Upcoming and Incoming - two new products!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
Copy your designs or steal them? If the original eGo is Janty, is there no patent on it? Or is the design sold to other makers for them to make their own version without the Janty name?

Without going into that discussion here:

I designed the Janty eGo - joyetech produced it for Janty. Janty has given the right to some companies to rebrand this - where as other companies have copied the design.

So a bit of everything really - but its not what this thread is about - and its not the point anyways. :)

$hua

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
SomeWhereOverTheRainbow, GA
Can someone please tell me where i can purchase this mega carto?

I posted a thread in this janty subforum.. and someone pointed me to totally wicked.. 3.99 for a single carto and its prefilled... oh please say it isnt so. All due respect, but i dont have much interest in doing business with TW, not to mention the price point on those.

anyone shed some light on this for me... im really interested in a carto that runs around the 2.5ohm range, regardless of its juice holding capacity. where/when can i purchase these cartos in the US.

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
… A normal eGo carries me personally for 22-24 hours before i recharge it, and i would consider myself a heavy vaper.

Having said that, there are people on this board that only gets 6-8 hours from an eGo, but then again they classify themselves as very hardcore vapers (which i believe....) - and we have those on here that are average vapers who have reported runtimes from 24 to 72 hours. …

Uhm ... I get 4-6 hours of a battery, and I don't consider myself a hardcore vaper. Heavy, maybe (although I consider it more like slightly on the heavy side of average), but not hardcore. And I know exactly one person who gets +24 hours out of their eGo, out of quite a few eGo vapers

So I think there are … errrm … lots of different experiences out there :lol:

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
A normal eGo carries me personally for 22-24 hours before i recharge it, and i would consider myself a heavy vaper.

Having said that, there are people on this board that only gets 6-8 hours from an eGo, but then again they classify themselves as very hardcore vapers (which i believe....) - and we have those on here that are average vapers who have reported runtimes from 24 to 72 hours.
Sorry Mik,

Like Alex said, If that is the only device you use, and you are vaping heavily, then I am personally and publicly calling you out on those false claims.

You are either full....... or have a special battery. The rule of thumb of 1-1.5 hrs per 100 mAh is pretty darn close to accurate.

For those that claim 72 hrs, well we don't need to comment, now do we.

franklyspeaking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Arlington, Texas
www.pharceapp.com
4-6 hours is the norm I think. Mik is a lightweight ;)

I know I can find a bigger battery than the eGo. I've tried them and while they do last longer I find that the performance begins to suffer quickly and I end up swapping batteries before they are even close to being fully discharged. The eGo is the first device that I am perfectly content vaping on until it dies. For that I am happy! I was always carrying spare batteries even with big battery mods and playing battery managment quest. Now, in addition to a complete eGo, I just carry two eGo batteries, some juice, an extra atty or two and the USB charger. Life is good!!

Life would be better with a Janty e-pipe though. Just saying.....

$hua

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
SomeWhereOverTheRainbow, GA
TBH, prolly not gonna do it. IF the casing is plastic it COULD be cut down to fit ... but my primary interest on these Cartos were their ohm rating and not their ml capacity.

im not a big fan of having to mod something before i can use it.. and deconstructing an overpriced item is of little interest to me. ill continue to search for a 510 compatible ~2.5ohm range carto.

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
Sorry Mik,

Like Alex said, If that is the only device you use, and you are vaping heavily, then I am personally and publicly calling you out on those false claims.

You are either full....... or have a special battery. The rule of thumb of 1-1.5 hrs per 100 mAh is pretty darn close to accurate.

For those that claim 72 hrs, well we don't need to comment, now do we.

Calling me a liar now? Mature.

Lets break down your statements:

So, you know how I vape, what liquid I use, how long i press my button? And Alex is the Official Vaping Minister that has defined "vaping heavily" ? Nice.

* Thats one way to look at it. Another way of looking at it, is that someone who honestly thinks that 1.1-5 hours per 100 mAH is pretty accurate, knows too little about these things to go public with his own statements. I am not a robot. Thats why I dont sit down and click a button in a preset interval until my battery dies. I live.

I actually work from home, in my private office. Which means I, unlike you - probably - and unlike most others here - probably - get to vape all day.

I used to smoke 30 cigs a day - marlboros - and i have only smoked e-cigs for around a year now.

I go through around 1.5-2 ml a day - sometimes a bit less, sometimes a bit more. I do so by using ONE eGo battery. If i use my normal atomizers i get 19-25 hours of usage. If i use a LR atomizer, i get 17-23 hours or so. I havent timed it exactly, but its around those times.

Now, I have my eGo with me at all times. Where ever I go - plus i can vape while working. If we for arguments sake, say that i vape 2 ml a day - then tell me how this is not to be classified as vaping heavily?

I mean, moderate would be sometimes. Often would be often. Heavily, surely would mean that you had your device with you at all times, and infact could vape all the time. Oh hey wait - thats me.

So why wont my battery die before yours? Lots of reasons.

Maybe i maintain my atomizer better than yours, so my "hits" off my eGo delivers a more satisfying vaping sensation, making me need to press my button less than you.

Maybe i use a better liquid than you - which delivers what i need - better than the ones you use?

To me, its irrelevant. What is important to me, is that I set out to make a device that would last a "day", meaning that i only needed one battery from the time I woke up, till i went to bed. That was my goal - that, and the design ofcourse. I succeeded in that.

But I, unlike you, dont pretend to know how this works for everyone else, so i assimilate information - i listen to other customers, also customers outside this board. And since this board - and ALL other boards, make up maybe 8% of Jantys customer base, then trust me when i say, my numbers (a day on a full ego battery) is pretty stable.

But, the trend on these boards, is unfortunately going in the route of :

I start on the board, knowing nothing.

Ive been on the boards, now i know more.

Ive been on the boards for a long time, now i think i know it all.

And you dont. All you know is what you, your friends, and the people on the boards tell you. And they can all be truthful - they can all match the experience YOU are getting. The unfortunate truth is just that it still doesnt mean thats the truth for the 92% others out there.

Now - let me underline that: I am in no way saying that YOU are lying, because unlike you I dont pretend to know everything, especially not about people I dont know in real life. I estimate, I assimilate, I guess. And then I post what I "think" based on the facts I know.

* For those that claim 72 hrs, well we don't need to comment, now do we

No, all you need to do is search around ECF, and other boards - plenty of people have posted battery life time to exceed 24 hours. I believe i saw one guy who had a charge going for over two weeks. Granted, he must not be in the vaping heavily category.

But what you are forgetting, is that ECF, and any other boards you might roam, does not represent "the average" vaper. The average vaper today, is not someone who uses forums.

So if you are going to play the Vaping ministry, you two, then please go do some research in the real world - as that will alter your perceptions heavily.

- oh and, please dont call me a liar, ever again. I really do not like that.

Last edited:

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Calling me a liar now? Mature.
Yes Sir that is what I am saying. I'll with comment each and every rebuttal.

Lets break down your statements:

So, you know how I vape, what liquid I use, how long i press my button? And Alex is the Official Vaping Minister that has defined "vaping heavily" ? Nice.
The average vaper will get between 1 to 1.5 hrs per 100mAh. This is a pretty standard anecdotal evidence, that does not require a degree to extrapolate.

* Thats one way to look at it. Another way of looking at it, is that someone who honestly thinks that 1.1-5 hours per 100 mAH is pretty accurate, knows too little about these things to go public with his own statements. I am not a robot. Thats why I dont sit down and click a button in a preset interval until my battery dies. I live. I actually work from home, in my private office. Which means I, unlike you - probably - and unlike most others here - probably - get to vape all day.
I am retired, and although do not get to vape "in my office" which I do, the figures provided are pretty accurate and support what the majority claim. hence why the 1-1.5 hr per 100 mAh variance. The 1.5hr is for folks that do not vape in the luxury of their own office. In your own words, if you vape "heavily" at "will" from your own desk, and you get 22-24hrs out of a single battery:

• You either have a special battery;
  • You do not vape as heavily as you think; or
  • Your claims are bogus. (read to be untruthful)
I used to smoke 30 cigs a day - marlboros - and i have only smoked e-cigs for around a year now.
I used to smoke 20-25 Players Light a day, which would make me a lighter vaper than you (theoretically) but because my battery duration is shorter than your I am full of it? I don't think so. I am in my 21st week, but I don't see how that would be germane to the conversation. I have decreased my consumption but my battery life has not increased significantly, not to the extent of your public claims.

I go through around 1.5-2 ml a day - sometimes a bit less, sometimes a bit more. I do so by using ONE eGo battery. If i use my normal atomizers i get 19-25 hours of usage. If i use a LR atomizer, i get 17-23 hours or so. I haven't timed it exactly, but its around those times.
Then you are what is considered a mild vaper. Not a "heavy" vaper which you calimed in a subsequent post, on which I called you out. The average vaper vapes 2-3ml a day. A heavy vaper is above that IMHO.

Getting back to my rule of thumb, for someone who vapes 2-3ml per day. the 1-1.5 hr is pretty darn accurate, with an expected reduction of about half as long using LR attys. These my friend are real life numbers, not expected numbers from a designers point of view, nor a manufacturer for that matter. Have you had a single cart equate to 1 pack of smokes? Yet many have laid that claim in the past.

Now, I have my eGo with me at all times. Where ever I go - plus i can vape while working. If we for arguments sake, say that i vape 2 ml a day - then tell me how this is not to be classified as vaping heavily?
I can't answer that. But in the vaping world you would be considered a moderate not a heavy vaper.

I mean, moderate would be sometimes. Often would be often. Heavily, surely would mean that you had your device with you at all times, and infact could vape all the time. Oh hey wait - thats me.
The only caveat that has not been addressed here is the nicotine concentration. If you are vaping above 24mg, then yes you might consider yourself a heavy vaper who vapes less frequently. If you are below that, and only vape 2ml/day, then your quantifying statement got you into this argument and need to re-visit which category of vaperness you belong in. To do other wise is leading the consumer astray, and hence why I publicly called you out on it.

So why wont my battery die before yours? Lots of reasons.

Maybe i maintain my atomizer better than yours, so my "hits" off my eGo delivers a more satisfying vaping sensation, making me need to press my button less than you.

Maybe i use a better liquid than you - which delivers what i need - better than the ones you use?
Isn't the above quote pretty presumptuous on your part, which I have allured to subsequently as well. Janty is taking the stance that we should expect this out of this etc... and that there is a secret formula? Give me a break. The average individual only sees that Mik from Janty gets 22-23hrs out of his eGo battery. He (the average consumer) is getting 6-8hrs which by the way in the real world is the norm. So sorry my friend...

To me, its irrelevant. What is important to me, is that I set out to make a device that would last a "day", meaning that i only needed one battery from the time I woke up, till i went to bed. That was my goal - that, and the design of course. I succeeded in that.
... and this my fiend is indeed the short strokes. You have designed a device that meets your daily vaping requirements, and expect the rest of the vaping community to expect similar results. That statement in itself is pretty pompous and presumptuous wouldn't you think.

But I, unlike you, dont pretend to know how this works for everyone else, so i assimilate information - i listen to other customers, also customers outside this board. And since this board - and ALL other boards, make up maybe 8% of Jantys customer base, then trust me when i say, my numbers (a day on a full ego battery) is pretty stable.
Wow! If this board only represents about 8% of the market, then why is Janty trying so hard to market their product here. I have yet to see you folks flaunt your credentials anywhere else?

But, the trend on these boards, is unfortunately going in the route of :

I start on the board, knowing nothing.

Ive been on the boards, now i know more.

Ive been on the boards for a long time, now i think i know it all.
That my dear Sir is not only pompous, it is arrogant and is spoken from someone who may actually suffer from sphincter asphyxiation. That comment in itself states that the members of this and other forums are nothing more than an ignorant part of the remaining 92% of society.? Wow!

And you dont. All you know is what you, your friends, and the people on the boards tell you. And they can all be truthful - they can all match the experience YOU are getting. The unfortunate truth is just that it still doesnt mean thats the truth for the 92% others out there.
Wow! You are truly not intouch with reality. I am speaking of not what I am hearing nor what I am seing but real life experience. Perhaps if you stopped doing Telsa filter commercials, and step out of your office you may actually be more in tune with actual reality.

In summation the aforementioned quote = that forum members are a bunch of idiots? Be careful my friend, the comfort of your keyboard may not provide you with the re-assurance that you are the "subject" matter expert, when you are totally ignorant towards the credential of the individual you may be communicating with. I have black hair.

Now - let me underline that: I am in no way saying that YOU are lying, because unlike you I dont pretend to know everything, especially not about people I dont know in real life. I estimate, I assimilate, I guess. And then I post what I "think" based on the facts I know.

* For those that claim 72 hrs, well we don't need to comment, now do we

No, all you need to do is search around ECF, and other boards - plenty of people have posted battery life time to exceed 24 hours. I believe i saw one guy who had a charge going for over two weeks. Granted, he must not be in the vaping heavily category.

But what you are forgetting, is that ECF, and any other boards you might roam, does not represent "the average" vaper. The average vaper today, is not someone who uses forums.
Than I guess we are nothing more than a bunch of nicotine junkies of inconsequential value. If the latter was the case then why is my observation such an iritant to you, and why is this delibareation so important to the janty image if we are a mere 8% of total sales. That my dear friend requires an answer. the statement was calimed on this board, on this forum, many as I have not seen the reported results why? Because we are the 8% that do not know how to vape? Your satement not ours. We just want to understand, that is all.

So if you are going to play the Vaping ministry, you two, then please go do some research in the real world - as that will alter your perceptions heavily.

- oh and, please dont call me a liar, ever again. I really do not like that.
I am not playing the vaping ministry, just someone calling you out on what can be perceive in innacurate data, which in turn may lead the average consumer into false hope of a product that did not meet expectation. The eGo is a magical device, that renders 6-8hrs of vaping satisfaction. Folks are happy with that. If the device was so perfect, then why do we need the XL battery, or the 2.5ml carto.

Out of respect you do not like being called a liar, and I do not like to be considred the average idiot. As a consumer, it is my right to call you out any time I feel the need to question a bogus claim, and as a vendor, it is indeed Janty's right to refute any such claims. But don't think for one minute you can brow beat me into submission.

This correspondance has been archived. this is your sub and you may do what you wish with it. If you are honorable, cut and past it out of this thread so we can continue this argument as men. Although I doubt this will happen!

Without prejudice!

theopold

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
San Jose, CA
Oops! I get 24 hours out of a single eGo battery and I work in a small office so I can - and do - vape all day. I pop on a new battery before I go to work in the morning, vape all day, and then switch out with a fresh one the following morning. And I've been doing this for weeks now. So, having made that claim am I now considered a liar as well??

Seriously, Switched, I've enjoyed some of your thoughtful and informative posts in the past but I'd like to respectfully suggest that IMHO you're walking a very fine line when it comes to the tone of some of your recent posts on this thread. I think we can all agree the purpose of this forum is to promote the thoughtful exchange of opinions and ideas rather than discouraging them and name calling or pissing contests are inarguably counterproductive to this general goal...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread