Unused analogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

John1952

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2012
United States
I still have seven packs of Marlboros in a drawer, left over from when I smoked. Two months ago, I never could have imagined that I could quit smoking and still have cigs in the house. It's like a lost all interest in them, and they aren't the slightest temptation.

My wife's son is coming to visit next month. I'll give them to him -- unless I can turn him on to vaping.

Any other non-smokers who still have cigarettes left?

enchantedwonder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2012
California
I do. I have two in a pack upstairs, and probably ten in a pack downstairs. I'll eventually throw them away.

vaping is my choice for me... and I can go to analogs anytime I want. That mindset is what helped me quit my 1-2pad over thirty year habit :) :)

I wouldn't give them to anyone..... just my two cents.... when my Dad (of blessed memory) had a stroke years ago... my Sister gave his left over cigarettes to my Uncle. He had a heart attack that day.... I would turn him on to vaping.... IMHO.

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
I do. I have two in a pack upstairs, and probably ten in a pack downstairs. I'll eventually throw them away.

d
Vaping is my choice for me... and I can go to analogs anytime I want. That mindset is what helped me quit my 1-2pad over thirty year habit :) :)

I had 7 cigs left and I placed them in a large pill bottle and sealed it with tape. If I need one, I have it there; don't have to buy a new pack, don't have to bum one, I have my own. I agree the attitude, "and I can go to analogs anytime I want" has relieved unnecessary pressure. I smoked 555 cigs in 2012 and have NOT smoked 1770. If I tried "quit or die"; one cig, or buying a new pack, would start me down the slippery slope, but smoking 554 or 556 would not have made a huge difference in my health, wealth or my preference to vape.

The 1770 + are the ones that count and my little reserve has removed any panic situations I may have encountered. Everyone has their own strategies based on how they are wired.

Enjoy!

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
I had 2 pounds of bulk tobacco, about $80 worth, in my freezer for 6 months or more. I used to RYO. Plus there were 2 rolling machines and several boxes of filtered tubes in a closet. Altogether about 5 or 6 cartons worth of premium smokes!! Even after I was sure I'd never smoke again, I just couldn't bring myself to toss them. Finally, a smoking friend who was unemployed and no too lazy to RYO stopped by and got a nice surprise. Even thought I couldn't covert him to e-cigs, at least I got him off the pre-packaged garbage.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
I tried that. I heard so many talk about that last pack sitting in a drawer for months or even years and how proud they were of it gathering dust. Well, I smoked them - one here and one there - tasted terrible, but I kept smoking them - it took me a couple of months to smoke them, but I did... Everytime I went into that drawer I would see them. I should have put them under the mattress or something. Have not touched one or thought about buying any since the last one was gone. I do not see how ya'll do it - my hat is off to any that can...

Grammie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2009
Virginia, Well Steeped
They're good for bee/wasp stings, that's about all I can find they are good for. Every time I run across a pack I've stashed over the years, I just smile and remember how nasty they tasted! Almost 3 years now and I still find them stuck in places I have no idea when or why I put them there!

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
They're good for bee/wasp stings, that's about all I can find they are good for. ..

Dang it!! I have a zillion wasps around my house. I've even been stung since I started vaping and when all that tobacco was still sitting in my freezer. I had forgotten all about using tobacco for stings!! Now I wish I would have saved a bit of it. Great. Now that you reminded me, I'm sure to get stung again soon. :) I don't suppose juice would work?

Grammie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2009
Virginia, Well Steeped
Dang it!! I have a zillion wasps around my house. I've even been stung since I started vaping and when all that tobacco was still sitting in my freezer. I had forgotten all about using tobacco for stings!! Now I wish I would have saved a bit of it. Great. Now that you reminded me, I'm sure to get stung again soon. :) I don't suppose juice would work?

Hum, I'll have to go see if I can find anything out online about exactly what it is in tobacco that helps with stings! BRB!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bee_sting

Many traditional remedies have been suggested for bee stings including damp pastes of tobacco, salt, baking soda, papain, toothpaste, clay, garlic, urine, onions, aspirin or even application of copper coins.[6][7]

And another:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topical_tobacco_paste

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread