Unknown Juul compatible pods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymously

Jul 11, 2019
I have no idea what this is... (image attached)
I’ve looked up the barcode, and can’t find anything on it.
Hope you can help.
Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 51
Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
It looks to me personally, and rather randomly like a Shanzhai Chinese knockoff juul pod that claims an even higher nic level than regular max juul pods. I would personally suspect everything about it to be suspect. From manufacturing quality, to compatibility, to actual contents.

Safety and quality are of zero interest to shanzhai manufacturers.

Anonymously

Jul 11, 2019
It looks to me personally, and rather randomly like a Shanzhai Chinese knockoff juul pod that claims an even higher nic level than regular max JUUL pods. I would personally suspect everything about it to be suspect. From manufacturing quality, to compatibility, to actual contents.

Safety and quality are of zero interest to shanzhai manufacturers.
Do you think it is safe to use? Or should it be tossed?

• Optimistic

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I personally wouldn’t go near it. It could contain literally ANYTHING. It’s not that American manufacturers are actually any different. It’s merely that they can be called to account if their product hurts someone.
In theory anyway. For the time being. More or less. The EU is better at such things these days.
There is a history in the US of this sort of thing actually being very common. It merely predates regulation.

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
It looks to me personally, and rather randomly like a Shanzhai Chinese knockoff JUUL pod that claims an even higher nic level than regular max JUUL pods. ...
Not necessarily stronger per se, depending what their 6% measurement refers to --- Juul pods are 5% nicotine by weight, or 59mg/ml which could reasonably be called 6% by volume (of course, we do not have enough info to say one way or the other just by the graphic provided).

As to whether it is safe or not ... who knows. We certainly don't.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

I don't think it will kill you, but I wouldn't use it myself. Give it a try and see what happens--if you already own them. If you don't, stick with the original JUUL cartridges. Just my :2c:.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Not necessarily stronger per se, depending what their 6% measurement refers to --- Juul pods are 5% nicotine by weight, or 59mg/ml which could reasonably be called 6% by volume (of course, we do not have enough info to say one way or the other just by the graphic provided).

As to whether it is safe or not ... who knows. We certainly don't.
Correct, but what the 6% says is “this is a shanzhai product, and while we are aping juul logos and stuff we’re frantically avoiding actual use”. This in turn says that the claim of 6% may or may not mean anything at all. It may be 60mg n-benzoate in there or it may not. It could just as easily be motor oil and angel dust in there. It would be cheaper. There is no actual enforced requirement for them to be truthful in any way.

In China a few years ago one baby formula company discovered they could fool protein control tests by adding ground up floor tile to their formula. A bunch of infants died. The Chinese themselves are used to shanzhai stuff so they reacted predictably and in the only way that it is possible to defend oneself from such things. China as a unit moved to only buying baby formula manufactured in countries with functional regulation systems. There is a gigantic industry of smuggling baby formula into China as a result.

• Optimistic

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Welcome to the friendly bunch :)

I think that all the above answers are leaning on the side of paranoid... I'd use it and see how it goes...if it feels the same as a juul pod it's a win win situation...

Here is another product which is called the Vaze pod. The pods are also compatible with juul :)

Absolute Zero - Vaze (Pack 4)

This is from my french wholesale website but just do a search for vaze pod and you'll come up with something i'm sure...

Good luck :)

• Optimistic

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I would not vape eliquid where I don't know where it came from. For example if I found a bottle of juice at a bus stop, I would not fill my tank with it.

Same goes here.... Where the heck did you get those things, I mean did you BUY them? Get given them? Given them might be a clue.

However, I would probably not do it and I'm pretty much not a total wuss when it comes to eliquid experimentation I have tried some things. Thing like vodka in my DIY for a brief period until I realized I hated it, for instance.

I just.... Unless you are TOTALLY broke and can't get your regular pods I just wouldn't.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread