Travelling - not so light!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
I travel a lot, and at times I arrive knackered when journeys don’t go that easily and have been known to stop off at places of adult entertainment for a quick Boilermaker or two before unpacking in the house … a situation which in this land of hard floors and tiled pavements calls for kit that’ll stand a drop onto the deck.

Here’s my kit for the next few months … and a caveat - yes I do know about EFest batteries, but down in Al Andalus they are all you can get readily and I never build coils below 0.9 anyway and do keep an eye on them.

So to the kit - an El Cheapo Terminator Squonk Box, which has a rubberised finish so it has survived a knock or two and which has room behind the feeder tube to accomodate a spare premade, pre wicked coil and a small Allen key for the Origen Little. When not in use it lives in an old hard sunglasses case.

For this and the Dripper I have 1 Ohm Coils premade plus cotton in a single battery case.

As a first back up, I have my Enforcer Dripping Atomiser, which doesn’t leak, is easy to build on with those big post hole screws, which in a pinch you can use a knife on if you have no screwdriver to hand, is solidly built and which despite its size offers as much, or even more, flavour than my Origen when shut down a bit. It fits on my three year old well scratched iStick 40W, which refuses to die just fine.

As a second back up, simply because I love the Mark 1 Nautilus Minis, I have one - but this time fitted with the latticed metal tank “just in case”.

And as a last resort, in case the worst comes to the worst, a few original ViVi Novas with a handful of their old silica wicked heads - these live in the house here in Spain and after the last trip I had to resort to one. It wasn’t actually that bad … and it’s strange to think that only a few short years ago these were considered state of the art!

That’s my travel kit, plus of course stocks of my own liquid, decanted into commercial 10 mil juice bottles which does save a lot of questions at airport security, I carry 10 in a clear bag and my wife takes 10 for me as we each can only have 100 mils as hand luggage in Europe.

That’s my travel kit when I’m away for months at a time - I’d love to hear what others take!
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg

Reactions: BrotherBob

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
That’s my travel kit, plus of course stocks of my own liquid, decanted into commercial 10 mil juice bottles which does save a lot of questions at airport security, I carry 10 in a clear bag and my wife takes 10 for me as we each can only have 100 mils as hand luggage in Europe.
Take more juice with you. You can take up to 1 litre of liquids per passenger.
EU.JPG

Cheers
I

Reactions: BrotherBob

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
This I have read; I have also read what Easyjet's version is line by line, and I am well aware how Brit Security at Newcastle Airport interperets it - say what you will to them.

When I was Senior Manager in the Civil Service the watchwords were "Rules are for Fools and Cirulars are for Interpretation."

What we take is what gets through without argument - for me/us this system works and I well know that if I get through with what I take ( which is double the strength of what it says on the label ), if I buy nic free juice in Fuengirola I can double what I take at at a fraction of the price for nic juice in Spain now.

I neither wish to argue nor go to war at the airport - I have had stuff impounded in the past and have developed a winning system which I will stick with!

But frankly, sorry, this bit of the argument is just not worth indulging in - I am talking about kit, hardware etc - call it what you will, and I do so apologise if this sounds offensive, which it was never meant to be... the post was meant to be a bit light hearted and bring back memories of the "rare ould days" not so long ago, when Vivi Novas ruled the world!

BTW when we went through security at Newcastle - Rhona had to put her gas cylinder for her hair straightener thingie into the baggie with the Eliquid as she was "allowed only one bag per person" one of the many reasons we stopped off for the Boilermakers en route to the house, and arrived in the immortal words of Bob Dylan, "walkin' kinda funny Lord!"

Last edited:
Reactions: Izan

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
I'm glad you posted. I have 4 or 5 vivi novas left and was thinking of junking them. Now I think I'll keep them for emergencies :) Thanks!

As I discovered a couple of months ago - they are truly not that bad - yes you are best running them on a regulated box where you can work the old rule of " +2 volts over the coil's Ohm reading" i.e if the box says the coil is 2.2 ohms then you set 4.2 volts.

When actually vaping the things it is also worth while again doing the old thing of turning them on their side and swirling the liquid around the tails of those long wick tails to get them wet, but if you've worked them you'll know that!

Believe it or believe it not after I had to resort to one last time in Spain I actually quite liked them and experimented with silica wicks when I got back to Scotland!

Reactions: Anise

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Thanks for the tips. I actually didn't use them much so I didn't know about turning them on their side and rolling them. I don't even have extra wicks for them but I'm putting them in my backup box tonight.

By the way there are still videos on YouTube showing how to re coil and re wick Vivi Novas - it looks quite simple but I've never done it myself.

There's also one with a guy who drills the holes bigger and re wicks them with cotton, which he swears gives more vapour and more flavour - I might try that when I'm back in the UK just to see!

I think Vivi Nova heads can still be got from FastTech too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread