Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
My comment was for his sound decision to skip the mid-level mods with questionable longivity and nonexistant longterm support for the tried and true Provari whose reputation is based on those very factors. Disposables vs non-disposable. I agreed with the rationale that he made his decision with. That was the point of the homework analogy.

Not sure if you were inferring this. ETA: Re-reading it I see you were, and just tried to reinvent what a disposable pv is. I'll just make the point, the Zmax 2 is not a "disposable" pv. Like any other mod it take separate batteries and it is the batteries that are disposable.

Last edited:

cyclotron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2012
Hampton Roads, VA, US
My comment was for his sound decision to skip the mid-level mods with questionable longivity and nonexistant longterm support for the tried and true Provari whose reputation is based on those very factors. Disposables vs non-disposable. I agreed with the rationale that he made his decision with. That was the point of the homework analogy.

Baditude,
My intent was simply to point out that folks can easily see that first comment as snubbing anything that isn't a provari. I thought it was amusing that you posted that and started the thread I linked to.

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
N'awlinz
Says the one that doesn't know that SS is lighter than brass and doesn't know that the Provari has its own flaws such as higher vampire drain. And last but not least, seems to be fighting a war that is amusing since nobody cares.

See we both can do that....

while i do know brass is heavier.....how do YOU know it's brass? has the classy looking metal chipped away already? sad day indeed.

by the way, brass is reactive with juice....juice will corrode it away....got to love that right?

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
N'awlinz
Some chrome is heavier than stainless steel.

BTW - what about that soft paint on the Provari, and the users who get paint peel and get told they are shipped with the paint not completely set and it will take two weeks. Couldn't they keep them in the shop until the paint has set??

well they do fix it free of charge if that's any consolation, if your brass starts showing good luck.... but hey i wasn't even talking to you on that one, that was another insult i was responding to from the Zcult leader over there....

also while we're talking about good luck situations.....good luck after the warranty runs out.

quite frankly you all complain about the provari fanboys, but you are JUST as fervent over this new device...and it doesn't even have HALF the tenure.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
well they do fix it free of charge if that's any consolation, if your brass starts showing good luck.... but hey i wasn't even talking to you on that one, that was another insult i was responding to from the Zcult leader over there....

No need for such name-calling.

also while we're talking about good luck situations.....good luck after the warranty runs out.

I think that's just being gratuitous now.

quite frankly you all complain about the provari fanboys, but you are JUST as fervent over this new device...and it doesn't even have HALF the tenure.

It's a newcomer - you don't know what tenure it has. BTW, I've never complained about "provari fanboys". Never. Call it quits, you're just being gratuitous now.

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
N'awlinz
No need for such name-calling.

I think that's just being gratuitous now.

It's a newcomer - you don't know what tenure it has. BTW, I've never complained about "provari fanboys". Never. Call it quits, you're just being gratuitous now.

you are the one being gratuitous i must say, the name calling wasn't directed at you, by the way, this is the second time i'm pointing this out, and by the way, i'd probably stop if i were to stop being insulted by the Zcult leader that you continue to "back up" in this debate....i never said YOU were complaining, i was stating it as a generalized statement.....so i'll mind you to back off and pay attention to what is written.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
you are the one being gratuitous i must say, the name calling wasn't directed at you, by the way, this is the second time i'm pointing this out, and by the way, i'd probably stop if i were to stop being insulted by the Zcult leader that you continue to "back up" in this debate....

I haven't backed up anyone. I've made my own points. Calling some-one a "Zcult leader" is just silly. It's also unnecessary. There's no need to try and bring some-one down by name-calling. It would be just as silly to call you a "Provari-cult leader". Just not necessary.

i never said YOU were complaining, i was stating it as a generalized statement.....so i'll mind you to back off and pay attention to what is written.

Please take your own advice. You put general statements out there then individuals can comment. It's disingenuous to then claim you meant anyone but that individual.

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
N'awlinz
I haven't backed up anyone. I've made my own points. Calling some-one a "Zcult leader" is just silly. It's also unnecessary. There's no need to try and bring some-one down by name-calling. It would be just as silly to call you a "Provari-cult leader". Just not necessary.

but insults are necessary? please. talk to the other Zcult member then....again i'll say it: BACK OFF AND READ THE THREAD....don't sit here and demonize me because i'm not doing anything worse than was already done.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
but insults are necessary? please. talk to the other Zcult member then....again i'll say it: BACK OFF AND READ THE THREAD....don't sit here and demonize me because i'm not doing anything worse than was already done.

El mattias - please stop trying to make me responsible for what others post. I post my posts, others post theirs. Please stop trying to demonize some-one who participated. I read the whole thread. I considered your posts the most insulting to others.

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
N'awlinz
El mattias - please stop trying to make me responsible for what others post. I post my posts, others post theirs. Please stop trying to demonize some-one who participated. I read the whole thread. I considered your posts the most insulting to others.

i haven't demonized you, i will point out where you've tried to turn everything that i've said against me, but most of my argument wasn't directed at you AT ALL, which i've pointed out, yet you continue to .... in, i've not made you responsible for what others post...when i adress you i do so directly....i don't pull punches i say what i want to say the way i mean to say it....if you have issues with the way i say it and feel that it's insulting....then by all means...ignore it and not make some snide comment about something that wasn't even directed towards you to begin with....because all you're doing is making yourself look foolish by jumping in and debating an issue that had nothing to do with the person that you should be most concerned with: YOU.

now....have your last word....because i know you can't resist.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
i haven't demonized you, i will point out where you've tried to turn everything that i've said against me, but most of my argument wasn't directed at you AT ALL, which i've pointed out, yet you continue to .... in, i've not made you responsible for what others post...when i adress you i do so directly....i don't pull punches i say what i want to say the way i mean to say it....if you have issues with the way i say it and feel that it's insulting....then by all means...ignore it and not make some snide comment about something that wasn't even directed towards you to begin with....because all you're doing is making yourself look foolish by jumping in and debating an issue that had nothing to do with the person that you should be most concerned with: YOU.

now....have your last word....because i know you can't resist.

Whoah. This has gone way off topic. As I recall you were the one who said you weren't debating me anymore. I haven't made snide remarks. I've been up front. It's not me you were trying to demonize, but as I said, some-one else.

Getting back to topic - the "vs" question is an impossible ask. It's asking people to put up a well known pv against a newcomer. Then the usual speculative "it won't last" vs "over-priced" arguments ensue. This is just one of I don't know how many such threads and they all devolve because the initial premise is flawed.

One device is variable voltage. One is variable wattage. Pick which suits you. There's enough been said on both to make a decision, even if one is newer. I prefer variable wattage. I don't have anything against people who prefer variable voltage. There's room for both.

Last edited:

cyclotron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2012
Hampton Roads, VA, US
you are the one being gratuitous i must say, the name calling wasn't directed at you, by the way, this is the second time i'm pointing this out, and by the way, i'd probably stop if i were to stop being insulted by the Zcult leader that you continue to "back up" in this debate....i never said YOU were complaining, i was stating it as a generalized statement.....so i'll mind you to back off and pay attention to what is written.

I haven't insulted you elmattias. If I were to insult you I'd say something like "dang its funny to watch to see what this idiot might post next". I didn't say anything like that though.

ThaSnibbla

Apr 24, 2012
Chico, Ca
Whether you choose a VV device such as a Provari V2, or you choose to get a VW mod such as a SB with a kick, or a Zmax V2. Your total will be around $150-$180. So if you want to say the Provari is an over priced mod... You should really do a little more shopping. I had the opportunity to choose either of the 2 or a Zmax V2. I chose a Provari. Im a handgun enthusiast and the way i look at it is, the Provari is the Colt 1911 of variable setting mods.

pherik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2012
Chantilly VA
I am using the EGO APV and it's great. Better quality than the provari, more accurate than the provari, and only costs 39.99. It's VV, variable wattage, can use 1 18650 protected, and it's sturdy/heavy enough to throw at a thief and knock them out. :D

And colt 1911 is really only there to say "I own a Colt 1911 and follow the trend of everyone who things colt makes quality products". It's the same with the Provari community.

Now, when you look at many of the other devices, not smoktek, you are looking for quality and quality you will get with a number of them. Everyone makes a VV mod now and they cost half to 1/4th the price of a Provari and will actually be more accurate and higher quality. Think of ones like the EGO APV as the Wilson Combat 1911. Quality, tested, confirmed.

Last edited:

BlkWolfMidnight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2012
Virginia
Dear lord folks...
Ok, ProVari is nice..if it was 2009...Technology has updated way past what the ProVari can do, have they made different revisions, I guess the better question to ask is when was the last time they thought to update it. Wooooo, the ProVari Mini, yah should have been an option from the start, segmented tube options have been around for a while (Since the envisionment of classic tube mods). If your concerned about construction get an all mechanical Mod, also will dub as a personal club when needed.
The real truth is if your concerned about exacts and spot on voltages, then your a vape by numbers person. You would need a very accurate device and pretty much Darwin or ProVari fits the bill ( See box mods for alternatives, they make ProVari look like a dinosaur). If your a vape by taste person like us old timers are then any old device including a mechanical mod will do. Personal preference really, I say learn how to vape by taste and save yourself a few bucks...don't go ProVari just because its a name, kind of pointless really if you look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread