Understanding Mod Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'd say decrease your TEMP and RAMP up, not change the TCR. The TCR is correct, it's just that it can often be assumed that 420F is "safe" so that's the "best" top temperature. It very well may not be for you and your wick, you should SEE some of the puny temps that I vape at, but I'm a MTL vaper so most of my coils (whether drop in or self-built) are not designed to achieve MAX temperature, or HIGH wattage, that some other builds and tanks might need and require. I was actually quite shocked at how low I could go and still get a satisfying vape (that closely resembles my non-TC vape, which actually makes me happy as I'm fairly convinced that the wattages and juices I use will NOT overheat, unless I chain-vape them. When I added 10% DW to my max VG, my temps got even cooler (and oddly, tastier) and my coils last longer.

Just because my car can go up to 180 miles an hour (well, that's a fictitious example, I'd say it's high speed, downhill, might reach 120) doesn't mean I have to drive it that way.

JMO, but good luck!

Anna

Reactions: dobroeutro

aecnrn

Jan 6, 2013
Malaysia
I'd say decrease your TEMP and RAMP up, not change the TCR

Thanks Anna,

I'm a little confuse though, some said we have to dial TCR to improve accuracy of the temp control. So firing 420F on a dry cotton shouldn't burn the cotton right?? 420F being the burn point of organic cotton. Once TCR is set, only then we set the temp and wattage. Correct me if i'm wrong.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

aecnrn

Jan 6, 2013
Malaysia
What model mod are you using? Does it come with a preset SS316 mode? Have you tried that?
In addition TC depends on the room temperature reading of the coil to start out and needs to be fairly accurate reading of the ohm

Beam,

I'm using Smoant Knight V2, and yes, I compared the room temp resistance on my dna40, they are fairly close. +-0.01

I did try the default SS mode, with juice though, it fires quite violently. I'm afraid firing dry cotton wont give any good results.

My goal is to calibrate the mod as accurate as possible before setting the temp and wattage. Does that matter?

My set up:

Wire: SS316L 28AWG
Resistance: 0.61 ohm
Max wattage: 14w

Here is what Smoant publish on their site, i don't quite understand how to set the TCR using their table though.
upload_2017-12-16_1-19-29.png

Yes, aecern, I apologize, I think I misunderstood your question. Although I think Beamslider has the right answer for you...

Anna

No worries Anna. Cheers! :)

-Aaron-

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread