UPDATE: For AVE"s temp closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

exnihilo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Thanks for the link :)

I'm wondering if the problem was a weakness in Authorize.net, since it seems other Authorize.net clients have had the same issues?

Either way, I will be ordering once everything's straight, but with a prepaid card. Just in case. :)

Amen to that! Prepaid cards from here on out.

cg

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
UPDATE!

The issues with the payment system are corrected. This was a direct hack with intent. That is to say the intruder in this case was focused and targeting Alien Visions E-Juice. This was a measured and successful attempt to redirect information by periodically exploiting inherent internet communications, laying a "trap" and waiting. After each trap is "sprung" the hacker gains more ability.

Currently we've closed these exploits, barring those that are inherent in communicating over the internet, additionally, we have contracted a periodic server log scan and security reviews from an additional and unrelated third-party. For all intents and purposes the shop is ready to reopen, however, it shall remain closed while we take additional and extra measures (reorganizing DB's, DB queries, etc.). I (Ben) am hoping to bring the website back online over the weekend but I'll wait until I get more assurances and "head nods" from people with education in the right areas.

We have a lot of people to thank for helping us get this issue fixed but most of all the forum community. Without the folks here and in other social sites, lending experience and expertise, this fix would have taken a lot longer.

Vince159

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2012
Citrus Heights, CA USA
My CC was hacked, as well as another members I just found out. We both ordered from AV within the last few months, and the bogus charges were attempted in the UK. Mine was tried for $198 for clothes. Luckily, my bank caught it, and declined the sale. I had to close both my accounts, and have new CC issued.

I had a similar situation, mine was in Canada, for $398, within 10 days or so from a AVE purchase.

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
My CC was hacked, as well as another members I just found out. We both ordered from AV within the last few months, and the bogus charges were attempted in the UK. Mine was tried for $198 for clothes. Luckily, my bank caught it, and declined the sale. I had to close both my accounts, and have new CC issued.

If something like this has occurred to you let us know via our help desk system. We know the information taken and can help compensate folks for their hassle and loss of time. We are in the process right now of helping those customers get taken care of.

Jojobo

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Northeast USA
we had a match.com charged too...it was a low amt. and it was reversed same day but we didnt think it was because of this situation. hmmm...going to have to look deeper into this one.

I am thankful to be able to get my order in today! I was really scraping the bottom of the barrel with my juice!!

Last edited:

mommyofdoom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2013
Orlando, Florida
I'm still waiting on my replacement debit card so I can use it to charge up a prepaid visa gift card. :( I was hoping it would come in today but no luck yet.

Hey Ben, there shouldn't be a problem using a gift card on your site as long as it's got a Visa logo on it, right? I've heard that some vendors' processing systems won't allow gift cards...?

I could always mail a check, I have those available right now! :) I'll also send a help desk ticket to see what the alternate payment options are, in case you see that first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread