The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Truckers

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Calve, Jun 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Calve

Calve Fat Bob Squadron Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 27, 2014
    Sweet Home Alabama
    I stopped in the Mebane Petro the other day to grab a bite and work out a bit and I saw a FedEx driver standing by the door holding a Kayfun. I tracked him down after I got done and he was parked in the back of the restaurant with 3 atty's. Had a great conversation with him as I am pretty new to this ecig deal. I turned him on to some killer juice from HHV called Legend, (something I believe he ordered after putting his tip on by atty and trying it.)

Got me to thinking, there HAS to be more truckers out here who are into this. Was just curious. It'd be nice to talk about something other than the silly nonsense that spews out of most mouths out here. It'd even get me to probably sit inside and eat now and again.

So...if you're a driver, holler out here. Maybe we can get a small network of people to help each other out if you know, we run out of juice, or wire, or cotton, et al. You get the idea.

2. NoMoreCope

NoMoreCope Full Member

Apr 17, 2014
    United States
    Owner-Operator here. Been vaping on the road for a few months now. Definitely better than the cans and spit-bottles like before. Run RDAs while sitting and either a Kayfun or Kraken while rolling.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

3. Calve

Supporting member
    May 27, 2014
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Independent?

4. chawk

chawk Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 26, 2014
    Port Republic,MD,USA
    My hubs is a local low boy driver in Maryland,Va, and DC.. I'll have him hop on here one day soon. He is asleep now, but he does carry extra stuff with him just in case they need him to work late. I drive a school bus but I wouldn't be much use when I'm on the road:/ Virtually no contact with the outside world. Nice to meet you!

5. chawk

Jan 26, 2014
    Port Republic,MD,USA
    And just one other funny thought... wonder how much VapeMail that Fedex truck had in it?? LOL!

6. pt1911

pt1911 Full Member

Apr 8, 2014
    United States
    Company regional driver here. Local routes I carry my MVP, zmax and a couple of tanks. Out state I carry the same only more batteries and more tanks.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

7. Calve

Supporting member
    May 27, 2014
    Sweet Home Alabama
    I may have bumped into him if he pulls out of Dundalk, I run out of there when I'm home, (Norhtern VA).

8. chawk

Jan 26, 2014
    Port Republic,MD,USA
    No he pulls out of Waldorf, but he has gone all over. He hauls paving equipment.

9. NoMoreCope

NoMoreCope Full Member

Apr 17, 2014
    United States
    I'm leased onto a local company, owned by family friends. Pretty good setup.

10. Calve

Supporting member
    May 27, 2014
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Okay. I'm on with Landstar, run mostly east of 35, south of 80 and north of 10, but am finding myself turning into quite the whore and running wherever the money goes. Mostly out to Seattle area and back this year. Strange year. I'm digging this new vaping lifestyle and love learning more things about it. Hence this thread to try and find other drivers into it.

Very cool.

11. Calve

Supporting member
    May 27, 2014
    Sweet Home Alabama
    In fact, when I was at a port just west of Seattle a month ago, a buddy of mine who lives in Fife was the one who turned me onto the ecig. He's responsible for me taking runs just to buy more stuff. He knows what kind of guy I am when it comes to gadgets, tinkering and shiny things.

I hate him.

12. NoMoreCope

NoMoreCope Full Member

Apr 17, 2014
    United States
    Nice! I've questioned a few BCO's about how Landstar would be for growing a fleet with... they always seemed efficient, and usually paid a good rate, the few times I've hauled for them.... UPS Christmas overflow, mostly.

I was running team with my business partner/dad, been in the business for a bit over a year and a half now. We mostly ran the entire 48... saw 46 in less than 11 months. The last few months we were on a dedicated between Phoenix and Indianapolis. A bit less revenue, but a lot less expense, a regular schedule, and a regular life at home.

My dad passed away while stopped climbing out of Albuquerque last week, on our home leg... massive heart attack, as far as we know. DOT may have saved my life, because I think it would have happened if we were still rolling. Not sure which direction the business will be going now... might go solo, might hire a driver or two, may just hang it up. We'll see.

13. Trypno

Trypno Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 17, 2014
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I work at a truckstop, I see truckers come through here all the time with vape setups. Many aren't allowed to smoke in their cabs, so alot resort to chew, but more and more are turning to vaping. One of the guys that comes through here has a pretty heavy duty drip setup.

14. DABinTX

DABinTX Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 17, 2013
    Irving, TX, USA
    I'm a local driver. I haul fuel in the Dallas metroplex.

15. Calve

Supporting member
    May 27, 2014
    Sweet Home Alabama
    I'm in Dallas a lot man. We have a yard in Grand Prairie, I have a van there to tool around in which makes it nice. Haul a lot of loads out of Denison to everywhere as we'll. He'll, I even have a membership at Riverside Golf course. Maybe we could play a few rounds. It'd be the first time playing and not smoking a cigar. lol

16. Nightshard

Nightshard Super Member ECF Veteran

May 31, 2013
    Israel
    I wonder how long this fedex guy had to wait for another fedex guy to deliver his vapemail:)

17. DABinTX

DABinTX Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 17, 2013
    Irving, TX, USA
    Calve, that would be cool. I haven't played in years, so you might have to spot me 15-20 strokes lol.

I have to finish training first. After 17 years of otr, I've finally went local. Looking forward to tanker yankin'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.