UD Bellus ALWAYS leaking after refilling

Status
Not open for further replies.

olokos

Dec 13, 2015
Poland, Warsaw
Hi,

I've been using UD Bellus interchangably with UD Zephyrus V2 and the problem with the Bellus is that it ALWAYS, literally, every time, every coil, leaks. I've had issues with atomizer short, I got a suggestion that changing the oring might help and it did. I thought refilling issue will also be gone, but no. Every time I refill it, airholes closed, top cap unscrewed, liquid in, unscrew the airholes and there will be always liquid pouring out of it. Not much, just about 0.5ml, but still, incredibly annoying that I have to get myself dirty and acquire toilet paper before filling it makes it bad.

Any tips? I'm always using dual coils, no problem with Zephyrus v2, just bellus and I've used it for about 3-6 months.

Thank you.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Yeah that happens with atty you have to remove the cap to fill

Have you tried a kayfun fill stile. Fill tank... start threading cap then flip over and tighten cap.... this allows the air in the tank to be pushed out when the cap screws down instead of forcing juice out.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Reactions: olokos

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Try to think of it this way =-
The contents of the tank is a column of juice suspended above the wick which acts as a conduit to the coil.
The internal resistance of the cotton and the negative pressure above the liquid at the top of the tank are the forces that prevent the juice from pouring out the bottom. A short wick will provide a nice short distance from the juice to the coil, but may not have enough resistance. A long wick may have enough resistance, but be too long to wick efficiently enough to prevent a dry hit. The density of the wicking is also a factor.
It's a balancing act.

Of course if either of these wicks isn't blocking the juice channel the wick sits in, you are going to have leaks.

When you take off the top-cap to fill the tank, you are equalizing the negative pressure. At this point only the internal resistance of the wick is holding the juice back, which is why you only have a small window of time to replace the cap before you get leaking. On the Bellus this is in my experience about a minute. Closing the airholes when filling makes no difference in my opinion.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
The Belus has a design Flaw :( Any top fill bottom coil tank has to have a JFC/Shutoff, with out this the vacuum in the tank is released with the top cap removed & juice floods the deck or leaks out.
Unfortunately we see this with several of the earlier released top fill tanks, with some you can pack the cotton in tight & slow the leaking/flooding, when filling. This will increase your chance of dry hits in normal use. You can also remove the deck & fill from the bottom with a needle, a bit of a hassle. But bottom line it is a design flaw :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread