troubleshooting help with infinity please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

catcat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
WA
Is there already a troubleshooting thread already here somewhere for the infinity? Mine just stopped working. I made sure both sets of batteries are charged and nothing is happening when I push the button. I noticed it was acting like my ego does when the battery is getting low before it dies. I thought that was odd. When it quit I figured it was time to change the batteries. Nothing with fresh batteries. I recharged the ones that were in it......nothing. Is this a quick fix somehow? Thanks in advance.

catcat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
WA
okay this is wierd. I just put on a cart I have from vaporking. Thank goodness I have an adapter. Now it works with that! But these other carts I've been using I had almost thrown away because they were worthless with my other ecigs. I remember calling the supplier and asking if they were LR and he said no, they didnt carry LR cartos...and I thought gosh, what crappy cartos. This was before I understood the difference. So I was happy I saved them. These are supposedly 3 or 3.5 ohms. It's working with the vaporking carto....but I think I better order some more standard resistance (3.0'ish stuff because I don't like these vaporking cartos. I wonder if I should try the carto I was using again just to see? So if it's a carto with LR, the infinity will just shut down to protect it? That's a good thing....but I honestly don't think these are LR cartos.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Cath, they don't necessarily say LR but the Infinity likes 3.0ish best. Some folks have used 2.8 and below without any problems but yes, if the resistance drops after you have used a carto a few times (which is normal) then it becomes borderline on drawing too much current. I'm sure Mike will get you all fixed up :)

catcat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
WA
Okay, I'll try that....but I was using two cartos with two different flavors since I got it. It seems odd they would BOTH loose their connection at the same time. If that doesn't work, I'll try a fresh carto. These are standard 510 cartos that I hooked onto my 901 to 510 adapter. If that doesn't work, I'll email you Mike. I'm too busy to fuss with it before work, but I'll try tonight. Thanks!!

Ruppy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
WV
Catherine it only takes one with a little longer center to push it in too far. Then all of the ones with posts that are ever so slightly shorter wont connect .Its actually a super easy fix IF thats the problem. Every now and then I get a atty or carto that needs adjusted to work :) Fingers crossed its that simple for you. Keep us posted :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread