• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Updates on The Juice Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDSupreme

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
OMG! OMG! OMG! I have received the beautiful e-mail! Wheeee! Party time!

#391 1/22/2010

Cheeseburger here we come! :thumbs:

Order 321, 1/16/10.

Does anyone know how its shipped (Fed-ex, since it shipped on Sunday?) and if there's a confirmation number?

I replied to my email and asked porphy for a tracking number. Im hoping for Wednesday. I havent heard back yet but its only been like 2 hours

beingbekah

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2010
N Georgia
He usually ships priority. I wouldn't know the tracking number. He's in FL, I'm in AZ
------Original Message------
To: carlos aguiar
Subject: quick question
Sent: Mar 21, 2010 2:19 PM

I'm presuming that this is janice answering for carlos...

You should have it this week, then, clyde. Congratulations!

Mine seems to be breaking in pretty quickly. It still has a way to go and I still have some learning to do, for sure, but it's putting out some pretty impressive clouds already (not outstanding, but pretty decent for a new-ish atty @3.7v). I'm reserving judgement on it for a few weeks.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
You should have it this week, then, clyde. Congratulations!

Mine seems to be breaking in pretty quickly. It still has a way to go and I still have some learning to do, for sure, but it's putting out some pretty impressive clouds already (not outstanding, but pretty decent for a new-ish atty @3.7v). I'm reserving judgement on it for a few weeks.

Have you tried one of the aw high drain 18650's on it? Ejoker has reported that it's made a difference on his.

beingbekah

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2010
N Georgia
Have you tried one of the aw high drain 18650's on it? Ejoker has reported that it's made a difference on his.

Not yet. I may end up doing so, but I'm not convinced the AW batteries are as great as people seem to think they are. Check this out:
nwnf5l.jpg

I'm not convinced that the difference in performance between AW's and Ultrafires of the same mAh is large enough to justify the price difference.

I did throw some slightly drained 3.0v cr123a's on it for a second, and WOW! I don't think I want to risk the atty at that voltage though.

biggest thing you should look at to get idea of that graph is the mah batteries used
to help you get a idea.

the aw are a bit better & have diff circuit & also more accurate on the mah rating.

so before judging too much compare the differences between the 2 and you will see a little more info most don't know about looking at.

just my opinion but so ya know I am also running ultrafires & trustfires.
Trustfire 2500mah i picked up & ultra fire 18500 2600mah
next set of 18650 will be AW Hoping they come out with a higher mah

also look at the amps used.
forgot to mention that. 2600 uf & aw are simular to a degree.
for that batch atleast.
can't believe i didn't say that before.

the aw drops & goes back up.
Hard to read some of it as its blurred

uf drains super fast at the end
while the aw drains slowly & gives a boost compared to uf.

batches & way its tested makes a difference.

feels sorry for anyone using the gtl that is horrid

just my bits of research thrown in..
also aw give better performance generally..
Ordering some next week if all goes well

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Bummer! Delivery was expected today, I figured I'd be spending this evening experimenting with my new JB. But, for whatever the reason, it didn't come today. I guess that makes tomorrow all the more likely. :)

EDIT: Well, today is yesterday's tomorrow. Still no JB in my box. :( Maybe tomorrow.

Last edited:

JDSupreme

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Bummer! Delivery was expected today, I figured I'd be spending this evening experimenting with my new JB. But, for whatever the reason, it didn't come today. I guess that makes tomorrow all the more likely. :)

Thats what I figured. So today is the day for sure then! 2-4 days shipping means Thursday is day 4! Got 2 fully charged batteries and a bottle of 6-8mg Mint Choc Chip ready to go. I dont know if ive ever been so excited for anything in my whole life! I still cant believe today is the day!!!! Although I never thought it would be the 25th of March tho by the time i got it haha one more hour til the mail comes.....

Last edited by a moderator:

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
Thats what I figured. So today is the day for sure then! 2-4 days shipping means Thursday is day 4! Got 2 fully charged batteries and a bottle of 6-8mg Mint Choc Chip ready to go. I dont know if ive ever been so excited for anything in my whole life! I still cant believe today is the day!!!! Although I never thought it would be the 25th of March tho by the time i got it haha one more hour til the mail comes.....

Umm..if we go by the box actually ships the day after delivery to the post office like what's his name said, that would make it day three, wouldn't it? Friday would make four days.

JDSupreme

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Umm..if we go by the box actually ships the day after delivery to the post office like what's his name said, that would make it day three, wouldn't it? Friday would make four days.

Gee thanks Negative Nancy! :) However if the boxes were dropped off at the post office on sunday (the day i got the coveted email) they went out first thing monday...so moday could possibly be considered day 1, making today day 4. I'll know any second now...mail lady should be here any minute!! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! i feel like a crackhead staring out the window at the mailbox. good thing the mail lady has a hole in her muffler so i can hear her coming a mile away

Last edited by a moderator:

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
Gee thanks Negative Nancy! :) However if the boxes were dropped off at the post office on sunday (the day i got the coveted email) they went out first thing monday...so moday could possibly be considered day 1, making today day 4. I'll know any second now...mail lady should be here any minute!! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! i feel like a crackhead staring out the window at the mailbox. good thing the mail lady has a hole in her muffler so i can hear her coming a mile away

Hey, if that will make it get here quicker, good, fine; I'll go along with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread