Trying to Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokkok123

Oct 4, 2015
Was a 20+ sticks / day smoker for the past 10 years and only recently tried to switch to vaping.

Its been a week since i got my starter kit. Got to say it's quite effective so far and i managed to cut down from 20+ to 10/day. I noticed that it made my normal cigs taste real bad and made me less inclined to eating sweet stuff throughout the day.

But time to time. i still had to reach for normal cigs especially in the morning right after waking up.

On the negative side, changing wicks and juices is a hassle and the occasional breakdown (9.9ohm) are a bummer. I dont like to get my hands dirty and thus dont enjoy dismantling the device every other day. The community is also very jargon heavy which made the forum / youtube videos very hard to understand.

Nevertheless, I am overall rather pleased with the device and can say that it is a really effective alternative to normal cigs.

Reactions: KentA

FishingBuffalo

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2012
Collinsville,TX
It took me 6 weeks to fully convert to vaping. It is OK to smok a cig for now. Pick up your ecig first. If not doing the trick then have a real cig. Devices now a days are very good, but DO require effort on ones part. If the device you have is too complicated, then seek a simpler device.Changing coils and charging or replacing batteries are just part of vaping life. A lot of new users complain of having to fill tanks 2-4 times a day, but will not hesitate to make and wait 15-20 minutes for a pot of coffee to brew. Be patient and realistic.

Reactions: Nimaz

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
If you don't hit the morning cig you may be good for the rest of the day. Each time you feel that craving, pull out your gear with a good nicotine load. I would suggest 24mg which made it for me. In my switching mood, I got a cig after I woke up for 3 days but that was the only one in the day. From 20 to 2 to 1 and 1/2 one... Cig free in less than a week, careless for flavor but staying away from the stick. There is other things than nicotine that we are addicted to in cigs. You'll soon find vaping more enjoyable in every ways, and wonder why you didn't start sooner.

tokkok123

Oct 4, 2015
You'll soon find vaping more enjoyable in every ways, and wonder why you didn't start sooner.

I didn't even know about the existence of e cigs till recently. You wont see anyone vaping on the streets as it is apparently banned in my country. I had to bring in from overseas, and luckily for me i am a frequent business traveler.

I plan to cut to 5/day this week.

Reactions: Nimaz

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
You wont see anyone vaping on the streets as it is apparently banned in my country. I had to bring in from overseas, and luckily for me i am a frequent business traveler.

I plan to cut to 5/day this week.[/QUOTE]

It's not banned where I living right now but you don't see much people vaping either... I am traveling quite a bit myself. One of the good things in vaping is that the basic gears are relatively easy to engineer and the base ingredients of the liquid are pretty common pharmaceutical reagents, may be with the exception of nicotine solutions. Your goal for the week is realistic. I am confident that you'll succeed. Stay in touch.

samaral

Verified Member
Oct 24, 2015
Yes it can be a bit daunting to keep rebuilding/rewicking/rejuicing. But the technology these days make it easier : blister packs for ready to swap coils etc, tanks with bigger capacity etc.

why not keep your PV always nearby and your pack of smokes harder to reach? :)

keep going and be extra patient, the future-you will thank you for switching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread