Turbo cartos on an eGo battery..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
I'm starting a new thread just in case it gets missed elsewhere..

I know there's been some talk about using the turbo cartos on eGo type batteries and the discussion that the draw on them seems tight unless you peel the cartos...

The other option is to adjust the airflow on the adapter itself...

Yes that's right remember that the slot in the 510 battery to 901/808 adapter IS a screw slot...and by simply taking it off and turning the slot a couple of turns counter clockwise it pushes the center post out toward the 510 battery side and opens up the draw and increases the airflow and vapor production...

So you can fiddle with it til you get the air draw exactly like you like it..:D

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
I'm starting a new thread just in case it gets missed elsewhere..

I know there's been some talk about using the turbo cartos on eGo type batteries and the discussion that the draw on them seems tight unless you peel the cartos...

The other option is to adjust the airflow on the adapter itself...

Yes that's right remember that the slot in the 510 battery to 901/808 adapter IS a screw slot...and by simply taking it off and turning the slot a couple of turns counter clockwise it pushes the center post out toward the 510 battery side and opens up the draw and increases the airflow and vapor production...

So you can fiddle with it til you get the air draw exactly like you like it..:D

That's and excellent point.. and there is another reason why you might want to do that.

The three piece adapters (usually silver.. not to be confused with the gold/brass 2-piece units) often have a minor problem with the silicone insulator. It can be slightly oversized and will partially block the air holes on the cartomizer end. Unscrewing the center pole will help.. or you can take it apart and cut down the O.D. (Outer Diameter) of the insulator to help "fix" the problem.

I almost always have a Turbo cartomizer on an adapter on a Tornado/eGo battery in my pocket. It's not my "all day vape", but it is my alternate. The "reduced effective voltage" of the Tornado/eGo when compared to a Kanger battery or 3.7V mod will usually develop just a bit less vapor.. and/or cooler vapor. But it still works quite, quite well and the battery lasts dern near all day.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Cool! I like the idea..so you use an adapter for 808 to 510? I'll have to try one..never used an ego but i think they'd be cool to carry.. how reliable are they?

Ben

they're pretty reliable...I like the cone on them because it protects the connector...lats me the better part of the day too like 10ish hours on a charge (650mAh battery) ...about the size of a smaller cigar..

miss MiA

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2009
Chicago, IL
Since the adapter's center post can also be moved by just pushing with any little pointy or stick-like thing, when I hear using screwdrivers mentioned I've always wondered if that actually does anything different? I've popped one apart before and it seems like just a silicone-covered 'barbell' inside the partially ridged but not threaded outer section. I had thought the groove that looks like a screwdriver slot was for airflow, same as the slot on some batt posts. Some of my one-piece (i.e. connected/stationary center) adapters have an identical-looking slot.

Either way tho, maybe turning with a screwdriver would be less likely to displace the silicone covers than just pushing straight up and down.

Last edited:

miss MiA

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2009
Chicago, IL
You must be talking about the 2-piece adapter design.. not the "threaded together" 3-piece style.

Two-piece as far as I can tell (lest one counts the silicone covers); silver; from both Altsmoke and Good Prophets. (Also have one-piece gold-toned ones from HC.) 510 to 901/808, as y'all are talking about. The screwdriver tip came up in one of those sub-forums too awhile back, but the glee and exclaiming somehow stopped when I asked this same question. So still I've been left to wonder... Or wait, are you toyin with me mister?? Is the "threaded-together 3-piece style" one that only Santa and the Easter Bunny can get??

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
Two-piece as far as I can tell (lest one counts the silicone covers); silver; from both Altsmoke and Good Prophets. (Also have one-piece gold-toned ones from HC.) 510 to 901/808, as y'all are talking about. The screwdriver tip came up in one of those sub-forums too awhile back, but the glee and exclaiming somehow stopped when I asked this same question. So still I've been left to wonder... Or wait, are you toyin with me mister?? Is the "threaded-together 3-piece style" one that only Santa and the Easter Bunny can get??

If memory serves me correctly... (which is doubtful due to the shameless massacre of my gray matter), I got my threaded-together units from MadVapes.

Or the Easter Bunny.

Maybe the Tooth Fairy.

miss MiA

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2009
Chicago, IL
If memory serves me correctly... (which is doubtful due to the shameless massacre of my gray matter), I got my threaded-together units from MadVapes.

Or the Easter Bunny.

Maybe the Tooth Fairy.

Well I'll be. Yet another detail to give me an OCD-ish tic as I traverse the forums, from wanting yet not wanting to volunteer each time I see an 'adjustable adapter' tip that actually, it depends which 510 > 901/808 adapter one has. Since, altho the center pole almost certainly will appear to move 'successfully'... in reality it might not have mattered. E.g., with the kind I have, the pole will ultimately just end up back where it 'wants' to be, since it must slide into a placement compromise between batt connector end and carto/atty end. (Fortunately, I'm fine with the draw on the ones I have; tho I wasn't so much at first, so either they 'break in' somehow or I just got used to it.)

Mildly curious now tho; just might have to try this other exotic beast you mention someday. About that Tooth Fairy though -- I certainly hope that by the time daylight is approaching, *she's not so weary that she's putting electronic cigarette supplies under childrens' pillows instead of quarters (or $20 bills, or whatever we're up to these days). Otherwise, the inevitable bad press may constitute the biggest threat yet to our cause...

*Disclaimer: Not meant to imply that even in this day and age, all tooth fairies are female.

Last edited:

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
the ones I have also came from madvapes cuz they were a whopping $2.49 apiece and I orderd 1 and the madvapes guy threw in an extra as a freebie... silver in color....up to the post in the other subforum I had been pushing on either the 510 end or the 901 end to center it...i didnt see any interior threads...just when you unscrew the center post if you watch it both ends will move outward at the same time...but then I've not completely taken one apart to see the internals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread