/or get to no nicotine in your juice completely?

I have been a smoker for over twenty years and switched to e-cigs about three weeks ago. For the first three days I used analog cigs (though only about 3 a day compared to over a pack a day) as well as the e-cig, but since then I have been completely on the e-cig. I am working my way down from 1.8% nic to hopefully 0 nic and I am just wondering how long others have gone before quitting analogs or making it to 0 nic?

Just want to say that I am really excited about all of this. I have tried so many times to quit but never could. with e-cigs and vaping I really think I can finally kick the habit.

I haven't smoked since taking my first vape. I have had a couple cravings, but haven't lit one up, thankfully. I can't imagine how they'd taste now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread