Troubled by my Reo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrephunk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2012
Montauk - NY
Ok, so I recently bought a vv woodvil in the last sale about a month ago. I have been trying to use it regularly but I find myself constantly going back to my provari with a tank. I have tried a few different attys, two different bridged LR atties and a bridgeless atty. I just don't seem to get the flavor I get from my provari. I learned to sqounk correctly pretty quickly I thought but maybe I'm not. The flavors seem much different from what I like(and guess I'm used to) I really wanted to love this mod, I do love the way it looks but maybe bottom feeders aren't for me. Any suggestions or help from anyone would be great, as I don't know what to do now, and am very hesitant to sell or trade it because I really want to like it. Its just not getting the use I thought it would.

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
I find that the wood smell and the finish smell can change the flavor of your juice.
It can take from a few weeks to a couple months for that to completely go away.

To be honest my VV has not seen much use either for that very reason.
I pick it up and smell it once and a while to see how its coming along.

But if your trying to reproduce the flavor your getting with a tank you should be trying cartomizers on the REO not atomizers.
They taste very different.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Ok, so I recently bought a vv woodvil in the last sale about a month ago. I have been trying to use it regularly but I find myself constantly going back to my provari with a tank. I have tried a few different attys, two different bridged LR atties and a bridgeless atty. I just don't seem to get the flavor I get from my provari. I learned to sqounk correctly pretty quickly I thought but maybe I'm not. The flavors seem much different from what I like(and guess I'm used to) I really wanted to love this mod, I do love the way it looks but maybe bottom feeders aren't for me. Any suggestions or help from anyone would be great, as I don't know what to do now, and am very hesitant to sell or trade it because I really want to like it. Its just not getting the use I thought it would.

What ohm are your atty's? Do you know what voltage you are using on both Provari and the REO? What type juices do you use?

RocketRod

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2012
Colorado Springs, CO
I find the taste of the same juice between my Provari and my VV Woodvil to be different also. MY PV is 3.2Ohm @4.5V, VVW is 2.5 Cisco @4.5v. Close in ohms but that really produces a different vape. The PV is much cooler than the VVW. But both are good and I understand why. Another factor to consider is the tank on the PV actually provides a little cooling over the carto by the fluid surrounding the carto, where on the VVW there is none. I hope you get it worked out as the VVW is an outstanding mod. Also I'm using a menthol tobacco, and I'm sure a sweet fruity flavor would not be as good for me at higher wattage.

Mrephunk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2012
Montauk - NY
the attys I used were 1.7-2.0 ohms and I use about the same voltage on both units from 4.0-4.4 volts. My mod had absolutely no wood or finish smell that I could discern. So I am ruling that out as a factor. I was gonna try a carto on the VVW but I wanted to use attys as I had heard that it produces a much more flavorful and vaporful experience.

Jeann

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2011
The Netherlands
yes, in my experience from over a year ago, dripping an atty gives a much better taste of the flavor, but then again taste is very personal and techniques have improved since then. you can also try the atty on your provari, dripping is the closest to a bottomfeeder, and to see what you like or dislike about atty's. and yes do try your fav carto on the VVW and see what you think of that.

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
the attys I used were 1.7-2.0 ohms and I use about the same voltage on both units from 4.0-4.4 volts. My mod had absolutely no wood or finish smell that I could discern. So I am ruling that out as a factor. I was gonna try a carto on the VVW but I wanted to use attys as I had heard that it produces a much more flavorful and vaporful experience.

I would agree that attys are more flavorful .... but its a completely different flavor than a carto even with the same juice.
As far as vapor production thats a toss up IMO.

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
Yes, you can use a carto on your REO. About half of the REO users do. Here's a couple of threads that might be of interest to you.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...y-dont-need-fill-cartos-before-using-reo.html
and an oldie but a goodie....
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/161209-reo-grand-mini-can-run-cartomizers-too.html
It seems you can do either the old fashioned way and pre-fill your carto before you use it. Or you can just stick it on your mod and squonk a few times and vape away, like you would with an atty. I don't use cartos, so I can't give you any specific direction, but someone will soon enough :)

Just be forewarned that if you fill it too much, the filler swells and constricts the tube, making the draw super tight and renders it unusable....er...that's what I heard anyway. :blush: I hope something here helps. :laugh:

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
OK, looks like I am gonna use a carto on my reo before I give up on it. Can I still use the bottom feed system with a carto? If so any tuts on how to do it properly?

I would suggest you get some different ohm atty's. You can use a 2.5 and it will give you more of a range in voltage to adjust to find your sweet spot in your juice. The 1.7 and 2.0 really limit how high you can go.

lostknitter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2011
Lee's Summit, MO
I use cartos exclusively on my REOs. I like the Boge LR 2.0s. I don't prefil, just put them on the REO, give a few good strong blind squonks, and vape. For me, they give a more consistent performance then attys do. It is just a matter of personal preference. I usually have a few REOs going at any one time, with different juices in each. I generally get about a week out of a carto. I get my cartos from Crystal Clear Vaping, 15 cartos for $19 with free shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread