UHG too many options!! (i dont know what to do)

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveo9043

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2011
Chicago IL
So I have been throwing around the idea of getting a mod (provari, lavetube, etc)

Last night my one Ego fell out of my pocket getting into my car and by the time i realized it and found it, it had been laying in water for 30 minute. Battery is shot.

Now I am down to only 1 battery!

There are so many options out there that i don't want to make the wrong decision.

Wants
-LONG battery life (2 ego 650mah batteries with LR atty's will last me around 18 hours) Want 1 that will go all day
-VV
-510 connector
-slim (i dont mean skinny but I dont want a box mod)
-On/off
-shows battery life

Please give some advice and if you have personal experience with what you are suggesting. I would like to not go over $200 which puts the provari right on the fence.

Keeno

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Indiana
If the Provari is on the "fence" consider the Buzz Pro as well. I have the Lava Tube and it operates well enough for me to not really need either of the previous mentioned as all three are the same form factor...tubular mods. The Buzz Pro will run you around 30.00 cheaper once all is said and done and that would include batteries and charger. Take a look at the infinity pro as well.....same functionality as the Buzz Pro but a bit different form factor:

Notcigs

Last edited:

Keeno

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Indiana
Go to volcanoecigs.com They are selling the kit with everything you need for 99.00. They offer great customer support and are very helpful with any issues. Also the Lava Tube sold by Volcano comes with a 1 year warranty. I too used and still use the Ego-T system....personally I really like it but it was just time to step up to variable voltage....:)

The Lava Tube is a decent mod and I enjoy it alot. The kit is a great deal IMO

Link:

http://www.volcanoecigs.com/lavatube.html

Last edited:

Keeno

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Indiana
THE CYLON VV MOD 80 bux for the same kit...called the Cylon and is the same as the LavaTube...I would also get some 3ohm Boge cartos and/or some 2ohm dual coil cartos.................
madjack:2cool:

Awesome advice but we don't want to totally overwhelm quite yet.....:)

EDIT: Same kit with the exception of the 3 month vs. 1 year warranty which may be important to him.

Last edited:

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Last edited:

madsen6466

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 8, 2011
    tennessee
    if you don't feel like going VV - I am enjoying my new silver bullet. sturdy as the day is long and my 3100 mah batteries last forever. it cost me 125 to get set up with a new bullet and two batteries (i got the biggest ones they had) and a charger... but now that I've got batteries and a charger I'll be set to pick up a vari without all the extras when the time comes.

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    if you don't feel like going VV - I am enjoying my new silver bullet. sturdy as the day is long and my 3100 mah batteries last forever. it cost me 125 to get set up with a new bullet and two batteries (i got the biggest ones they had) and a charger... but now that I've got batteries and a charger I'll be set to pick up a vari without all the extras when the time comes.

I too love my SB, and I still say it is what a mod is suppose to be like, but only a few measure up to.

Hopefully - maybe - perhaps - finally - Evolve will get the Kick finished, and then it will also be one of the finest VV mods as well.

steveo9043

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2011
    Chicago IL
    I too love my SB, and I still say it is what a mod is suppose to be like, but only a few measure up to.

Hopefully - maybe - perhaps - finally - Evolve will get the Kick finished, and then it will also be one of the finest VV mods as well.

Wait you mean there are MORE vv mods coming! OH NO! :( lol more confusion!

tearose50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Tennessee :-)
    Buy another ego or riva kit. It's always good to have back ups AND you know you've been happy with them. You may like the 900 mAh batteries for longer life. Plus, puddles do exist -- you might not want to carry around a high end mod. I did this for months until I found other pocket friendly devices that suited me.

If you prefer to try another mod instead right now do so, but, I wouldn't rush to jump on the VV bandwagon, though I am the first to admit, the price of the Lava Tube (and it's other names) makes it pretty enticing. ( I've not owned a Buzz---but I do think it is a better buy.)

Take a good look and decide what features YOU want -- not what "everyone says". The Provari is very nice and I don't plan to sell it! Start saving now -- because I've found that if you really want one, you will get it sooner or later. I love the Variable Watts & other features of the Darwin. I also use various 3.7 volt devices as I don't need the extra power or high watts and have become quite fond of non-tube mods!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread