Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I hate pod systems. This is not a simple dislike. This is not a casual can-do-without. This is Hate with a fiery capital H.

Why? Small capacity battery. Small capacity tank/pod. Plastic plastic plastic. Many closed systems. Outrageous price to performance ratio. And, there are too &#*÷\=&=_! many of them... Flooding the market with a new POS a day, it feels like.

I know that there are MANY styles of vaping. I'm not knocking any specific style. I just hate pods.

I titled this "try and change my mind..." because I recognize that, and I'm wondering if I'm missing

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Pod_Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2018
East Coast, USA
Pod devices are what kept me from smoking, initially. So they DO serve a functional, needed purpose, at least for some of us. It was easy and convenient for someone like me who didn't know the first thing about vaping (and still knows very little!)

There's a portability factor to it as well. I don't want to carry around a lot of supplies like juice/coils/batteries, etc. if I go out. So I charge my mod, fill the tank, and then grab the remaining pod device I still use as a back up just in case. Kind of like those old tourist souvenir cigarettes in a glass pod that says "Break in case of emergency". LOL

And for me, stealthiness is important, too. My set up isn't a cloud chaser by any means, but it's not exactly invisible. Sometimes the pod is nice for a quick hit when no one is looking when you really need it.

I've moved "up" in terms of what my style and needs are for daily use, but pod devices certainly CAN be useful.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I've avoided them up until now. Been vaping since the days of the EVOD, Vammo, etc.

I picked up a Minifit, and a SMOK Novo, that I'm going to be trying out this weekend. Why you might ask?

I WANT something small and light for a backup device, travel, etc. They may be low capacity and powered devices, but if I run 30+ mg nic salts, I'll bet I can get a full day as an ADV from a single pod.

Carrying two full sized devices around when out of the house, or having to pack a ton of gear, building supplies, juice, etc when travelling is getting old. Especially since I take backups when travelling as well. If I can get away with taking two Minfits, a few spare pods and a 30ml bottle of juice, I'm sold.

I actually pretty excited to give this a shot. I will NEVER give up my full sized gear, but am hopeful this is something that will simplify my vaping when I want/need to.

Last edited:

Bookworm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
USA
I don’t know about changing your mind, nor do I understand why you’d want to. You found your thing, and it’s NOT pods. That’s cool.

But I’ve been vaping since 2012 and never found my thing. I found things that were close to what I wanted but always lacking in some way.

Until pod mods. Now I’m happy. And I won’t ask anyone to change my mind, haha.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'm no longer a MTL vaper, so I seriously doubt that I'd find a pod system that I'd like better than my current DTL subohm regulated mod setup.

However, I've occassionally considered having a pod mod for those times when I stealth vape, like when at the cinema. A couple of short toots with a low volume vapor and high nic juice would probably sustain me through the length of the movie.

I don't stealth vape enough to invest in a pod setup only for that purpose, so I doubt that I'll actually buy one. However, I'll gladly accept one for review if any vendors are listening. ;)

Last edited:

Pod_Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2018
East Coast, USA
I don't stealth vape enough to invest in a pod setup only for that purpose, so I doubt that I'll actually buy one. However, I'll gladly accept one for review if any vendors are listening. ;)

LOL I'll second this! ;)
I still love pods, but have had too much bad luck on my own dime.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't know when I have found things I like and spent time and effort obtaining those things, well, I don't really see the point of getting someone to change my mind so I can spend more money.

If you ask me pod mods (in my eyes) are utilitarian, and for stealth vaping and etc., not for "convince me to like them." I understand the rationale some folks have for enjoying pod mods and paying for the privilege-- they're stealthy, they're expensive, etc. but if I ever get a pod device it will be for that reason ONLY, factually, for the stealth factor or whatever. I wouldn't even have to convince myself to LIKE them, and besides for true all day 8 hour stealth, in which I will be entering, well, snus is a much more viable option in my eyes.

The more I use it, the more I like not being tied to my vape, and no matter HOW stealthy something is, there is the opportunity to get caught, so no I don't see much purpose for pod mod vaping-- for me-- and the only reason *I* can see to use one would be for that specific purpose and I've already found something FAR more robust and more workable on a day to day basis so I am afraid I not only CANNOT convince you to love pods, I'm left wondering why on earth you would WANT me to.

Anna

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
No need to change your mind as I don't think you're missing out on something. A small clearo on a small device can do the same thing, may be rebuildable and isn't proprietary. The flood of pods on the market is just another in a long line of aggressively marketed fads that will settle into it's own niche over time. Convenient for sure but not what I want to use all day.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
Well, I've tried a small selection, most very recently. It's called shinyitis :laugh:

I only have purchased 2 that are plastic -- one a year or so ago - I Care, I think and a MyBlu for $1. Maybe a lot are plastic, but not my selections. I've actually been almost impressed with the quality of the "mod" part on most of the others I've acquired.

IMHO they are getting better. I think it's a good move that air flow, on and off switches and some with power setting levels are coming out, in addition to most all being "fill it yourself" models coming out. Some even have a type of temperature control to stop dry hits-- so they are getting more sophisticated and there is potential for an extremely good vape in a tiny carry around device.

Will they be my all day choice --- no. They are for back up, change of flavor and when it's best to be more discrete.

Busardo/Dimetri/Platform/Innokin are coming out with one that uses Zenith Coils -- expected out in October. That one really interests me as I really like having multiple devices/toppers for premade coils I enjoy.

BTW, I couldn't even stand looking at the things or reading about them until I spotted the Suorin Air on sale and got it in. Not my "normal vape" at all -- but I can almost fit it in my wallet and with some high nic in it, it comes in handy. For me, an on off switch is important for these devices and The Suorin Air, though not the latest, has this feature.

Last edited:

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Try and change my mind...

Nope. :p

I mainly use pod mods at work, where I don't need huge juice or battery capacity, and my vaping consists of 4-5 sessions a frenetic chain-vaping (I probably look like the guy in Refer Madness) or when I'm running a quick errand or walking the dog - situations where I won't be out long and don't want to lug a mod around...

...and not all pod mods are plastic.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I kept meaning to try one of the Blu's when they were trailing their value around a buck. Why not, I thought? I knew it wouldn't work, I'm a DL guy. But hey, for a buck, maybe I'd find something to like about it. Once, I actually had the buck out of my pocket, over at the local convenience store. But my buddy Hassan-- he runs the joint, and I don't think he sleeps because I've never been there when he wasn't-- said he only had tobacco flavored models left in stock. Gaaakkk! I said. And put my money back in my pocket.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I hate pod systems. This is not a simple dislike. This is not a casual can-do-without. This is Hate with a fiery capital H.

Why? Small capacity battery. Small capacity tank/pod. Plastic plastic plastic. Many closed systems. Outrageous price to performance ratio. And, there are too &#*÷\=&=_! many of them... Flooding the market with a new POS a day, it feels like.

I know that there are MANY styles of vaping. I'm not knocking any specific style. I just hate pods.

I titled this "try and change my mind..." because I recognize that, and I'm wondering if I'm missing

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

beep-beep

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Why not beat a dead horse.
I'll not be giving up my Provari's Kabuki's Berserker's for pod mods.
But, when I'm out I don't want to carry anything large and heavy for a couple of hours in my pocket, pods work well. (Now, mind you, in the winter when I'm wearing a big old coat with big old pockets into which they fit...another story.)
So, a Vladdin or a Myle or a Breeze2 fit the bill.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
images

Vapemesilly

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2017
Nevada
I've vaped on several pods and thought they all hit pretty good for a MTL kind-of-sneaky-stealthy-they-can't-see-me vape. The pods generally suck as far as how long they last and the power between charges stinks.

However, I have just read several reviews and watched a Youtube review on the Mi-Pod. 950mah battery, 2 ml tank and it sounds like it hits like a champ. A little pricey. I'm going to go check one out this afternoon.

I am mostly a DTL vaper but I do MTL now and then and I am always looking for something small that works well to take with me when leaving the house. I hate carrying around a big mod unit.

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
I started buying a pod to take with when out and about as I got sick of carrying my mods and a cooler with an ice pack when leaving in the hot car. First one was the MyBlu for a buck and it did the trick; it got me buying a few other pods. Very pocket friendly and can take in when doing my inspections for work. Now I have more than I care to admit as my shinnyitis took form in buying pod systems. First time since I started vaping that my shinnyitis went in reverse in terms of price.

I started using them for just the out and about situations but find myself using them more and more at home. Heck, I went fishing last weekend and only brought two Breeze 2's and the EQ and made it the entire weekend with just those pod systems. No battery died during the day and I didn't have to worry about my mod falling into the lake while on the boat. Had the pods in my pocket; can't do that with a mod without my pants falling down.

The other thing I notice, I vape much less eliquid when using pods; about 1/4 of what I normally use. Not that I care about that as I DIY and vape for pennies a day. However, I use 20+ mils when using my mods and with these little pods, using about 5 mils a day.

Are these the future of my vaping journey, probably not. Honestly, I don't know what I'm gonna have for dinner and I have no idea what style of vape I'll be into tomorrow either. For today, I am liking these little pod devices.

With all that said, I think these are great devices for someone trying to quit. For a little more than a disposable cig-a-like, someone could buy one of these and see if vaping might be something they would like. Pods provide a much better vape experience than a cig-a-like and their small size is not so much different than a smoke that it would not be awkward either. Will this change the OP's mind? Was really not my intention as we all like what we like. Just wanted to throw my experience out there as I was skeptical about pods when I first saw them as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread