Unflavored Juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Brown

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2019
North-Central PA (flyover country)
I made a batch of unflavored juice at the nic content that I usually use - 6 mg, and am finding good uses for it.

A new recipe that has too much flavor can be rescued with some unflavored juice. Before, I would add one drop of 100 mg liquid and 16 drops of straight VG to dilute it. That gets old fast and is the reason I made it in the first place.

You can add some to the tank when changing flavors.

You can put some in the tank and add a few drops of flavor to experiment with new recipes. If it's bad, it is a small amount to throw away.

My wife doesn't like the smell when I vape in the same room with her. She hardly notices the unflavored juice.

Anyone else?

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Good decision. The commercial stuff is always, and popular DIY recipes are often, overflavored and obtrusive to bystanders. Having a supply of pre-mixed base is handy indeed for casual dilution and experimentation without the need to resort to calculators.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    I keep a 30 ml bottle of just base, and sometimes will vape just that. I have a 10 ml bottle that I'll put 5 to 10 drops of a concentrated flavor into, and fill the rest with the base. My vaping scale used to lean on the unflavored side, then it was pretty much a 50/50 balance, lately it's been leaning on the flavored side..

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I totally agree... always keep some unflavored handy. I tend to mix DIY too strong (flavor) and it's so easy to fix by diluting. Also do the flavor change trick in my tank (that's actually how I realized I was mixing too strong) Sometimes if i feel like a coil is on it's last days I just vape unflavored. In my RTAs, when I re-wick, I prime it with unflavored so I can choose what to fill the tank with later.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I made a batch of unflavored juice at the nic content that I usually use - 6 mg, and am finding good uses for it.

A new recipe that has too much flavor can be rescued with some unflavored juice. Before, I would add one drop of 100 mg liquid and 16 drops of straight VG to dilute it. That gets old fast and is the reason I made it in the first place.

You can add some to the tank when changing flavors.

You can put some in the tank and add a few drops of flavor to experiment with new recipes. If it's bad, it is a small amount to throw away.

My wife doesn't like the smell when I vape in the same room with her. She hardly notices the unflavored juice.

Anyone else?

Next time you Re-Coil or plug in a New Coil Head to your RBA or RTA or whatever, try this...

Prime the Dry Wick with a Flavored e-Liquid but fill up your Tank with Unflavored.

It is kinda Amazing How Much Flavor you get and for How long you get it with just 5 or 6 Drops of Flavored e-Liquid. And Coil Life is Greatly Extended.

And after a Tank or two, if you fell the Flavor is Dropping-Off, you can always refresh it by dripping a Drop or 2 of Flavored e-Liquid onto the wick again.

Last edited:

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2014
    When I started vaping 5 1/2 years ago we were going through the flavor scares. What I did with first diy was add the smallest possible amount of flavor I could detect which turned out to be 1%. It tastes better than unflavored but so subtle it almost doesn't matter what flavor I use at 1%. So call it almost unflavored. Makes my vaping life a lot simpler.

btw, are you following the news that multiple researchers are starting to conclude that nicotine appears to be protective against covid? If the public gets enthusiastic it could increase demand for nicotine related products a thousand times, like N95 masks. What happens if Asian countries prohibit export to protect their own citizens?

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    When I started vaping 5 1/2 years ago we were going through the flavor scares. What I did with first diy was add the smallest possible amount of flavor I could detect which turned out to be 1%. It tastes better than unflavored but so subtle it almost doesn't matter what flavor I use at 1%. So call it almost unflavored. Makes my vaping life a lot simpler.

btw, are you following the news that multiple researchers are starting to conclude that nicotine appears to be protective against covid? If the public gets enthusiastic it could increase demand for nicotine related products a thousand times, like N95 masks. What happens if Asian countries prohibit export to protect their own citizens?

That's why I have more than 3 liters of 100mg/ml nic broken down into 240ml glass bottles in the freezer. Nicotine production occurs wherever tobacco grows and the U.S. is still a major producer of tobacco products. That said, I wanted to be a member of the "I Got Mine" club in case the FDA cracks down on sales. I'm not going back to smoking.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread