• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Type of bottles, batteries, to get for the Juice Box?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we need button top batteries? The link that was provided earlier in this thread, those batteries are out of stock. But do we NEED button top batteries?

I am looking at picking this up:

KIT: TL-100 Universal Li-Ion 18650 Battery Charger + 2 18650 Batteries!

any thoughts?

the picture showed shows button tops.
and is a kit. Batteries are upgradeable.
And I do suggest button tops Although I have not received my JB yet but button tops are used on many mods.

Trying to remember all the places to buy in states.
i have trustfire 2500mah as I didn't see wasting for 2600 or 3000 due to almost same rating.

Last edited:

Darmeen

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
TX USA
the picture showed shows button tops.
and is a kit. Batteries are upgradeable.
And I do suggest button tops Although I have not received my JB yet but button tops are used on many mods.

Trying to remember all the places to buy in states.
i have trustfire 2500mah as I didn't see wasting for 2600 or 3000 due to almost same rating.

Does the JB require button top batteries though?

Darmeen

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
TX USA
I believe not as Someone I know with a JB had flat tops in it working.
But 99% of flattops are not protected if I Recall. I May be wrong
are your flat tops protected?

they stopped using them due to them most likely unprotected.

I don't have anything right now...getting my batt's and charger for my JB so I am ready to roll when it gets here.

Darmeen

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
TX USA
ya im trying to find you some links to us based shops that have everything in stock..
the 2500 or 2600 is my suggestion generally can last longer then the 3000.
depending on the drain your putting on it.

It's somewhere on the forum here for batteries like lighthound & 2 more in states.

Yeah, finding a place in the states is the hard part...found a charger with 2400mAh batts but with $12 shipping, that is brutal.

Yeah, finding a place in the states is the hard part...found a charger with 2400mAh batts but with $12 shipping, that is brutal.

your telling me... Its harder searching for something in the forum.
IM going thru my posts looking for the info.

Found it.
battery junction
thecustomsabershop.com
hightechdealz.com
lighthound.com
dealextreme.com China

that might help ya some.

Last edited:

Darmeen

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
TX USA
your telling me... Its harder searching for something in the forum.
IM going thru my posts looking for the info.

Found it.
battery junction
thecustomsabershop.com
hightechdealz.com
lighthound.com
dealextreme.com China

that might help ya some.

Cool thanks...yeah Battery Junction apparently had a fire and you can't anything right now.

Ralph T

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
The positive terminal in the box has a large glob of solder on it(on mine anyway).I guess it's made for a flat-top but my batts have the dimple and seems to cause no problem.If I ordered new ones I'd get the dimple tops.

The big solder blob on mine is behind the + contact dimple where the wire is soldered on. Because it is offset like that, the Tenergy flat top 18650 doesn't make contact. The part of the battery that contacts the blob is the shrink wrap insulation. :( Fortunately I also had some ultra-fires with button tops.

The negative side is just as jacked up. It is such a tight squeeze that no matter how I approach putting the battery in the spring gets squished down and backwards.

Big Daddy

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Western central Illinois
For the last 4 days I've been using AW IMR26650 4000mah batteries in my JB and WOW it hits like a 6volt mod with a lot less flooding . I was having a lot of flooding problem before but with these bats it will cook right through a flooded atty . I also have some 25500 "C" size that I'm trying with a spacer. They work but not as good as the AW 26650 bats . The 26650 are a little to big in Dia. for the case but it just is open a little on one side. I got the 26650's from Batteryspace.com kind of high priced but so far well worth to me.
John

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt

JDSupreme

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA

Big Daddy

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Western central Illinois
LiMnNiCo Rechargeable 26650 Cell: 3.7V 4000 mAh, 10A rated 14.8Wh

Is this the one you're talking about? It's basically the same as a aw high drain 18650 battery, right?

What is the size difference between the two? More specifically, how much of a difference in circumference is there?

Thanks.

Clyde
Thats the one . It is an AW high drain only bigger , it's 26mm dia. instead of 18mm so the case on the JB will NOT fully close over the battery , with the 25500 lition the case will close all the way.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread