Trivial Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
Alright, guys. Remember of course that if you have a question or want to rave about the products you're using, feel free to start a thread, but I decided to make a place to talk about nothing specific. I'll update here with just random things that I might be doing or find interesting or have an issue with. Feel free to chime in.

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
I haven't heard back so I'm going to try to jump ahead and guess so I can give some advice. It's only once in a blue moon that I get a carto that either doesn't work at all or tastes bad, so in those cases, I just throw it away. I assume with that many bad cartos though, the issue you're having is that the cartos just appear to be barley working. MV's supplier changed something months ago. My guess is in how they assemble them. MV is aware of this now and I've been told they are looking into it. The issue is that the contact on some of the cartos are too low - practically recessed. Because of not making perfect contact with the battery, sometimes you get okay contact, sometimes none at all, and sometimes it's just very weak. I've played around with putting a paper clip in the center hole of the contact, bending slightly left or right, moving around the carto as if it were a hubcap. But I mean SLIGHT pressure. Too much pressure will disconnect it, sometimes right away and sometimes a day later - you'll get a disgusting burnt taste if it does. If that happens, you ruined it. I haven't ruined one in quite a while now, but I do prefer this trick with one or two cartos per box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread