Travel and Vaping TSA-airline statement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lesliea

Apr 14, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
all things said and done, I cut these dudes (and dudettes) a lot of slack. I wouldn't want to be the person who let some ..... on board with an unknown device that could take the plane down. Yeah, I would try to take a spare onboard, but I'd also have a back up of nicorette, just in case. That they are familiar with.

Hopefully, eventualy e-cigs will become common and accepted. Until that point, I will not ask some low level person to take the chance. It's not worth it.

(I'm an American citizen, living as a permanent resident in Canada. I will NEVER forget 9/11. It changed my life and attitudes forever. Try to f&*^k with my plane, I will take you DOWN!!!!!!!).

So if they want something of mine so that they think others will be safer, they are welcome to it. With my blessings.

NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
No one wants some radical on board with any kind of weapon, and that what the TSA is for. Scanning for weapons, hazardous chemicals, and volatile substances. Some items are obviously safe, and they have to be able to make that determination. But some of them can't, and that's where the problem lies.

A repeat of 9/11 is highly unlikely. As you said yourself, if you saw someone doing something crazy, you would step up and do something, and believe me, you won't be the *only* one. You'll have to stand in line to stomp the guys ....

Vapor Pete

The Vapor Pope
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
Rochester, NY
I've asked before, but I must ask again:
Has anyone told Lordmage that grammer counts? I see he has 500 some posts. Of that 500, no one has told him that learning to spell is a basic function of the human language?
I only ask, not to offend, but because I find it distracting to the point that I just skip his posts. Sometimes its as if a 4th grader is posting. Seriously, Im just wondering.... no offense. We all make spelling and grammer mistakes.
My best,
-VP

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Just thought I'd let everyone know that I made it to LA and back to NH without any issues at all...and I didn't do anything special to conceal my e-cigs or liquids. Airport security didn't even blink.

I even sneaked a few vapes in the airplane bathroom :)

Good to hear, I knew you'd be OK.

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2008
Malaga, Spain
Geeze, I travel alot as Jim does, just got into Israel. I porposely brought more than I need to prove a point.
I went though a separate security point in Frankfurt to Israel and I assure you its tougher than anything in th US.

Here are some of my weapons on board.

ptjd-albums-israel-picture1005-out-chicago.jpg

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Geeze, I travel alot as Jim does, just got into Israel. I porposely brought more than I need to prove a point.
I went though a separate security point in Frankfurt to Israel and I assure you its tougher than anything in th US.

Isreal is one of the toughest in the world. If you got through Israeli Customs, and out again, the test was a success. YOU DA MAN!!!!

I see you had everything laid out on the tray. Did the flight crew give you the OK?

I'm a bit surprised about the syringe though.

ShMiGgY

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
I just had a trip from Charlotte toFla to Charlotte and after much mulling over it. I decided to put my mini kit in my checked baggage. They say that any lithium batteries should go in carry on, but, i figured that it would be up to the person screening my carry on if they let it through or not (just because the TSA allows it, doesn't mean your airline wants you to smoke it on board)... Many airlines are treating E-cigs like traditional cigarettes in the sense of no smoking (or whatever) on the plane.

I found a forum of commercial airline pilots (i'll post it if i can ever find it again) before my trip and they were saying that although the TSA says it's okay, many flight attendants were replying that their airline they work for has a no e-cig policy....

It's ultimately up to you. I decided to go without my npro for the 2 hour flight, and just chewed some nicorette. I didn't like the idea of something looking like it does (blasting cap comes to mind) and a little bottle of liquid (i don't care if it's less than the 3-1-1 rule or not) When i got to my destination, my npro was sitting in my suitcase waiting for me....

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Hey guy,

My replies to you seem to get buried somewhere. They say "below current depth" and I can't see them. So I'll do it this way.

The Israeli's are the toughest in the world for security, so if you made it in & out without a problem, yer good.

I saw the hardware laid out on the try. Did the flight crew OK your e-cig?

I'm surprised at the syringe laying there. Any problems with that?

Welcome home.
Cheers;
jd

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
You could have taken it through security with no problem. Just because you take it on board the plane, doesn't mean you have to use it. I travel enough that my luggage gets misplaced often, so all my good stuff goes with me, and the tools get checked. Never any problems, but I vape secretly on any flight.

I saw PTJD's post. His flight was to Israel. That's more than a 2 to 4 hour flight. I would be vaping in the lavatory on that flight.

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2008
Malaga, Spain
You could have taken it through security with no problem. Just because you take it on board the plane, doesn't mean you have to use it. I travel enough that my luggage gets misplaced often, so all my good stuff goes with me, and the tools get checked. Never any problems, but I vape secretly on any flight.

I saw PTJD's post. His flight was to Israel. That's more than a 2 to 4 hour flight. I would be vaping in the lavatory on that flight.

Jim, been through Frankfurt a dozen times, let me tell you never been through security like this to Israel,they opened everything, looked at my Janty, DSE 901 pass through and no problem. Oh the needle was in my 1 litre bag with liquids and no problem, I didn't need it but brought it to prove a point.
No problem Vaping discreetly in my seat never in the bathroom.
Here are some pic's from Frankfurt to Tel Aviv.

Nice stash pocket on Lufthansa,
ptjd-albums-israel-picture1007-ecig-stash-pocket.jpg

Half way to Tel Aviv.
ptjd-albums-israel-picture1008-vaping-tel-aviv.jpg

I'm still here, the ultimate test is leaving Tel Aviv this coming Saturday!!!

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2008
Malaga, Spain
Jim, made it out no problem, on my carry-on had at least 3 complete Janty/dse801's and a APC power supply with a 901 pass through. They were more interested in phycological questions, "what is your dads name?" "Are you carring a book, if so where did you buy it?" ETC...
Finally arrived in Copenhaven.

Janty prior to boarding at Ben Gurion.
ptjd-albums-israel-picture1040-janty-ben-gurion.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread