• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

UK laws to be active in a couple years

Status
Not open for further replies.

dliteful

Dec 28, 2012
ontario
I don't see anything wrong with these new restrictions. In fact, I applaud the UK and really hope the FDA hearing coming up takes a similar stance. They are not banning the product like Brazil and Norway. People will still be able to get them over the counter without a prescription.
They are trying to assure the quality and safety of the products. Let's face it, regulation of some kind is bound to happen everywhere.
I also really agree with the following:
[Deborah Arnott, chief executive of ASH, said: "MHRA regulation can ensure that adult smokers can continue to be able to buy e-cigarettes as easily as tobacco, but promotion to children or non-smokers will be prohibited."]

Esharp

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2012
London, Ontario
Am I missing something here? I thought I read that it was going to be regulated as a medicine. Can you say prescription. I'm sure that will be affordable. No one here at ECF wants to see e-cigs promoted to minors or non smokers. And I'm sure we would all like to see quality and safety improve in regards to e-cigs. But if e-cigs are 99% safer than tobacco and you improve on that and make it 99.5% safer, well BP will probably jack up the price 20 times. Vapors will be smokers once again. The only real silver lining I saw in this was the date 2016, it gives them time to fight this.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
While they state it will be regulated as a medicine, it will be available "over the counter". No prescription necessary. Obviously they didn't look at the court cases in the US when the FDA got spanked for attempting to classify e-cigs as a medical device.

What this does, however, is kill the little guy. Juice will have to be "licensed" and the manufacturing process will have to comply with "clean room" standards, raising the price of ejuice considerably.

Not sure how this will affect the DIY market.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread