Unusual side effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray6116

Apr 29, 2019
This post is for people that might have similar symptoms and look for the internet for something to make them feel comfortable.

I had weird GI symptoms some would call IBS but by definition IBS has some pain or discomfort, which I don’t .

These symptoms would be severe to the extent that it affects my daily living plus I haven’t had anything like this before, bloating and just feeling you’re gut to be really slow.

I was checked being almost an obsessive person by multiple physicians numerous tests all normal confirming a functional reason (such as IBS)

I had nothing to explain it except for vaping.

I tried quitting symptoms eased but never completely gone, and I tried vaping twice after cutting for 3 months. Symptoms come bad as bad, weather it is juice VG PG coils whatever I don’t know but I tried several types.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Thanks for sharing. I totally don't mean that, actually.

I don't know what the trend is of someone getting X MYSTERIOUS PLACBO affect in vape, and then LOVING US ALL enough to post it here in case "such an unfortunate soul as my poor self" then catches AQUIRED MYSTERY PLACEBO ILLNESS THEMSELVES.

Look I'm sorry you can't vape because you get the ........ or something, but for the love of god, post a copy of your doctor's note that says YES WE HAVE MYSEROUSLY determined the cause of said person's ...........….

Which frankly, I don't want to hear about.

If vaping made me poop or my poor tummy little suffer I would be stoical and also NOT go "Hey, just in case someone ELSE is enjoying my misfortune here you GO."

You probably have boric acid poisoning, a severe imaginary gluten intolerance oh A HOST of other things.

To determine what vaping CAUSES we have the lovely scientific method that does NOT assume that correlation equals causation it actually RULES THAT OUT.

I think there are a real dearth of "Vaping leads to IBS only it's not IBS it is something weird." That's more like BS.

But hey, if you got one POST one (a study) just remember UNTIL then you are a CASE study. Kind of interesting, but not what you want to base your life around.

I'm not feeling sympathetic exactly, is what I'm saying. PERHAPS that is because I have something FAR MORE SEVERE than imaginary VAPE IBS, but nevertheless. unsympathetic. I am also not assuming my illness is at all caused by vaping until someone with some really the Bomb credentials tells me so.

Anna

Anna

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Thanks for sharing. I totally don't mean that, actually.

I don't know what the trend is of someone getting X MYSTERIOUS PLACBO affect in vape, and then LOVING US ALL enough to post it here in case "such an unfortunate soul as my poor self" then catches AQUIRED MYSTERY PLACEBO ILLNESS THEMSELVES.

Look I'm sorry you can't vape because you get the ........ or something, but for the love of god, post a copy of your doctor's note that says YES WE HAVE MYSEROUSLY determined the cause of said person's ...........….

Which frankly, I don't want to hear about.

If vaping made me poop or my poor tummy little suffer I would be stoical and also NOT go "Hey, just in case someone ELSE is enjoying my misfortune here you GO."

You probably have boric acid poisoning, a severe imaginary gluten intolerance oh A HOST of other things.

To determine what vaping CAUSES we have the lovely scientific method that does NOT assume that correlation equals causation it actually RULES THAT OUT.

I think there are a real dearth of "Vaping leads to IBS only it's not IBS it is something weird." That's more like BS.

But hey, if you got one POST one (a study) just remember UNTIL then you are a CASE study. Kind of interesting, but not what you want to base your life around.

I'm not feeling sympathetic exactly, is what I'm saying. PERHAPS that is because I have something FAR MORE SEVERE than imaginary VAPE IBS, but nevertheless. unsympathetic. I am also not assuming my illness is at all caused by vaping until someone with some really the Bomb credentials tells me so.

Anna

Anna
One of those posts where I want to add more than one marker. I went with “winner” but it’s also hilarious and useful.

• Love
Reactions: stols001

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
You know, interestingly enough, it was my youngest daughter who celebrated her 40th birthday yesterday who switched to vaping when she could no longer get a smoke in her hospital grounds and who gifted me an E Pipe, battery charger, and juice four years ago come this October 17th ... yes that's the one who is a Psychiatric Nurse, who had asthma from when she was a teenager and who was diagnosed with IBS in her 20s just after she started Nurse Training.

She has always maintained that her asthma has improved since she stopped smoking and her IBS is under control ...

Maybe just maybe there is a psychiatric overlay to this sudden outbreak of the "Screaming Habdabs" of late...

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread