Uh oh...I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Yeah, I've been away for a while. I've been insanely busy with a huge project and getting things warmed up but I'm back in the mix soooooo...

I have a couple new vids out.

The first one is a simple bit where I address a little bit of the misinformation and mis-perceptions which have been floating around and the second is a Q&A video where I answer some questions I've gotten from people through email and youtube.

I'm working on a second Q&A video now and will be posting more up as I get the questions rolling in.

Here are the latest vids;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKXMMkIdW0s

This is the myths and mis-perceptions video and I'd like to take a moment to state, very clearly, that I'm not calling anyone out by name and will not do so, at this time. I've gotten quite a few messages from people telling me that I've "thrown them under the bus" and that I'm making life tough for reviewers and other people making videos.

Here's what I have to say to that; If you feel like this video throws you under the bus, I'd recommend taking a step back and having a look at what you're doing because if you're in to any of the things I describe, you may just be doing it wrong.

Here's the second video;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5GKPyH598w

Simple Q&A. I have a bunch more questions I've been hit with over the last several days and I'm looking forward to handling them and all the rest people send in to me. (Yes, I know you're not supposed to run LR atties on batteries under 440mAh. I'll be explaining WHY, in depth in my next video...since someone asked.)

I've missed all of you and I'm looking forward to hearing from some old friends!

Rob

EDIT : Ok, well, apparently we're not allowed to post videos wherein we use naughty words so I've just posted the youtube links. You guys know ME. I have a bit of a mouth on me.

Last edited:

CapableVapable

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2010
U.S.
I'm too new to the community to really know who you are, but if that first video is anything to go by, I greatly look forward to hearing more from you in the future. There's a distinct lack of individuals--both in the forums and on Youtube--that seem willing to go against the flow and say anything that could ever be construed as controversial. Between vendor fanboys and forum "scientists", this place often has the feel of one big CJ. Your voice, whether people agree with you or not, is a rather nice change of pace.

Mister Hyde

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2010
Florida
I'm too new to the community to really know who you are, but if that first video is anything to go by, I greatly look forward to hearing more from you in the future. There's a distinct lack of individuals--both in the forums and on Youtube--that seem willing to go against the flow and say anything that could ever be construed as controversial. Between vendor fanboys and forum "scientists", this place often has the feel of one big CJ. Your voice, whether people agree with you or not, is a rather nice change of pace.

Agree with you 100%
most of the so called reviewers are not good at reviewing products, its more of a commercial. We need more people like Terraphone that are not afraid of speaking up and be truthfull about the products they are reviewing.
too many fanboys doing reviews.

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
I do reviews and these videos inspired me to pay close attention to what I say and to make them to the best of my ability. Thanks for that.

Awesome stuff! I know that a lot of the reviewers out there are honest and have a great deal of integrity and I'm glad to see the ones who do coming forward and banding together.

We can't all be perfect, all of the time but as long as we try our hardest, we can't really be faulted.

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
welcome back, rob! you were definitely missed!!!

Thank you :) I'm glad to be back and making videos. I still have some reviews to get out (I have a bunch of gear here) and those will come soon...In the meantime I'm testing out some other stuff and working on picking up more and more goodies for review.

94_FLSTN

ECF Veteran
Hey Rob, Watched several of your videos and find most to be helpful and informative. One thing though, on the "Myths .." vid, you call out Lorann oils for being a cause of carbon build-up due to sugar content. I haven't used LO extensively but, the little I have used them, I haven't found that to be a problem. After viewing your video I checked the Lorann site because I didn't think that their oils contained sugar. Sure enough, none of the super strength oils (except Maple) contain sugar. So, I'm wondering if you might've made an assumption and jumped the shark on this one or if there are particular oils that you may have used which contained sugar and/or damaged attys.

BTW, I have no connection or relation with Lorann Oils in any shape, form or fashion. I just know that a lot of folks use or sell LO flavors and wouldn't want to see a company/vedor rep damaged unnecessarily.

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Hey Rob, Watched several of your videos and find most to be helpful and informative. One thing though, on the "Myths .." vid, you call out Lorann oils for being a cause of carbon build-up due to sugar content. I haven't used LO extensively but, the little I have used them, I haven't found that to be a problem. After viewing your video I checked the Lorann site because I didn't think that their oils contained sugar. Sure enough, none of the super strength oils (except Maple) contain sugar. So, I'm wondering if you might've made an assumption and jumped the shark on this one or if there are particular oils that you may have used which contained sugar and/or damaged attys.

BTW, I have no connection or relation with Lorann Oils in any shape, form or fashion. I just know that a lot of folks use or sell LO flavors and wouldn't want to see a company/vedor rep damaged unnecessarily.

Well, it does look like the Lorann oils are "sugar free" (at least they advertise them that way) but a lot of the other flavored oils have sugar(s) in them. There's also the issue that Lorann oils are "mostly soluble in water" which tells me there's some form of solids in there which aren't "in solution" but, rather, in suspension. Since Lorann doesn't publish a list of ingredients that I'm aware of I'll still recommend people stay away from them, especially with my direct knowledge and tons of anecdotal evidence which very strongly suggests they clog and carbonize atomizers.

I stand by my statement, fully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread