Tripod MTL drip tip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truckin Vaper

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2021
Any of you tripod users have the long drip tip for Mtl use ?? I really enjoy the look,feel,and draw with it. The only issue I have is a little condensation which causes a little gurgle now and then. Any of you guys get this with the tip, or am I possibly not getting something right when putting it on the top cap? I don’t really get this with the other aftermarket tips I have. Any advice or info is greatly appreciated.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Any of you tripod users have the long drip tip for Mtl use ?? I really enjoy the look,feel,and draw with it. The only issue I have is a little condensation which causes a little gurgle now and then. Any of you guys get this with the tip, or am I possibly not getting something right when putting it on the top cap? I don’t really get this with the other aftermarket tips I have. Any advice or info is greatly appreciated.

I'm pretty sure @ShowMeTwice has one.

From one supplier of that tip, it shows a 3mm bore id:
    Atmizoo - "Tripod MTL Drip Tip Long Top"
    You can sometimes get condensation if you are using a drip tip with a smaller bore id, than the chimney id. However as the Tripod's chamber/chimney reducer also has a bore id of 3mm:
    You are being redirected...
    I'm clueless :thumbs:

Truckin Vaper

ECF Veteran
    Jan 14, 2021
    Reactions: ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I'm pretty sure @ShowMeTwice has one.

Great memory Ange and yes, I sure do!!! ;) :D
    -1.jpg

Ice matte Tripod on the Solare dna 75.

I didn't have any issues when I used my Atmizoo MTL DT. I'm back using the original DT's on my Tripod's.

Do you have the chamber and chimney reducer installed?
    If you do, you could try removing it and having a go. See if that makes a difference for you.

I have one Tripod setup without the CCR and one with it installed.

CCR installed = 3mm chimney diameter / removed = 5.2mm
    CCR installed = 5.3mm height / removed = 9mm

Top cap. When you swapped DT's did you install the gasket (washer) in the top cap before the lower DT screw on piece? Proper installation has it fitting under the washer when screwed to the DT top piece (page 3 in the manual). Or...
    -3.jpg

Gurgling
    . Make sure your wick tails are not touching the center AF block. This prevents excess juice from seeping down the AF hole on the deck or up the chimney (same as with a Kayfun). I make a gaps under the shoulders of my wick tails. Simply move the wick shoulders away from the center AF block to get the gaps (see pic). A paper clip, or needle, works very nicely for getting the gaps. And you don't want to over stuff the juice wells with cotton.
    -2.jpg

FWIW the Atmizoo Tripod thread has excellent info, tips, video and photos. Not specific to the MTL DT though, other than a couple mentions.
    Atmizoo Tripod RTA

That thread is currently closed for replies BUT we can get it opened if you want to post anything there. Lemme know.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    It may be the 3mm size but dang that’s what I like about it
    With the CCR installed the Tripod chimney diameter is 3mm, same as the MTL DT.

Removing the CCR and using the MTL DT will still give you 3mm.

I have used DT's with a smaller bore size with the CCR removed (5.2mm diameter chimney) and had no condensation.

Reactions: Truckin Vaper

Truckin Vaper

ECF Veteran
    Jan 14, 2021
    With the CCR installed the Tripod chimney diameter is 3mm, same as the MTL DT.

Removing the CCR and using the MTL DT will still give you 3mm.

I have used DT's with a smaller bore size with the CCR removed (5.2mm diameter chimney) and had no condensation.
    Thank you very much. I’ll remove the chimney reducer and try it. I’ve hardly touched my kayfun or any other atty since I got the Tripod. Again thank you for all the information.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread