510 Vs. 510 LR Vs. Tank Vs. Clearomizer CE2 - REVIEW

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixiedust

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2011
Nevada
I like clearomizers, I bought some for my KR808 and they worked so well I got some XL ones for my ego batteries. My only 'wish' is that I would dearly love a whistle tip for them. They send you a tiny drip tip with every pack of 5 but it's stupid small. I'm going to keep using them and chill on buying new stuff for awhile until I'm convinced that what I'm buying is a real improvement over these.

froginblender

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
hollywood, Fl.
The ce2's produce more vapor and flavor on a lower voltage. They wick the best around 3.4 volts imho on the 3 ohm. Try turning down the volts a tad to help with the burning. Its amazing the amount of vapor and flavor they will put out with such little effort compared to anything else out there atm with the same ohm rating. 3 ohm CE2r4 acts better then most LR's out there and all the LR's will burn if you dump too much voltage into them or hit them too fast.

I use a drip tip on mine, and i dont use the 2nd insert anymore either as I'm not having problem with leaking without it.

hey there,
i've heard good, and alot of bad about these things, do you have a good link on youtube that tells me exactly how to mod it, to accept a drip tip.
And why are there varying responses to these ce2's ? Some like it , some say it gives them burn tastes all the time....i use 100 % VG usually, will this be a dealkiller for me and them? i don't like too much pg it might be too thick the VG huh?

Anyway i also heard the metal ce2's are less prone to breakage then the clearomizers....yes?
thanks for any help...
p.s i've got a great page i made to make a LR atty into a hybrid carto.....using filler around wick and 6 drops or 4 cigs worth of vapeage with this mod i made..
go here n check it out....everybody whose tried it says it 's the bomb.
Atomizer Tutorial Mod.
:evil::vapor:

DivaB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2010
Ohio
This is my honest review also, and I stand by the clearomizer, I use the xl 510, 2.4 -2.6 ohm with no burnt taste and has been fine with all of my e juice. I make 24mg and most are 20% vg; however some are 50/50 mix. I am not a light vapor and vape non stop. I try not to keep track so that it doesn't freak me out, but I'm guessing by my refills that I go through approximately 8ml a day...definitely 6ml. (yes it is beside me while in bed too)...but I used to be a 3 pack a day smoker, so no matter what the amount is that I vape, I am still doing better health wise. I have not had luck with the other ohms though, seems I'm stuck with the 2.4 -2.6 ohm. I love being able to see how much is left, where I'm at on filling, and the fact that they hold so much. I actually ran into this thread because I was ...... going from supplier to supplier trying to find clearomizers to reorder and they were all sold out and I actually was hoping to find someone here who still had some left. (haven't found yet, at least not at the correct ohm). They last forever, and if the plastic shell cracks, I just MOD over to a syringe. They are easy to clean too. The only thing I don't like is having to carry a syringe with me.

vereybowring

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2011
A Cave In Stirling, Scotland.
I have only been vaping a week and I think the clearomizers give me the best flavour out of multiple cartomizers and atomizers I have been trying all week in the search for the best set-up for me.

I have the r4 3.0-3.2 Ohm version of the normal and XL and have had no problems with dry burn or bad taste.
All I taste is the flavour of whatever juice I'm using and I've tried a fair few including a 100% VG juice with no problems at all.

I agree however the little rubber tip that comes with them is far too small but I have taken to using a delrin drip tip on them anyway.

The juice capacity is fantastic and you can see how much juice you have left without any effort.
That alone makes them worthwhile as I have already got several instances of horrible burnt taste from carts and cartomizers.
I am a heavy vaper and get through a fair amount of juice so these are a must have for me to last any length of time.

As to the filling I find that a walk in the park too since I did some nursing training and find using the syringe a piece of cake and much cleaner with zero wastage since I can see exactly when to stop filling.

All in all I wouldn't use anything else at the moment and have ordered more so I can have many flavours all ready to go whenever I feel like it.
I even found dismantling and cleaning them so much easier than cartomizers with filler as there is no need to wait for filler to dry.

The biggest issue is like DivaB says, finding stock to buy as everywhere always seems sold out.
If push comes to shove I'll buy the solid CE2r4's XL if I can't get the clear variety as I find the build and usage the best option for me all round.
:vapor:

Dirgon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2011
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Just Drip.

I really wish people would stop acting like that's the best way to do things. Dripping is a huge hassle for some (myself included.) I want to vape nonstop, not drip 3 drops every 5 pulls into my attie.

That said, the eGo-Ts do suck. I thought they were great, while I was still in the dark about everything else.

On the OPs comment that TW puts their logo on the tank atties and it doesn't line up with the battery button. Keep in mind that EVERY attie and battery are threaded differently. It'll line up on someone's battery A, but not on their battery B. For example, I have tank atties from Cignot. The Cignot writing lines up with the battery button on one of mine, but not the other two.

Switched from the eGo-T to 2ohm boge cartos, really like them. Flavor and ease of fill is great.

Putting CE2-Xs from gotvapes through their paces right now. Not sure how they compare the "old" version of the clearos, but so far I'm happy with these. Had to mod the tops a bit to get drip tips to fit (heated them with a lighter and pushed the drip tips in to flare out the top a bit) and my first was cracked at the base, but otherwise.... happy. :p In comparison to the boge cartos, they're harder to fill, less flavor, but the vapor production is insane. I wasn't expecting that much vapor from 2.4-2.6 ohm on an eGo battery. They're double and then some compared to the tanks, and quite a bit more than the 2ohm boges.

Now if boge made a clear carto (even with the polyfill) just I could see how saturated the polyfill was.... I'd use them exclusively.

sugismimi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
SOUTH CAROLINA
This is my first week using the Tank.
I was aprehensive about it, but had to try for myself, I've heard the flavors are weak, and the vapor is also.
I got my set monday this week, and today is thursday, the battery out of the box lasted that long before i had to charge it . To that I say Awesome!!!!
I have a hard time with flavors in my juice, I like them very strong, so I took to DIY, and make all my own juices, at a minimum i mix flavors at 20%, some flavors i like even more. So, the flavor in the Tank was a lil disappointing as I was hoping it would taste as good as it does in my Riva, but that part is true, the flavors are weaker. Ill have to adjust the recipes... now for the vapor, I am really impressed with the vapor, driving down the highway and exhaling has become dangerous since i can't see thru the vapor. I get a lot, and the throat hit, it's very satisfying.
If someone asked me what I thot about the TANK, i'd tell them to get it!!!!
P.S.
I'm close to 1 YEAR no analogs!!! wooo hoooo!!!!!

jcarter

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2011
North Alabama
This is my first week using the Tank.
I was aprehensive about it, but had to try for myself, I've heard the flavors are weak, and the vapor is also.
I got my set monday this week, and today is thursday, the battery out of the box lasted that long before i had to charge it . To that I say Awesome!!!!
I have a hard time with flavors in my juice, I like them very strong, so I took to DIY, and make all my own juices, at a minimum i mix flavors at 20%, some flavors i like even more. So, the flavor in the Tank was a lil disappointing as I was hoping it would taste as good as it does in my Riva, but that part is true, the flavors are weaker. Ill have to adjust the recipes... now for the vapor, I am really impressed with the vapor, driving down the highway and exhaling has become dangerous since i can't see thru the vapor. I get a lot, and the throat hit, it's very satisfying.
If someone asked me what I thot about the TANK, i'd tell them to get it!!!!
P.S.
I'm close to 1 YEAR no analogs!!! wooo hoooo!!!!!

Biggest problem with the tank for me has been the flavor and the attys kinda lose it after a short time. But, being a noob, I just tried my first LR 510 today, and WOW... that has some kick to it. Can't wait to try all the other gear out there!

The Big Chief

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2009
Anderson, IN
I avoid all and use a cylinder LR. Still have to fill a few times a day, but it works for me. Never even tried the clearos due to constant revisions. That was simply- a clue. Not too impressed with tanks either. Standard or LR. Im sticking with the cylinder for performance and consistency. Though I will use boge cartos on occasion. Those are great cartos.

mcl5000

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
Allentown, PA
Not sure what you're doing wrong with the Clearomizers. I've been vaping for a long time now and have tried most styles of attys (LR, regular, 510, 901, 801, 901 cartomizers, 510 cartomizers, etc...), and I've found the XL clearomizers to be BY FAR the best thing out there. There's just nothing bad about them.

It takes about 30 seconds to fill them, and I do it 3 times a day. They last for well over a week. The flavor is great on them, and so is the vapor.

To each their own, but I just haven't found anything that will last me through a good portion of the day without sacrificing the flavor, vapor or throat hit that LR 510 attys give.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Not sure what you're doing wrong with the Clearomizers. I've been vaping for a long time now and have tried most styles of attys (LR, regular, 510, 901, 801, 901 cartomizers, 510 cartomizers, etc...), and I've found the XL clearomizers to be BY FAR the best thing out there. There's just nothing bad about them.

It takes about 30 seconds to fill them, and I do it 3 times a day. They last for well over a week. The flavor is great on them, and so is the vapor.

To each their own, but I just haven't found anything that will last me through a good portion of the day without sacrificing the flavor, vapor or throat hit that LR 510 attys give.

Try a Smok Tech LR Dual Coil Cartomizer. My review is coming soon.

db13berry

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2011
USA
I got some R5 XL CE2 clears 2.4 - 2.6 range today. Filling was easy. I took the ring out and filled it up with my Peach juice. Put the whistle tip on. No leaking, everything was good to go....................... YUCK ! It tastes like a burned catridge filler. It even smells like cartridge filler. ARGH!

I really really want to like these and make them work. Do they come with some chemical in them like some attys do?

db13berry

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2011
USA
Ok. Sooo after force flushing these things, soaking in alcohol, and force flushing again. I dry burned and took a chance and filled with more juice. What a huge difference! The taste still isn't what I expected, but they are definitely vapable now. I can live with them until they are used, but I won't be buying anymore.

I am hoping the more I use them, and clean them, the better they will be. We shall see.

Grinch99

Mar 16, 2011
Fort Lauderdale
My biggest issue with all CE2's is the absent flavors from the juice. Cartomizers blew all my CE2's away on flavor, period, no contest. I've tried CE2's from 2.4 ohms to 3.2 ohms on a range of voltages on my VV boxmod with the same "null" flavor.
Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Also, the R5/R6/X versions (whatever they are) have tube issues in the ones I got. How widespread is this problem? Anyone else get the cracking?

stouchon

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2010
Kyle, TX
I too have had great luck with the CE2's, aside from this last batch I bought. These are the first one's I have bought that have the burnt taste and brown reside all around the coil and cups. I think it is the shielding from the wire that is burning. I disassembled, dry burned, rinsed and repeated several times and now they are working great. It is kind of a pain in the ... but quality has to suffer to get the cost down to 2 bucks per.

The new one I bought are the rev5 with the fat wick and "better casing." They still crack easily. I quit using a drip tip on the end and just use the flat silicone caps they ship with and have not had any issue with cracking since. I am also using them on an e-power with a cone similar to an ego cone.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
I too have had great luck with the CE2's, aside from this last batch I bought. These are the first one's I have bought that have the burnt taste and brown reside all around the coil and cups. I think it is the shielding from the wire that is burning. I disassembled, dry burned, rinsed and repeated several times and now they are working great. It is kind of a pain in the ... but quality has to suffer to get the cost down to 2 bucks per.

The new one I bought are the rev5 with the fat wick and "better casing." They still crack easily. I quit using a drip tip on the end and just use the flat silicone caps they ship with and have not had any issue with cracking since. I am also using them on an e-power with a cone similar to an ego cone.

How is the performance on the fat wick version?
Did you get them from GotVapes?
Except for the cracking issue, how do they work out of the box without modding?

I haven't been happy with any CE-2 type device. Such as the Clearos or the Giants. Do I dare try again?

Looking for something that deals with THICK juice a little better than my Boges.
If there are any wicking or flavor issues, I'm not gonna dig it.

Lemme know. Thanks!

Last edited:

stouchon

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2010
Kyle, TX
The ones that I am having problems with are the new fat wick design. After a long cleaning session they are working great. I switched to the ce2's because I like a thicker juice also and nothing else aside from dripping would work well. I don't want to force your hand either direction, but I prefer them over any atty or carto I have used. I even went so far as to build an Evercool VV mod to try and find a way to make something work good for me. But the ce2's work well at 3.7v. This last batch I bought from Alvinecigs. I normally buy from Madvapes or Vaperite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread