U.S.P. Glycerin "do not ingest" is this VG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DyZiE

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
Monterey, Ca
so i called every feed store and pharmacy within an hr and couldnt find PG. a few speciality pharmacies had it but wouldnt sell it to me...
anyway thats not what im posting about. i decided to use VG, i bought a bottle of equaline "u.s.p. glycerin" it has no lable except a waring on the back about calling poison control if you ingest it. is this the right stuff? it was about $3 for 118ml.

and btw is flavor extracts from the store the same as loranns flavors? i know loranns flavors dont have all the extra water and alcohol. but is it still the same basic product? would the alcohol in the product hurt an atty? alcohol does burn at a higher temp.

anyway just really want to know about the glycerin first. its pretty thick, so im pretty sure that id have to cut it with something before i could vap it. is water okay?

s4pat

May 6, 2009
morgantown, wv
so i called every feed store and pharmacy within an hr and couldnt find PG. a few speciality pharmacies had it but wouldnt sell it to me...
anyway thats not what im posting about. i decided to use VG, i bought a bottle of equaline "u.s.p. glycerin" it has no lable except a waring on the back about calling poison control if you ingest it. is this the right stuff? it was about $3 for 118ml.

and btw is flavor extracts from the store the same as loranns flavors? i know loranns flavors dont have all the extra water and alcohol. but is it still the same basic product? would the alcohol in the product hurt an atty? alcohol does burn at a higher temp.

anyway just really want to know about the glycerin first. its pretty thick, so im pretty sure that id have to cut it with something before i could vap it. is water okay?

ask your walmart or sams pharmacy to order this for you: (about $10/pint):
paddock labs propylene glycol, usp. NDC: 00574-0072-16

should have it next day, so call ahead.

DyZiE

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
Monterey, Ca
Ha what a coinsidence, i didnt return to this thread after i posted it yesterday. i ended up using the glycerin and while i was out and about last night i stopped by walmart to pick up some hangers and decided to ask the pharmacy, they ordered it for me, 8.75 for 480 ml. beautiful.

then i get home and see that u.s.p. is good and i should order the PG thru walmart. the only problem with walmart is that i life in monterey, which is a very very very very commerce controlled area, the only walmart withing 30 mins is tiny and has to follow very strict sizing limitations. its really nice thou cause this is the only place ive ever been with this many independently owned lil shop-in-a-wall places EVERYWHERE.

anywho i made a djarum black concoction using alcohol to extract the nicotine and flavor, and glycerin to cut it. ill post the recipe up later, for now i need to work on it. i got friggin clouds and clouds of the smoothest vapor ive every had. but i think i deff need more flavor and i have to work on preserving more of the nicotine. also no throat hit what-so-ever.

thx for the help.

DyZiE

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
Monterey, Ca
"a few specialty pharmacies had it but wouldn't sell it to me..."
Just curious..why wouldn't they sell it to you? Is there a ban? do you have to be over a certain age? Any law against selling it?

nah theres no ban or restrictions, but youll find (at least i have) that most pharmacy workers tend to judge ppl by appearances, and think that anyone buying anything without a perscription is a junkie tying to make junkie drugs. i was trying to buy PG the other day and after a few funny looks and finally a "what do you use it for" i told the lady that i like to mix it with drano and inject it into my eyeballs so that i can see ingorance. and if i hadnt of ran out i would have known better before i asked her for some PG.

some ppl.

ever notice that pharmacies have signs up that they wont sell you syringes without a perscription. like a junkies going to quit b/c he/she cant get a clean syringe. theyre just helping the spread of disease. sheesh.

some of the smarter states have adopted syringe exchange programs to try to stop the spread of disease among drug users.

eh anyway to answer your question, no there are no laws governing glycerin (vg) or propylene glycol (pg). there both over the counter and vg in its u.s.p. form is safe for human consumption. actually if you shove it up your a** it makes an insta-laxative. On a side note if you look in the cake mix aisle or the skin car isle you can usualy find Glycerin just make sure its U.S.P. and/or food grade.

rfun6

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2009
Tennessee ....
I know what you can tell them. Glycerin can be use for skin. I worked for a little in a clothing factory and we had bottles of it to use on our fingers, to keep the fabric from sticking together, so we could separate it. Also if you didn't use it, your fingers would get raw. So you can tell people it is for sewing, or crafts, or for skin. Something along those lines. I asked the lady at walmart and she looked at me strange. Said she didn't know what it was. I explained I used it on skin while sewing. She still didn't know. But another lady working heard me and said, I think it is over by liquid bandages and skin care. Sure enough, that's where we found it. So maybe you can try that.

happily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
anchorage, ak
I learned the hard way that you can't use just any old Loranns for flavoring. There is a list around here somewhere with the flavors that are "safe". I used banana and gunked up a few atomizers beyond repair until I found the list and figured it out.
I got Glycerin at Rite Aid, can't remember how much it cost, but it's right kind.
weird I've been running a lot of banana the last 3 weeks, not probs yet
"a few specialty pharmacies had it but wouldn't sell it to me..."
Just curious..why wouldn't they sell it to you? Is there a ban? do you have to be over a certain age? Any law against selling it?
tell them it's to make fog in your child's toy Zero Vapor Toys: Zero Toys Online Store

happily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
anchorage, ak
Ha what a coinsidence, i didnt return to this thread after i posted it yesterday. i ended up using the glycerin and while i was out and about last night i stopped by walmart to pick up some hangers and decided to ask the pharmacy, they ordered it for me, 8.75 for 480 ml. beautiful.

then i get home and see that u.s.p. is good and i should order the PG thru walmart. the only problem with walmart is that i life in monterey, which is a very very very very commerce controlled area, the only walmart withing 30 mins is tiny and has to follow very strict sizing limitations. its really nice thou cause this is the only place ive ever been with this many independently owned lil shop-in-a-wall places EVERYWHERE.

anywho i made a djarum black concoction using alcohol to extract the nicotine and flavor, and glycerin to cut it. ill post the recipe up later, for now i need to work on it. i got friggin clouds and clouds of the smoothest vapor ive every had. but i think i deff need more flavor and i have to work on preserving more of the nicotine. also no throat hit what-so-ever.

thx for the help.
pg will give u throat hit..........vg makes nice clouds

snap6cat

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
Connecticut,USA
I just bought a bottle of vg 100% pure. It is real thick do I need to cut this with something to make it thinner?
Probably not, most just add some(less than 50%) to their e-juice. Yes it is VERY thick if you use too much I do not think it will wick, I use it to cut nicotine levels a bit, about 10-20% only. Try it and see if you like it.
David

Mua

Jun 15, 2009
Northeast Tennessee
i was trying to buy PG the other day and after a few funny looks and finally a "what do you use it for" i told the lady that i like to mix it with drano and inject it into my eyeballs so that i can see ingorance. and if i hadnt of ran out i would have known better before i asked her for some PG.

OMG, you cracked me up with that,... I gotta remember this one !!

HighTech

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2009
USA
nah theres no ban or restrictions, but youll find (at least i have) that most pharmacy workers tend to judge ppl by appearances, and think that anyone buying anything without a perscription is a junkie tying to make junkie drugs. i was trying to buy PG the other day and after a few funny looks and finally a "what do you use it for" i told the lady that i like to mix it with drano and inject it into my eyeballs so that i can see ingorance. and if i hadnt of ran out i would have known better before i asked her for some PG.

some ppl.

ever notice that pharmacies have signs up that they wont sell you syringes without a perscription. like a junkies going to quit b/c he/she cant get a clean syringe. theyre just helping the spread of disease. sheesh.

some of the smarter states have adopted syringe exchange programs to try to stop the spread of disease among drug users.

eh anyway to answer your question, no there are no laws governing glycerin (vg) or propylene glycol (pg). there both over the counter and vg in its u.s.p. form is safe for human consumption. actually if you shove it up your a** it makes an insta-laxative. On a side note if you look in the cake mix aisle or the skin car isle you can usualy find Glycerin just make sure its U.S.P. and/or food grade.

That's just funny right there, I don't care who you are! Get 'er Done! ;)

PrairieJim

Jun 19, 2009
Q: What is in the fluid?
A: A water based non-toxic liquid that is similar to the fluid used in special effects fog machines. The Fluid consists of Distilled Water, Glycerin (a USP kosher food additive) and Propylene Glycol (a USP kosher food additive)

Looks like it's just plain unflavored PG. A 3oz bottle sells for $3.95. I guess Health Canada is going to ban those toys....

RandallFlagg

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Denver, Co, USA
Confetti said:
There is a list around here somewhere with the flavors that are "safe".

flavortable1.jpg

flavortable2.jpg

flavortable3.jpg

Sorry for the small text, but the list's all there for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread