Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I created a thread in the lounge for my vids and pictures, aside from BAM related vids and pics I won't spam this thread with that stuff anymore :) anyone who wants to keep up with the Boomerific plankton pimp series, mtn bike footage, nature pics etc can sub to this thread :)

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
Warming up here.

eb579f352515101bc1665dc601144f51.jpg
c7164fd31bfc14a8e53b45ac8c4ffa33.jpg
a64e885a19add004135183fa0bd2ee85.jpg

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
hey mermaan no, the red is not ultem it is acrylic and is fine really for a door or chip cover but not available as the main body, only trim items. I do plan on playing around with dying some ultem when I get a chance to play but just haven't had the time to play with it yet and do some testing. for me there is a lot of testing involved because of the added multiple heat treating processes I do and the whole vapor polishing process too so I can't really promise anything until I have actually had some R&D time with this...

I'm not even sure at this point what process would work best, weather it's a regular cloth type dye in boiling water that will work best or weather it would wind up involving something more like alcohol inks, and also how all of this would fit into my other processes. I need to test exactly how much penetration I can get and how durable it is and how it reacts to heat treating and vapor polishing. I can't say when or how long it might take me to come up with a satisfactory process with this so honestly no way I can make any promises at all, much less any commitments for it actually happening in this new batch but it is def something I intend on playing with eventually :)

Mermaaan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
California
I'm not even sure at this point what process would work best, weather it's a regular cloth type dye in boiling water that will work best or weather it would wind up involving something more like alcohol inks, and also how all of this would fit into my other processes. I need to test exactly how much penetration I can get and how durable it is and how it reacts to heat treating and vapor polishing. I can't say when or how long it might take me to come up with a satisfactory process with this so honestly no way I can make any promises at all, much less any commitments for it actually happening in this new batch but it is def something I intend on playing with eventually :)

Hey turbo! I kinda figured it was something like like acrylic but had to ask, just in case :)
Would love to see more small video clips of that once you start experimenting! Or even just a photo or two. Maybe even a shop tour featuring the new equipment if you ever have the time (ha! I know you never have enough of that). I just love seeing the process as much as the final product.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
That was a great review Sloth. You are getting really good at the editing. Loved seeing the mods from all angles, & hearing about the different options.
Keep up the good work.
I've been workin hard at it so that means a lot, thank you very much :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread