New Youde RTA the Bellus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
I'm really tempted to pick one up and use in in a single coil setup as I'm a tootler and MTL user. I assume I can close the airflow down enough to make that work. I don't mind a looser MTL, so it could work out, and I'd like to avoid the leaking issues I've read about with the Griffin. So far I've had great luck with both my Serpent mini and Merlin staying dry, and I really hate leaks.
I'm a tootler myself and got one using one side for building and it worked great. Love this tank.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I'm a tootler myself and got one using one side for building and it worked great. Love this tank.

Went ahead an ordered one of these today. MVS had it on sale for $24.95 in silver. I can always use another single coil tank, and I like the lines it. It's a slick looking tank.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Went ahead an ordered one of these today. MVS had it on sale for $24.95 in silver. I can always use another single coil tank, and I like the lines it. It's a slick looking tank.
I hope you clicked on getting the news letter for 10% off, even if you did it last time you will still get it. Well unless they changed something.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
It really is. Nice to have an option for duel coils as well. :) Just make sure your leads are trimmed way down and not touching the insulator blocking the second air hole if doing singles.

Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I hope you clicked on getting the news letter for 10% off, even if you did it last time you will still get it. Well unless they changed something.

Oops. Never thought to check if doing that again would work. I order lots from there, good prices, excellent service, and they're close enough to me that plain ground or USPS delivery is next day anyway, so there's that savings as well.

Reactions: dwcraig1

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Oops. Never thought to check if doing that again would work. I order lots from there, good prices, excellent service, and they're close enough to me that plain ground or USPS delivery is next day anyway, so there's that savings as well.
I'm getting ready to buy another one, I wish they had black, I have some bonus bucks built up from my nic purchases.
I'm vaping one of their's as I'm typing this.

Reactions: Eskie and MMW

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Mine just arrived. Nice looking tank. I'm having trouble figuring out one aspect of the deck. The airflow comes in from the sides, so what's the purpose of that little round hole between the posts that looks like an airflow hole but isn't? It can't be where the wick would go, as it would be directly under the coil (assuming the coil was facing that way). I assume the wick would be to those side channels.

ruet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
GR, MI
Mine just arrived. Nice looking tank. I'm having trouble figuring out one aspect of the deck. The airflow comes in from the sides, so what's the purpose of that little round hole between the posts that looks like an airflow hole but isn't? It can't be where the wick would go, as it would be directly under the coil (assuming the coil was facing that way). I assume the wick would be to those side channels.

I believe it's the anchor point for the single-coil stopper.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Wow, that was quick.

Tell me about it. It's one of the things I love about MVS. Stuff gets shipped really fast and because they're geographically close to me, I get things next day through plain mail which cuts my shipping costs. It's too bad they don't have a retail store. It would be fun to visit.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
I will. Unfortunately, I have to travel to deal with a family health problem, so I probably won't get a chance to play with it until I get back. But it's all washed and dried, so it will be my next build when I return.
Hope everything will be ok.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Whelp, finally got around to my first build on it. Made a nice 26g 1.2 ohm single coil, wicked it up, filled the tank, and watched it flood and leak. Despite being advertised as leak free on the box with a "100% leak free design". Right.

Took it all apart. Rinsed and cleaned everything. Went over every o ring to make sure they looked OK. Realized I didn't put the single coil adapter in.:facepalm:

Let you all know how it is after it dries out and I rewick it.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
Whelp, finally got around to my first build on it. Made a nice 26g 1.2 ohm single coil, wicked it up, filled the tank, and watched it flood and leak. Despite being advertised as leak free on the box with a "100% leak free design". Right.

Took it all apart. Rinsed and cleaned everything. Went over every o ring to make sure they looked OK. Realized I didn't put the single coil adapter in.:facepalm:

Let you all know how it is after it dries out and I rewick it.
:eek: Yeah, that might create a problem.

Reactions: Eskie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread